Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

DOUCHER said:

deal not done yet i'm afraid folks - big meeting this weekend, takeover will happen but probably still a few weeks away

Well, if this is true, what a complete and utter disappointment and shambles!! Transfer market is open and closes early, we have no manager or senior management team! Bowyer maybe or maybe not the new owners manager, but what on earth is going on?
    A big meeting this weekend!! This takeover is supposed to have been on for 14 months if you believe some people, and at least since the beginning of May (Muir in a scarf), and yet some 6 weeks later a big meeting is to take place? Only at Charlton can such a farce continue, after the last 4 years of farce!! Its more like a Brian Rix stage play!!
    Agree. Is the delay of RD’s making or are the new lot chancers?
    Neither. You'll need to go back quite a few pages on the thread to catch up though.
    Is that after the fish stuff but before the weather puns petered out?
  • DOUCHER said:

deal not done yet i'm afraid folks - big meeting this weekend, takeover will happen but probably still a few weeks away

https://youtu.be/hiThRIHwQDE
  • JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

DOUCHER said:

Well, if this is true, what a complete and utter disappointment and shambles!! Transfer market is open and closes early, we have no manager or senior management team! Bowyer maybe or maybe not the new owners manager, but what on earth is going on?
    A big meeting this weekend!! This takeover is supposed to have been on for 14 months if you believe some people, and at least since the beginning of May (Muir in a scarf), and yet some 6 weeks later a big meeting is to take place? Only at Charlton can such a farce continue, after the last 4 years of farce!! Its more like a Brian Rix stage play!!
    Neither. You'll need to go back quite a few pages on the thread to catch up though.
    I missed the weather puns.
  • Meeting could be at the weekend I suppose. Maybe they finally get to meet RD. Poor sods.
  • DOUCHER said:

Ffs.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

DOUCHER said:

I missed the weather puns.
    You didn't miss much. The gags were changeable and we all felt under some pretty high pressure after the ceiling we breached with the fish gags. In fact you could say that it was all a bit of an anti-climate.

• The cyclone to Amsterdam was more interesting ....
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

DOUCHER said:

Helpful.
  • I can positively guarantee I am still awake and that I am hoping to sleep well soon.
  • Eight hundred and fifty!

• DOUCHER said:

So if Doucher is correct and the Takeover is still weeks away, either Duchatelet has made such a mess off the club and it’s proving almost impossible to get the deal over the line, or the Aussie Consortium are a bunch of chancers who can barely cobble together enough money to buy the club let alone take it to the premier League as there web site suggests. Either way enormous damage is being done to the chances of us doing well next season. Why would anyone buy a season ticket when we can barely field a first eleven. I’m starting to lose any good will towards them even before they’ve taken over

• cfgs said:

Why am I checking this thread at 3:58am? I need a life.

With
  • With all the optimism and positive postings by those 'in the know', I've found myself staying very close to this site. In fact I've not wandered very far from this thread.

From Collins English Dictionary

To hang by a thread (phrase)

If you say that something is hanging by a thread, you mean that it is in a very uncertain state and is unlikely to survive or succeed.
  • JamesSeed said:

Meeting could be at the weekend I suppose. Maybe they finally get to meet RD. Poor sods.

I thought they'd already done that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

DOUCHER said:

Helpful.
    ;-)
  • JamesSeed said:

Meeting could be at the weekend I suppose. Maybe they finally get to meet RD. Poor sods.

Seems odd to me that we can be at the 'papers with the EFL stage' yet the buyers and owners have still not met. Hopefully their associates have.
  • “And the needle returns to the start of the song”

Is today always to be known as

Charlton Del Amitri day
  • DOUCHER said:

And without the crass titilation and inuendo.... oh sorry forgot about the centre circle fiasco!
  • It will be a few weeks for the next fkin year -.-
  • November... Just a few weeks!
  • "its never happening---its never happening" stupid Gif bollox etc
  • edited June 2018

JamesSeed said:

Seems odd to me that we can be at the 'papers with the EFL stage' yet the buyers and owners have still not met. Hopefully their associates have.
    CAFC is only 2% of his empire, so RD clearly doesn't have time to waste on meetings. I know that one of the consortium hadn't met RD, and suspect the other hadn't either, but don't know 100%.
    All meetings were with 'his people'.
    And to be fair they did say it's been a 2 yr process already, and they're in it for the long haul.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!