Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Is anyone else hearing what Doucher is hearing
  • My guesstimate date of 1 July is looking good at the moment
  • seth plum said:

Despite a number on here saying they would buy a season ticket once RD departed, given the length of time this takeover is taking to get over the line I suspect a lot of fans will continue to hold off buying a season ticket for the coming season and see how things develop. It's not as if we will be selling out the ground on a weekly basis in league one.

I want to buy tickets as a symbol of both celebration Duchatelet has gone, and as a sign of support for a fresh start.
    Seth, a few weeks ago I was feeling exactly the same even though I didn't see me getting to every home game. But the delay in completing the takeover has reduced my enthusiasm. I am afraid I have got to that stage where I refuse to waste my time watching the same old dross which is inevitable if the squad is not over-hauled. So I will await developments on the takeover with interest (but the delay is becoming tedious), and if the squad is improved and the team starts playing some decent football I will start going to games.

Likewise, I have a budget for a season ticket. But if it don't happen soon I'll blow it on a bike to join the bike to Amsterdam thingy for next year. The Trust and its associates are the only thing keeping my interest as it stands, sad but true........
  • _MrDick said:

My guesstimate date of 1 July is looking good at the moment

What year?
  • I remember the day when my CL Badge was awarded. One of the proudest days of my life. Was in the Liberal Club by a be cardiganed gentleman who pinned it on my chest and then kissed me on both cheeks.

Was that Marshal Zhukov?
    Well he had the same gaunt expression and big nose.

• edited June 2018
    Unless we cobble together a ridiculously good squad at short notice once the takeover is done, its looking likely for a 3rd and 4th season in League One, which will be our longest ever spell in the third level.
  • Valley11 said:

DOUCHER said:

deal not done yet i'm afraid folks - big meeting this weekend, takeover will happen but probably still a few weeks away

Well, if this is true, what a complete and utter disappointment and shambles!! Transfer market is open and closes early, we have no manager or senior management team! Bowyer maybe or maybe not the new owners manager, but what on earth is going on?
    A big meeting this weekend!! This takeover is supposed to have been on for 14 months if you believe some people, and at least since the beginning of May (Muir in a scarf), and yet some 6 weeks later a big meeting is to take place? Only at Charlton can such a farce continue, after the last 4 years of farce!! Its more like a Brian Rix stage play!!
    Agree. Is the delay of RD’s making or are the new lot chancers?
    Neither mate. All parties involved are actually taking their lead from this thread and so are just going round in circles!!
  • CAFCTrev said:

Unless we cobble together a ridiculously good squad at short notice once the takeover is done, its looking likely for a 4th and 5th season in League One, which will be our longest ever spell in the third level.

And thats why I'm so glad we werent promoted this season... at present we'd be an embarrassment in the Championship next season
  • Sponsored links:

• This is all getting a very familiar. Brace yourselves!

It'll get worse before it gets better.
  • Has anyone ITK allowed for jet lag

I got back from Las Vegas yesterday, back into work this morning already. Bollocks to jet lag.
    Bloody hell... we got back two weeks' ago and it took me a week to get over it! Hope you're not a train/bus driver or working with 'heavy machinery'. Is everyone still going nuts for the Knights ice hockey team?

• CAFCTrev said:

Unless we cobble together a ridiculously good squad at short notice once the takeover is done, its looking likely for a 4th and 5th season in League One, which will be our longest ever spell in the third level.

I'll take it if it means we have some stability in structure in the long term
  • dickplumb said:

Latest from Colin," it looks like they have offered the job to Powell."

They have....Hope Powell
  • dickplumb said:

Should sort the defence out - good appointment. Thanks, Colin.

• CAFCTrev said:

In recent history yes,. You would have to go back to before Jimmy Seed but we spent longer in the third tier before WW2
  • The optimist in me says the takeover will be announced on the same day as the manager and a marquee signing.

The pessimist in me says the takeover will be announced as off on the same day we sell our last saleable players and are told that we have good youth players coming through that will be like new signings.

• _MrDick said:

My guesstimate date of 1 July is looking good at the moment

What year?
    Haven't quite decided yet :worried:
  • dickplumb said:

It’s more a question of whether he would take it.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

He's also saying completion date is 15 June
  • Chizz said:

JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Meeting could be at the weekend I suppose. Maybe they finally get to meet RD. Poor sods.

I thought they'd already done that?
    Seems odd to me that we can be at the 'papers with the EFL stage' yet the buyers and owners have still not met. Hopefully their associates have.
    CAFC is only 2% of his empire, so RD clearly doesn't have time to waste on meetings. I know that one of the consortium hadn't met RD, and suspect the other hadn't either, but don't know 100%.
    All meetings were with 'his people'.
    And to be fair they did say it's been a 2 yr process already, and they're in it for the long haul.
    There are only two parties in the consortium?
    There are other investors, but not sure a. how long they've been involved and b. whether they've been directly involved in the negotiations.
    That's really interesting. So the "consortium" comprises just two people, Muir and one other. And behind them, they have a number (unknown) of investors. Is that about right?
    Don’t know for sure, sorry.
  • _MrDick said:

dickplumb said:

He's also saying completion date is 15 June
    Did he mention a time on the 15 June? He's normally very precise.
  • CAFCTrev said:

I'll take it if it means we have some stability in structure in the long term
    Me too.
  • JamesSeed. You say that we're all enjoying this thread in our own way. Sorry, but that is utter rubbish. How you can say that whilst the future of CAFC hangs by a thread (no pun intended) is beyond me.

I didn’t mean that we’re enjoying the situation, I mean we’re devouring any relevant info like starving men.

When I said ‘the window is open’, the fella shrugged and said they’ve already spent two years and a million quid on this. It’s a long term project. Patience etc.
    I’ve also heard via a friend on CL that transfer negotiations are going on in the background while things are being sorted with the sale. No idea if that’s still the case.

This is all really frustrating. Was really hoping there’d be an announcement when Muir gets back. Maybe there still will be.
    Damn you @DOUCHER !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!