Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

Is this thread now the official CL "wrist slitting" thread?

No, everyone just keep a stiff upper lip, have a large G & T and remember the old adage "When it's on the OS"

Club is 113 years old on 9 June. Another week or month is a drop in the ocean compared to the time the club has existed.
    Maybe. But another week or a month has a HUGE effect on what we do over the course of the next year.
    Agree completely and I want it done ASAP for that very reason but the club will survive and maybe even thrive long term if and when it has proper owners again.

Been a long hard and "bumpy ride" ever since the spivs made a "distressed" sale to Duchatelet but it is nearly at end.

Steady the Buffs.
  • Here's an idea for the NEXT rumour thread. When anyone brings a rumour to the table we discuss it's validity and likelihood to the Nth degree, but anyone who tries to shoot the messenger gets a short ban. Or a stern telling off.

If I ever did have a rumour I just wouldn't post it due to the potential flak that seems to come the way of anyone who does.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Just had a text from someone who knows Donald’s son, he said it’s all going through and Donald will be on the board, Trying to find out more info.

Well they went as far as speaking to a big law firm in London to broker the deal I know that much, my mates convinced ( Australian Muir ) has pulled out but text that info to a friend and he’s heard it’s still going through and will be done before the World Cup so who knows, just passing on info have no reason to lie.
  • edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

From my reckoning only me and NLA have been 100 per cent right so far although I'm sure many will disagree - not that it matters. It will happen.

If it doesn't matter why keep saying it?

What have I reported that's been wrong btw? The Aussies thought end of May, but they also said they're patient.

They also said they have money, and you or NLA haven't proved that they haven't.

Your mate saying he thinks they haven't isn't proof.
    I thought you said you didn’t discuss finances at your meeting?

(Not an attempt to discredit you - just slightly confused as to what’s fact and what’s interpretation).
  • bobmunro said:

cafcpolo said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed. You say that we're all enjoying this thread in our own way. Sorry, but that is utter rubbish. How you can say that whilst the future of CAFC hangs by a thread (no pun intended) is beyond me.

I didn’t mean that we’re enjoying the situation, I mean we’re devouring any relevant info like starving men.

When I said ‘the window is open’, the fella shrugged and said they’ve already spent two years and a million quid on this. It’s a long term project. Patience etc.
    I’ve also heard via a friend on CL that transfer negotiations are going on in the background while things are being sorted with the sale. No idea if that’s still the case.

This is all really frustrating. Was really hoping there’d be an announcement when Muir gets back. Maybe there still will be.
    Damn you @DOUCHER !
    Don't blame me Johnny. I don't blame you for posting what you did last week or so either. We all just post what we have heard in good faith. It wasn't the positive news I was hoping for obviously but lets see what happens next week I guess but I'm certainly of the understanding that it is not, at the moment, a done deal.
    It’s Jimmy
    Cabbles look whats happening!!!!!! :smiley:
    Who?

He meant bobbles.
    Sorry chaps, it’s love island season. The takeover will have to wait
  • TELTEL
    edited June 2018

Davo55 said:

So, possible the takeover is delayed.

Meanwhile STs go back on sale on 11 June.

Just a co-incidence, or Duchatalet still looking to squeeze more money out of his CAFC tenure?

He isn't getting another penny out of me.

I’m not sure I see a link. RD clearly wants shot, they’ve been no suggestion from any of the sources or recordings that isn’t the case, and in relation to a £30/40m deal, a handful of ST money adding up to no more than a few k is not really going to be a factor.
    Its not a factor....any sales of season tickets already paid and any corporate sponsorship money will be passed on to the new owners. You can put this to bed as 2Shits wont benefit from forward sales of the above unless he doesnt sell......then the meagre amount of revenue will get swallowed up in his monthly debt.
  • edited June 2018
    bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Just had a text from someone who knows Donald’s son, he said it’s all going through and Donald will be on the board, Trying to find out more info.

Well they went as far as speaking to a big law firm in London to broker the deal I know that much, my mates convinced ( Australian Muir ) has pulled out but text that info to a friend and he’s heard it’s still going through and will be done before the World Cup so who knows, just passing on info have no reason to lie.
    I didn't think you were lying bob. I thought you were kindly passing on what a mate said and I was simply pointing out that you've been wrong every time.
    In other words don't panic fellow fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Scoham said:

@JamesSeed remember it was your source that backed up the money point when he told you it needed to be signed off

It was the most glaring part of your post to me

as I am yet to be convinced that anyone of any decent financial standing with running the club based on football achievements will happen any time soon I saw that part as confirmation of what I had been told and what I had shared and it’s not for me to prove they haven’t raised the money it’s for them to prove they have by buying us and ridding is of the old bstd

Unfortunately as of yet we ain’t any closer than we were 6 weeks ago and that is and should be a cautionary sign to all

I certainly wouldn’t be posting anything that mentioned dates or potential dates as every single time that’s been done the person doing it has regretfully been incorrect

What he said was this:
    1. They’re hoping, subject to approval from a couple of investors and the EFL, that the sale will happen next week. I think they might being a little optimistic with their estimate of the how long the EFL can take processing these fit and proper person tests, so an extra week or two might be on the cards? (Just guessing). But they're patient people.

http://jimmyseed.blogspot.com/2018/05/takeover-news-19th-may-2018.html
    @JamesSeed's original post never said it was (or wasn't) finance related. It could have been due to something else those two investors were querying.

Oh please turn it in.
  • bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

I didn't think you were lying bob. I thought you were kindly passing on what a mate said and I was simply pointing out that you've been wrong every time.
    In other words don't panic fellow fans.
    Yeah I hope he is wrong ( what he’s been told ) and hope any takeover we have happens ASAP.
  • X
    ross1 said:

It seems to me, even the people ITK, i.e. RD and Australians do not know when it will be completed, so how do any on here know?

This. Nailed it.
  • Here's an idea for the NEXT rumour thread. When anyone brings a rumour to the table we discuss it's validity and likelihood to the Nth degree, but anyone who tries to shoot the messenger gets a short ban. Or a stern telling off.

If I ever did have a rumour I just wouldn't post it due to the potential flak that seems to come the way of anyone who does.

Also this
  • Just spent an evening having a meal with the Mrs in our local restaurant, it is small and compact. On one of the other tables was two Australian couples, to say they were loud is an understatement. Obviously this is a bad omen for the takeover, or probably not.

But crikey they were annoying.
  • DOUCHER said:

From my reckoning only me and NLA have been 100 per cent right so far although I'm sure many will disagree - not that it matters. It will happen.

Up to now I haven't made any predictions or passed on any info from those in the know so I'm happy to say that IT WILL HAPPEN & I think that makes me 100% right so far..... You heard it here first, second,
    err .... third ...............Not that it matters !
  • edited June 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

@JamesSeed remember it was your source that backed up the money point when he told you it needed to be signed off

as I am yet to be convinced that anyone of any decent financial standing with running the club based on football achievements will happen any time soon I saw that part as confirmation of what I had been told and what I had shared and it’s not for me to prove they haven’t raised the money it’s for them to prove they have by buying us and ridding is of the old bstd

Unfortunately as of yet we ain’t any closer than we were 6 weeks ago and that is and should be a cautionary sign to all

I certainly wouldn’t be posting anything that mentioned dates or potential dates as every single time that’s been done the person doing it has regretfully been incorrect

What he said was this:
    1. They’re hoping, subject to approval from a couple of investors and the EFL, that the sale will happen next week. I think they might being a little optimistic with their estimate of the how long the EFL can take processing these fit and proper person tests, so an extra week or two might be on the cards? (Just guessing). But they're patient people.

http://jimmyseed.blogspot.com/2018/05/takeover-news-19th-may-2018.html
    @JamesSeed's original post never said it was (or wasn't) finance related. It could have been due to something else those two investors were querying.
    Oh please turn it in.

Well @nth london addick seems to agree with the point that it could be due to various reasons.

But no, you’re right, despite us not really knowing anything we can safely assume it’s definitely money related. Couldn’t possibly be any other reason.
  • edited June 2018
    So other parties are still in with a chance? If it is another party it’s hard to believe it’ll be done in a weeks or two.
  • Sponsored links:

• @JamesSeed remember it was your source that backed up the money point when he told you it needed to be signed off

Don't understand your first sentence, but agree with the old bstd bit.

A couple of legal issues needing signing off on you interpreted as meaning they haven't got any money, which isn't a logical conclusion imho.

This isn't a guess the date competition, no one's going to win awards, so who cares if someone says it might be next Thursday. Good luck to 'em I say.

• Curb_It said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

What have I reported that's been wrong btw? The Aussies thought end of May, but they also said they're patient.

They also said they have money, and you or NLA haven't proved that they haven't.

calm down johnny, it doesn't matter
    This is why you’re an unlikeable character, deliberately calling him the wrong name again. Even after he corrected you. I know this is part of your persona being rude to people. But you do yourself no favours but I guess that’s how you like it.
    calm down, i'm never rude to people - a bit of 'banter' with those who have given me a bit of 'banter' previously - you've not liked me since i disrespected a raffle or something you were organising
  • DOUCHER said:

Solidgone said:

DOUCHER said:

Curb_It said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

calm down johnny, it doesn't matter
    This is why you’re an unlikeable character, deliberately calling him the wrong name again. Even after he corrected you. I know this is part of your persona being rude to people. But you do yourself no favours but I guess that’s how you like it.
    calm down, i'm never rude to people - a bit of 'banter' with those who have given me a bit of 'banter' previously - you've not liked me since i disrespected a raffle or something you were organising
    That’s rude, personal dig and completely out of order.
    so calling me unlikeable is okay and accussing her of organising a raffle isn't - people are very tetchy on here at the moment
    Perhaps tomorrow you might re-read your post and realise how childish you’ve become. Shame as I’ve liked your posts on the takeover.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!