Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I really enjoy being told that the take-over is almost done....................................
    I don't enjoy reading shortly afterwards that it was a false alarm.
  • When the take over is completed we'll have to 're-sign Morgan Fox or we won't have anything to moan about.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Unless we cobble together a ridiculously good squad at short notice once the takeover is done, its looking likely for a 4th and 5th season in League One, which will be our longest ever spell in the third level.

Why 5th?
  • edited June 2018

dickplumb said:

Latest from Colin," it looks like they have offered the job to Powell."

It’s more a question of whether he would take it.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed. You say that we're all enjoying this thread in our own way. Sorry, but that is utter rubbish. How you can say that whilst the future of CAFC hangs by a thread (no pun intended) is beyond me.

I didn’t mean that we’re enjoying the situation, I mean we’re devouring any relevant info like starving men.

When I said ‘the window is open’, the fella shrugged and said they’ve already spent two years and a million quid on this. It’s a long term project. Patience etc.
    I’ve also heard via a friend on CL that transfer negotiations are going on in the background while things are being sorted with the sale. No idea if that’s still the case.

This is all really frustrating. Was really hoping there’d be an announcement when Muir gets back. Maybe there still will be.
    Damn you @DOUCHER !
    Don't blame me Johnny. I don't blame you for posting what you did last week or so either. We all just post what we have heard in good faith. It wasn't the positive news I was hoping for obviously but lets see what happens next week I guess but I'm certainly of the understanding that it is not, at the moment, a done deal.
  • Scoham said:

CAFCTrev said:

Unless we cobble together a ridiculously good squad at short notice once the takeover is done, its looking likely for a 4th and 5th season in League One, which will be our longest ever spell in the third level.

Why 5th?
    This season will be a write-off and therefore we will be consigned to at least this and next season in league 1
  • DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed. You say that we're all enjoying this thread in our own way. Sorry, but that is utter rubbish. How you can say that whilst the future of CAFC hangs by a thread (no pun intended) is beyond me.

I didn’t mean that we’re enjoying the situation, I mean we’re devouring any relevant info like starving men.

When I said ‘the window is open’, the fella shrugged and said they’ve already spent two years and a million quid on this. It’s a long term project. Patience etc.
    I’ve also heard via a friend on CL that transfer negotiations are going on in the background while things are being sorted with the sale. No idea if that’s still the case.

This is all really frustrating. Was really hoping there’d be an announcement when Muir gets back. Maybe there still will be.
    Damn you @DOUCHER !
    Don't blame me Johnny. I don't blame you for posting what you did last week or so either. We all just post what we have heard in good faith. It wasn't the positive news I was hoping for obviously but lets see what happens next week I guess but I'm certainly of the understanding that it is not, at the moment, a done deal.
    We know you do
  • jams said:

Scoham said:

CAFCTrev said:

Why 5th?
    This season will be a write-off and therefore we will be consigned to at least this and next season in league 1
    So this will be our 3rd season in League One, next season will be our fourth
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

CAFCTrev said:

Why 5th?
    He must be looking into the future.
  • lets kill this thread its the worst of the worst its not funny its not informative its just utter bollox --- fed up with "i have herd--it is --it isnt-- i know more than you--im right --your wrong "

and burger boy still has a fecking job

I'm ITK on that subject and I'm reliably informed that he no longer flips burgers, but adds hot water to Pot Noodles whilst writing poetry/limericks re advice on moving house.

My willy is the biggest.
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

Damn you @DOUCHER !
    It’s Jimmy
    Cabbles look whats happening!!!!!! :smiley:
    Who?

• cafcpolo said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

Damn you @DOUCHER !
    It’s Jimmy
    Cabbles look whats happening!!!!!! :smiley:
    Who?

He meant bobbles.
  • jams said:

Scoham said:

CAFCTrev said:

Why 5th?
    That was my point, that’ll only be four seasons
  • Sponsored links:

• Since this thread started I've lost my job, my marriage, my kids, my self respect , my dignity, my sanity, my dog, my parking space and my interest in DIY and Australians.

Social services should close it down before it's too late.

you'll always have potnoodles though so, every cloud and all that
    it was so long ago i've forgotten who brought up the Microwaving of pot noodles.

Wouldn't have known that was a thing without this thread
  • Since this thread started I've lost my job, my marriage, my kids, my self respect , my dignity, my sanity, my dog, my parking space and my interest in DIY and Australians.

Sorry to hear about losing the dog!
    Aye, the rest can be replaced......... ;)
  • Close to 3 Million views now....
  • edited June 2018

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

Damn you @DOUCHER !
    It’s jimmy ;-)

And I standby my posts, as the only thing that wasn’t 100% right I was their hope that it would be sorted in May
    As its stands you've been 0% right, actually.
    Good point @Stu_of_Kunming
    Until they buy the club we won’t know If what they said was true.

Of course everything I was told could have been lies, or they could have changed their minds about some of it in the meantime.

Or I could have made everything up, as has been suggested on another forum.

I’m far less worried about the date than I am about them pulling the plug. I don’t think they will though, after spending so much time and money on the purchase up to now.
  • Close to 3 Million views now....

And almost enough posts to fill The Valley...

All the pot noodle posts would probably fill a quadrant!

Hope you don't like Country & Western @grumpyaddick...every bloody song will be bringing back really sad memories!!! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!