Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• razil said:

Fairly shore there have been fish puns

There may have been but don’t tell him Pike.
  • Oh by the way, it’s my birthday tomorrow, so Mr Muir, or if I may be so presumptuous, Andrew, you know what I would really like as a present.

No not a train set.
  • If it goes through before Australia's first group game then I'll happily be an Aussie for the day (yuck).
  • Ground hog day.
    Did I say that before ?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

Said for the past 2-3 weeks at least, I was told they believe it would be announced before the World Cup begins. Of course they would’ve hoped sooner, but ultimately, I have repeatedly said Thursday 14th June.

We shall see. Fingers crossed.

And thank you, @JamesSeed it is always appreciated and what can’t be stressed enough is the key words Henry highlighted. People, please don’t jump on his back. This is solid information.

The end is nigh.

Thanks. I don't personally think the delays have been anything to do with the World Cup, although you can see why they would want it done and dusted by then.

No disrespect to anyone but I lost interest in this thread months ago after the first 100 “should be done by this weekend” posts, and have just clocked what WIOTOS means, and with that, that’s exactly what I’m gonna wait for, up the addicks sooner the better the worlds most frustrating forum thread ends the better!

To all......

This is a direct message from one of the consortium. Yes we're all fed up with false dawns, but it's only a message saying the EFL haven't blocked the bid, and that they HOPE to be able to make an announcement later in the week.

No one's guessing dates here. Nothing's definitive. It's merely a message, which expresses some positivity.

You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to. Certainly wouldn't blame you for staying away.

Please don't shoot the messenger. None of this is my opinion, or my prediction.
    @JamesSeed I wasn’t insinuating that the delay was anything to do with the World Cup. I was merely saying that I was told around 2-3 weeks ago that it was believed to be announced prior to it beginning, hence why I’ve said Thursday 14th June since around 24th May.

All of your information is brilliant, but was just explaining in more detail of why I have said Thursday 14th June.
  • JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

Said for the past 2-3 weeks at least, I was told they believe it would be announced before the World Cup begins. Of course they would’ve hoped sooner, but ultimately, I have repeatedly said Thursday 14th June.

And thank you, @JamesSeed it is always appreciated and what can’t be stressed enough is the key words Henry highlighted. People, please don’t jump on his back. This is solid information.

The end is nigh.

Thanks. I don't personally think the delays have been anything to do with the World Cup, although you can see why they would want it done and dusted by then.

No disrespect to anyone but I lost interest in this thread months ago after the first 100 “should be done by this weekend” posts, and have just clocked what WIOTOS means, and with that, that’s exactly what I’m gonna wait for, up the addicks sooner the better the worlds most frustrating forum thread ends the better!

To all......

This is a direct message from one of the consortium. Yes we're all fed up with false dawns, but it's only a message saying the EFL haven't blocked the bid, and that they HOPE to be able to make an announcement later in the week.

No one's guessing dates here. Nothing's definitive. It's merely a message, which expresses some positivity.

You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to. Certainly wouldn't blame you for staying away.

Well what the fck have we been doing on the 'Roland Departure - Date Prediction' thread, then?!

That's why I said 'here' lol

Must update that thread....
  • Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

The end is nigh.

To all......

@JamesSeed I wasn’t insinuating that the delay was anything to do with the World Cup. I was merely saying that I was told around 2-3 weeks ago that it was believed to be announced prior to it beginning, hence why I’ve said Thursday 14th June since around 24th May.

All of your information is brilliant, but was just explaining in more detail of why I have said Thursday 14th June.
    Sorry I misread your post mate.

I genuinely think no one knows anything for sure, including the Aussies, hence Henry's WIOTOS.

Would be nice to move on to talk about transfer targets or signings, rather than this takeover saga that is getting so boring now.
  • JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

The end is nigh.

To all......

I genuinely think no one knows anything for sure, including the Aussies, hence Henry's WIOTOS.

Would be nice to move on to talk about transfer targets or signings, rather than this takeover saga that is getting so boring now.
    Completely agree.

It has become tedious, a long time ago, but it shows how complicated and how much of a mess things are/were. The sooner it’s announced the better and we can begin the real hard work and assembling a squad good enough for promotion.
  • War And Peace is 1,225 pages long. What chance this thread beats that?
  • razil said:

Oi you pillock.......I did that one a couple of weeks back!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

The end is nigh.

To all......

Completely agree.

It has become tedious, a long time ago, but it shows how complicated and how much of a mess things are/were. The sooner it’s announced the better and we can begin the real hard work and assembling a squad good enough for promotion.
    I wont. This league is terrible. £2m in transfer fees would be all it takes to get us out of it.

If the owners are serious about getting to the prem in 5 years then they need to get over the first hurdle quickly by doing what Kevin Cash did the season we went up...i.e. buying 5 or 6 £400k quality players that effectively bought us out of the division in our first full season under Jimenez & Slater.
    Agreed, @OhEddieYouds, but that is not the work of a moment and the close season clock is already ticking loudly in a highly competitive market.
  • Just updated the prediction thread. Hadn't noticed it's already accumulated 20 pages :-(
  • War And Peace is 1,225 pages long. What chance this thread beats that?

Good chance, I should think. Because we are already on p867 and there hasn't been the first glimmer of peace yet.
  • Good for Morts. I’m sure though he has a direct line to Duchatelets 96th in command who won’t have a clue who Charlton are let alone Paul Mortimer.

Big week for Brexit and big week for CAFC. If this week passes without a takeover or at least good news then I’m going to get worried.
  • edited June 2018

Morts on BBC Radio London just now (8.37 11/6 urging Duchatelet to sort things out and tell the fans what is happening.

Is that our very own @oohaahmortimer you’re referring to,Henry.
  • RedChaser said:

razil said:

Oi you pollock.......I did that one a couple of weeks back!
    Fixed that for you mate :wink: .
    That made me laugh out loud! Well done sir
  • Colin stating RD is in the country until Wednesday.

Could it finally happen?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!