Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Facebook reminded me that a year ago today, I excitedly posted about our imminent takeover. It was an entire year ago. Ffs. Will we still be here on this tedious thread in another year's time?
  • I guess I am one of very few who simply will no longer believe that anything is happening or even near happening until it is officially announced and will not lose another ounce of energy on the 1000th rumor, even if this time it turns out to be true.

Nyet! Nyet! No more! Not tonight!
  • Facebook reminded me that a year ago today, I excitedly posted about our imminent takeover. It was an entire year ago. Ffs. Will we still be here on this tedious thread in another year's time?

Yes
  • JamesSeed said:

HarryLime said:

Taxi_Lad said:

surprised there has been so little reaction to Angeldusts revelation that one of the parties has walked. Have we become so numb to it all ?

I'm just waiting for the moment The Great Cardigan can finally post a gif on here, pointing me in the direction of the Offical site. Until then I'll just enjoy the pot noodle and poetry.
    Here is a very poor effort....

We haven't had any poetry recently
    The team haven't even been playing decently
    We got one more chance
    For Roland to dance
    Before he's finally gone, isn't he?

Ok well what the hell else rhymes with recently!?
    Indecently
  • I guess I am one of very few who simply will no longer believe that anything is happening or even near happening until it is officially announced and will not lose another ounce of energy on the 1000th rumor, even if this time it turns out to be true.

If only there was some pithy phrase to sum up this stance that could then be shortened into a set of initials for even easier use.
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4406218/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-ready-sell-up.html

Now a year and a day since the press article that started this thread.

And still no takeover

WIOTOS
  • ross1 said:

Surely we have not got to wait until April 1st :smiley:

Probably. Because at no stage have I ever believed that anyone would meet the lunatics insane valuations - and that ain't changed.
  • edited April 2018

I guess I am one of very few who simply will no longer believe that anything is happening or even near happening until it is officially announced and will not lose another ounce of energy on the 1000th rumor, even if this time it turns out to be true.

If only there was some pithy phrase to sum up this stance that could then be shortened into a set of initials for even easier use.
    How about: IFTWSPPTSUTSTCTBSIASOIFEEU?

DIGAP?
  • OAFDUMP?
  • Sponsored links:

• Aunty Mary
    Had a Canary
    Up the leg of her drawers
    When she farted
    It departed
    To a round of applause
    and now it lives up yours

• The guy is simply a sociopath..
    ..no need for further analysis.
    They come in many guises and can fit into society without being noticed.
    They have no real empathy with their fellow man.
    Any perceived emotions of any kind are simply learned by them rather than felt by them in order to fit into society and have an easier life.....but its all fake and just for show.
    I and a few others have been stressing this opinion for sometime.
    You are actually dealing with someone who GENUINELY doesn't give a shyte about The Addicks....not out of spite but because he simply doesn't have the mental capacity.
    Even his wife/partner has mentioned in interviews that he shows little understanding of the feelings and emotions of others!
  • This is as I see it.

Charlton are losing somewhere between 8 and 12 million per season.

Armed with that knowledge any potential buyers would want to purchase the club at a reasonably low price say 20 or 30 million.

Douchbag by continuing to ask for 40 or 50 million is being completely unreasonable and that is why in my humble opinion that this takeover thread is now one year old.

Nobody in their right mind is going to pay that sort of money for a club in league one with the running costs being as they are so until he lowers the price we are stuck with him.
  • This is as I see it.

Armed with that knowledge any potential buyers would want to purchase the club at a reasonably low price say 20 or 30 million.

Douchbag by continuing to ask for 40 or 50 million is being completely unreasonable and that is why in my humble opinion that this takeover thread is now one year old.

Nobody in their right mind is going to pay that sort of money for a club in league one with the running costs being as they are so until he lowers the price we are stuck with him.

F@ck me its taken you all this time to work it out.
  • clb74 said:

This is as I see it.

F@ck me its taken you all this time to work it out.
    Nope I worked it out months ago.
    It's Roland who hasn't worked it out
  • The guy is simply a sociopath..
    ..no need for further analysis.
    They come in many guises and can fit into society without being noticed.
    They have no real empathy with their fellow man.
    Any perceived emotions of any kind are simply learned by them rather than felt by them in order to fit into society and have an easier life.....but its all fake and just for show.
    I and a few others have been stressing this opinion for sometime.
    You are actually dealing with someone who GENUINELY doesn't give a shyte about The Addicks....not out of spite but because he simply doesn't have the mental capacity.
    Even his wife/partner has mentioned in interviews that he shows little understanding of the feelings and emotions of others!

Blank verse?
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4406218/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-ready-sell-up.html

Now a year and a day since the press article that started this thread.

And still no takeover

WIOTOS

Is it possible to edit this thread down to the original post and a monthly post of WIOTOS?
    Who needs debate!
  • Sponsored links:

• 9th May is available on the Prediction thread for anyone who wants it, and hasn't selected a date already.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80685/roland-departure-date-prediction#latest
  • I am beginning to think that my 1st January 2019 might not be quite as daft as I was starting to think just a couple of weeks ago.
  • clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

9th May is available on the Prediction thread for anyone who wants it, and hasn't selected a date already.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80685/roland-departure-date-prediction#latest

Would that be 2020
    It's certainly available if you want it. Still no cash prize though!
  • @JamesSeed can I take the 9th May? I had 5th April so breaks the rules a bit...
  • Dazzler21 said:

@JamesSeed can I take the 9th May? I had 5th April so breaks the rules a bit...

Sorry Daz, it's gotta be two calendar months :-(
  • edited April 2018
    DOUCHER said:

OAFDUMP OAPDUMP?

Corrected for you... I assume you're referring to Duchatelet?
  • Next page is 666.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!