Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So no news from anyone about the takeover heard today?
    Elsewhere it has been muted that the takeover was dependent on promotion from this poxy league and if it doesn't happen (which I now believe it won't) RD will have to drop his price substantially (which i also believe he won't). That leaves us in the shite in my opinion, if RD still owns us in the summer, he will use the potential 'sale' of the club as an excuse not to buy any players or renew any expensive contracts. We could be stuck in this league for a long, long time yet.....well all the time RD is in charge.
    Elsewhere it has been muted that the takeover was dependent on promotion from this poxy league and if it doesn't happen (which I now believe it won't) RD will have to drop his price substantially (which i also believe he won't). That leaves us in the shite in my opinion, if RD still owns us in the summer, he will use the potential 'sale' of the club as an excuse not to buy any players or renew any expensive contracts. We could be stuck in this league for a long, long time yet.....well all the time RD is in charge.

Agree with everything you say except the division we will be in if the rat is in charge for another season, only one way we will be going and it's not up.
  • We may make the whole season without any progress, end it with the same owner, and not even had the satisfaction of a protest or even lobbing the odd plastic pig. Dismal times.
  • Losses on Tuesday and at Pompey could virtually confirm we’ll be in league 1 next season, could push it through.
  • No, he won't.
  • edited April 2018
    We knew the club would not be the same
    Few people laughed, few people cried
    Most people were silent
    I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita
    Vishnu is trying to persuade the Duchebag that he should do his duty and sell the club
    And to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says
    "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
    I suppose we all thought that, one way or another
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Should the takeover fall through and RD remains next season does anyone think he may spend to get us up as this is the only way he’s going to get remotely close to what he wants

No. That ship sailed in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

Should the takeover fall through and RD remains next season does anyone think he may spend to get us up as this is the only way he’s going to get remotely close to what he wants

No chance.

But I appreciate your optimism.
  • Lots of suits in the director's box. Some accompanied by RM. Only rumour I heard was that RD is not selling until the division we are in is confirmed.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

No chance.

But I appreciate your optimism.
    Agree. He'd have to spend millions this moving his asking price up.

If he stays expect the club to be liquidated over time.
  • cafc-west said:

Lots of suits in the director's box. Some accompanied by RM. Only rumour I heard was that RD is not selling until the division we are in is confirmed.

And once its confirmed we are in Division 3 next season, I can see any potental buyers revising their offer downwards to reflect this. I fear we will go through the Summer and at least the start of next season with the old scrote still at the helm.

If Roland is still here over the summer I really don't think we'll be stuck in this league much longer...!
  • Taxi_Lad said:

No. That ship sailed in January.
    Actually that ship never docked in the summer.
  • Losses on Tuesday and at Pompey could virtually confirm we’ll be in league 1 next season, could push it through.

More like it will give us the impetus & the will to protest again at the game against Blackburn. We will have a week to organise it & the EFL can go fuck themselves if it means an abandoment of the game as I for one will be up for a pitch invasion & a sit down protest.
    Don't need to wait until Tuesday - after yesterday's rubbish there is no doubt which division we will be playing in next season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bumped - was about to drop off page one, not having that.
  • Wow, I nearly forgot to visit this thread today. Meanwhile here we are on 668 - the neighbour of the beast.
  • No idea if this is accurate or true but I’m posting what I’ve heard. In fact I hope it’s not.

Saudi’s have left negotiations and Australians have failed to agree a price or terms on how that might be paid.

Duchatelet wants £40 million plus add ons for on the pitch success’s and in future player sales and sell ons for five years after sale. This could conceivably take the figure over £50 - 55 million.

That I’m told is the impasse which to me at least sounds plausible and completely ridiculous. If there is truth in this and I hope some of the truly in the know blow this out of the water then we are fucked.
  • I think we are, who is going to do business with this man, no light at the end of the tunnel not even a glimmer.
  • No idea if this is accurate or true but I’m posting what I’ve heard. In fact I hope it’s not.

Saudi’s have left negotiations and Australians have failed to agree a price or terms on how that might be paid.

Duchatelet wants £40 million plus add ons for on the pitch success’s and in future player sales and sell ons for five years after sale. This could conceivably take the figure over £50 - 55 million.

That I’m told is the impasse which to me at least sounds plausible and completely ridiculous. If there is truth in this and I hope some of the truly in the know blow this out of the water then we are fucked.

This would certainly be in line with the terms he imposed when leaving STVV for the first time (although evidence suggests he never really left), and Standard, so it sounds very plausible.

• I know this is Roland we're talking about and normal rules don't apply, but even he must realise that new owners will want to be in place in time to make a difference next season. It will also hopefully be dawning on him that the club is worth a lot less than he thinks, though I'm less optimistic on that one.
  • Absolute loon!

How can he expect to receive payments for up to 5 years for 'on pitch success'??? As soon as he signs the club over to new owners he relinquishes all rights on that front!

I fear we are going to be tied to the bank of Staprix for some time!!! RIP Charlton!
  • When are the elections in St Truiden again?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!