Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited April 2018

James can I have may 9th (thought I'd already got it to be honest)?

@ken_shabby If you can find your original post on the Prediction thread, quote it and I'll add you :-)
  • Page 666 is slipping away fast.
  • I really thought this was the week.
    But @Henry Irving went for May 8th some time ago. Maybe he knows more than he's saying ;-)
  • JamesSeed said:

I really thought this was the week.
    But @Henry Irving went for May 8th some time ago. Maybe he knows more than he's saying ;-)

First time for everythIng.
    You love him really.
  • Next Friday is the day... Roland gonna roll up a fat one and agree to sell for 42.0m.
  • cfgs said:

No fee agreed !

You need to find new ways of telling us the sad truth, no fee agreed is fast becoming stale.
    Purchasing price still yet to be reached
    You know that nice Mr Murray has already told us that isn’t true.
    That Mr Liar has said many things none been true since 2004 imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Beardface said:

Page 666

And if the takeover couldn't be more doomed - we reached page 666 on Friday 13th...
    At 13.45
  • Will the trust give Murray another easy ride at the next meet?
    Clearly talking out of his backside.
  • Will the trust give Murray another easy ride at the next meet?

No point in asking Richard as he can only tell us what Rolly wants him to say. The demand should be for Rolly to make a statement.
  • The tweet from David White has got me thinking its going to take abit longer to get this over the line.

Many things written on this site over last 12hours have fallen into place for me now.

Never easy being a Charlton fan but Always interesting.

This is going to run into April.

April might be significant in another way. I just picked an early page number from this thread at random (it was P16 in the end). That page was mostly full of Aussie takeover rumours and comment. It was dated Ap

Swisdom said:

How about the big announcement before tomorrows game, its upbeats day, season tickets on sale, big game against Scunthorpe......all the ingredients for an announcement from the new owners??? Or perhaps that's just me being silly..............again!!

According to the email I got from CACT there are refreshments before the Upbeats walk

"Pastries and Red Bull are available to all walkers"*

*this is a lie
    Danish interest?
    oh no, if it's Belgian Buns, then the take-over is off...!
  • Redrobo said:

Will the trust give Murray another easy ride at the next meet?

No point in asking Richard as he can only tell us what Rolly wants him to say. The demand should be for Rolly to make a statement.
    More chance of knitting fog. When was the last time he made any kind of meaningful statement about Charlton? As I and several others have said before, unlike us poor saps, I doubt he spares two minutes per week thinking about 'de cloob' - it's all in the hands of his lawyers. He will sell when he's ready and not before. We just have to sit back and remain patient - and of course fill these pages with endless speculation, it's what we do!
  • Beardface said:

Page 666

And if the takeover couldn't be more doomed - we reached page 666 on Friday 13th...
    I'll have you know 13 is my lucky number and I once owned a car with 666 in the number plate (true).

Unfortunately the car was always going wrong had to sell it on in the end cost me a fortune.

Hmm maybe there is more to this 666 scenario.
  • stonemuse said:

I know I am right the AFC thing was off the table in its entirety before the new interest

The new interest was only that it was an interested person or persons not a consortium looking at the viability of purchasing cafc including the valley

Then things should’ve gone on to progress under the guise of best business practices in silence

No more needed to be looked in to by us the fans or divulged by those involved either on the very outskirts of the deal or those smack in the middle

It’s not helpful giving people a false hopes especially when you consider the emotional way in which people rightly view RD and his plebs

Also it gives out the false message from those working on the potential interest

I also know that in every deal there’s a level of posturing and it’s done on both sides in this situation it is happening right now it got to the point I said a couple of weeks ago where you have to be prepared to walk away

So yes your right don’t give up all hope just yet as it’s all part of negotiation

But there has been a whole lot of shit posted on here and I can tell you 99% of it has been unintentional from the posters due to them being told bullshit but there is still a lot of bullshit being put out there

As the great cardigan once said WIOTOS is the time to dissect for now patience and backing away is the best option both emotionally and on here and in print

‘The great cardigan ‘

:smiley:
    RedChaser said:

British ex footballer. Paul Elliott??

Alex McLeish ?
    seth plum said:

Free programmes?

• addick05 said:

Redrobo said:

More chance of knitting fog. When was the last time he made any kind of meaningful statement about Charlton? As I and several others have said before, unlike us poor saps, I doubt he spares two minutes per week thinking about 'de cloob' - it's all in the hands of his lawyers. He will sell when he's ready and not before. We just have to sit back and remain patient - and of course fill these pages with endless speculation, it's what we do!
    But protests were stopped on the words of Murray allegedly.
  • Beardface said:

Page 666

I'll have you know 13 is my lucky number and I once owned a car with 666 in the number plate (true).

Unfortunately the car was always going wrong had to sell it on in the end cost me a fortune.

• Beardface said:

Page 666

I hope you called it 'The Beast'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Half a dozen Spaniards in crossbars taking pictures of the ground, I asked if they were buying the club and the bemused look I received tells me not!!!!
  • Just sell the club ffs
  • addick05 said:

Redrobo said:

But protests were stopped on the words of Murray allegedly.
    Not true. The Jan 20th protest was called to demand Murray spoke to fans and called off when he agreed to do so.

The Easter Monday protest was called off because the change of management removed the consensus among fans that it was the right thing to do.
  • edited April 2018

Roland is a tight, mad old bstard and is wanting more - through add ons etc... than they are willing to pay.

I think you have 100% nailed the issue... now what we were back in top 6 (or sniffing around it) he wants add ons. If that is what is causing the holdup, I am quite happy losing all our remaining matches this season 3-0 each so that issue is removed from the table. Hope for Roland is depression for fans.
  • This is not going to end well.
  • Stig said:

Beardface said:

Page 666

I hope you called it 'The Beast'.
    I can tell you I called it worst than that, especially when the prop shaft shattered. It was a Lotus Elan SE S4 back in 71.
  • Anyone heard anything today ?
  • Nope. The signs aren't good. Even @Redhenry has gone underground.
  • J BLOCK said:

Anyone heard anything today ?

Same as previous.

Still the Aussies out in front and may be, but not in any way guaranteed, before the end of the season.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!