Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• There are people with credibility

Roland wont be able to relate to them...
  • Thanks RH and Airman - slightly more positive news to cling onto.
  • All quiet depressing really,having the best Community Trust in the country and whilst watching the upbeats on the pitch on Saturday, to have an owner who just isn’t interested and is so reclusive back in Belgium is soul destroying. It appears Roland’s quiet unbelievable price tag with add on’s just shows how out of touch and delusional the man really is. Please let the end game be soon.
  • Curb_It said:

The optimists among us might see this as the end game.

The pessimists as the end of days.

Both may be right.

The Aussies have been around, according to rumours, from before October 2017. Earlier if you believe they are the same group or an off-shoot of, as the AFC group that kicked off this thread over a year ago.

So the Aussies have been around for a long time and they haven't walked away. According to SHG they just won't pay Duchatelet's silly terms.

If the Saudis have walked (and the British group don't actually exist - "fake news" alert) the the President can hang around for another summer or longer in the vain hope of finding a mug punter or he can do the deal the Aussies thought they had done back in February.

Aussies on or around 8 May, which we all know is Victory in Europe Day, is my guess.

LLL&BH

They aren't the original Aussies though from what I can gather, as you may know, a friend told me last week he spoke to one of the guys in the original bid and he walked away after due diligence. This must be a second Aussie group which includes Muir.

That's what I heard too but who knows @Curb_It , certainly not me.
  • There are people with credibility who still think it may be done before the 4000 holes in Blackburn Lancashire have been counted.

Airman loves to turr rrr-rrrn you-uuu onnnn
  • There are people with credibility who still think it may be done before Blackburn.

Therefore the Blackburn game needs to be either a mass demonstration or mass celebration.
    That will require mass debating.
    Otto can organise that one then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Andy Delort is interested in buying us now. Heard it from someone on Charlton Life.
  • There are people with credibility who still think it may be done before Blackburn.

Therefore the Blackburn game needs to be either a mass demonstration or mass celebration.
    Or mass debate - get your socks at the ready! ;)

Edit. Beaten to it. Someone give me a sympathy lol?
    No.
  • Andy Delort is interested in buying us now. Heard it from someone on Charlton Life.

His dad?
  • don't even know why I still click on this thread, just habit I think...

Neither do I. It's in hope that it will happen. Wish the season was over.
  • Croydon said:

There are people with credibility who still think it may be done before Blackburn.

Or mass debate - get your socks at the ready! ;)

Edit. Beaten to it. Someone give me a sympathy lol?
    No.
    Rude.
  • edited April 2018
    sorry AKABart , "optimists" following this club ??? good effort if there are any left
  • when i read in "Drinking During The Game "blog that its owner may be knocking the whole thing on the head (and knowing him) then its a sad sad state we are in--- i cant even think of an argument to counter his logic/feeling. Of course i hope he changes his mind and we again meet up at some god forsaken arm pit of northern parts discussing when we were warriors , but unless RD goes i just cant see anything but disintegration.

• Sponsored links:

That will require mass debating.
    Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYk44n7M3hQ

I can see this being the case if we are 100% out of the playoff race and gteed league one football next year

... done before Blackburn do what exactly?

can we have a button/link/whateveritscalled thingy like the Quote, Like thingys for 'hollow laugh while tearing out remaining hair?'
  • Surely we need this confirmed by the resident expert....
  • No idea if this is accurate or true but I’m posting what I’ve heard. In fact I hope it’s not.

Saudi’s have left negotiations and Australians have failed to agree a price or terms on how that might be paid.

Duchatelet wants £40 million plus add ons for on the pitch success’s and in future player sales and sell ons for five years after sale. This could conceivably take the figure over £50 - 55 million.

That I’m told is the impasse which to me at least sounds plausible and completely ridiculous. If there is truth in this and I hope some of the truly in the know blow this out of the water then we are fucked.

If @Airman Brown & @Redhenry 's posts are anything to go by I'd say your info is wide of the mark. Is your "source" ITK or just some sap who likes to yank your chain ???

However, if by the Blackburn game we know that this is true & we are going to be stuck with RD next season I'd support a BIG protest. Not just throwing pigs or taxis but a pitch invasion / sit down so that the game is called off (and not re-started 2 hours later ala Orient). If under FFP rules you've got to have a Finance Officer then the EFL will have to act. I'm all for making them squirm & getting media coverage. There is no way an owner who has shown no interest in the club can "ask" for any ongoing payments, especially if they relate to onfield success after he has left. Its a bit like selling your house (yes, that analogy again) & asking the new owners to give you 10% of the revaluation price 5 years down the line once they have built an extension & completely renovated the property.
    The frustrating thing (well one of the frustrating things) is how secretive the process has been. Has there been a football takeover in which so little has actually been revealed, either by the selling party or even the potential buyers.

Nothing we know (about the buyers or price etc) is confirmed by the actual parties, but rather from "informed sources", who inevitable will contradict each other at times as nobody will have all the facts. I'm really confused why none of the buying parties have revealed their interest publicly, which is what happens with nearly all such takeovers.
  • @nth london addick @DOUCHER Have you got anything to add to @Redhenry and @Airman Brown 's respective news updates?
  • edited April 2018

No idea if this is accurate or true but I’m posting what I’ve heard. In fact I hope it’s not.

Saudi’s have left negotiations and Australians have failed to agree a price or terms on how that might be paid.

Duchatelet wants £40 million plus add ons for on the pitch success’s and in future player sales and sell ons for five years after sale. This could conceivably take the figure over £50 - 55 million.

That I’m told is the impasse which to me at least sounds plausible and completely ridiculous. If there is truth in this and I hope some of the truly in the know blow this out of the water then we are fucked.

If @Airman Brown & @Redhenry 's posts are anything to go by I'd say your info is wide of the mark. Is your "source" ITK or just some sap who likes to yank your chain ???

However, if by the Blackburn game we know that this is true & we are going to be stuck with RD next season I'd support a BIG protest. Not just throwing pigs or taxis but a pitch invasion / sit down so that the game is called off (and not re-started 2 hours later ala Orient). If under FFP rules you've got to have a Finance Officer then the EFL will have to act. I'm all for making them squirm & getting media coverage. There is no way an owner who has shown no interest in the club can "ask" for any ongoing payments, especially if they relate to onfield success after he has left. Its a bit like selling your house (yes, that analogy again) & asking the new owners to give you 10% of the revaluation price 5 years down the line once they have built an extension & completely renovated the property.
    The frustrating thing (well one of the frustrating things) is how secretive the process has been. Has there been a football takeover in which so little has actually been revealed, either by the selling party or even the potential buyers.

Nothing we know (about the buyers or price etc) is confirmed by the actual parties, but rather from "informed sources", who inevitable will contradict each other at times as nobody will have all the facts. I'm really confused why none of the buying parties have revealed their interest publicly, which is what happens with nearly all such takeovers.
    Most likely explanation is that this is a condition of RD talking to them in the first place.

He appears to be obsessed with secrecy. The following story must go down as one of the silliest ever published by the club. Not a single trading figure included - even though the whole point of publishing accounts is that these have to be disclosed. It really is news for children.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ac4a201ed32d/charlton-athletic-accounts-filed-for-year-ending-june-2017
  • Redhenry said:

I am not saying this is wrong but i haven't heard anything about the Saudis walking

There are people with credibility who still think it may be done before Blackburn.

I think you two have got the idea now... Be as vague as you can and you can't be wrong.

Either way I enjoy these updates.
  • Fumbluff said:

Surely we need this confirmed by the resident expert....

Why? This is basically what he has been saying all along
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!