Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

The optimists among us might see this as the end game.

The pessimists as the end of days.

Both may be right.

The Aussies have been around, according to rumours, from before October 2017. Earlier if you believe they are the same group or an off-shoot of, as the AFC group that kicked off this thread over a year ago.

So the Aussies have been around for a long time and they haven't walked away. According to SHG they just won't pay Duchatelet's silly terms.

If the Saudis have walked (and the British group don't actually exist - "fake news" alert) the the President can hang around for another summer or longer in the vain hope of finding a mug punter or he can do the deal the Aussies thought they had done back in February.

Aussies on or around 8 May, which we all know is Victory in Europe Day, is my guess.

LLL&BH

Along with promotion at Rochdale.

:)
  • Options

Pedro45 said:

Without igniting inter-site warfare what is the stance on SE7 Valiantly and elsewhere about Duchatelet now?

Facebook seems to have a sizable anti CARD minority but the same people are anti- Duchatelet.

Fb really is the pits though, with lots of "my dick is bigger than yours" all the time... Most of them are just jealous of Airman Brown.
    why cos he's got the biggest?
    because it has a matching combover :wink:
  • Options

The optimists among us might see this as the end game.

The pessimists as the end of days.

Both may be right.

The Aussies have been around, according to rumours, from before October 2017. Earlier if you believe they are the same group or an off-shoot of, as the AFC group that kicked off this thread over a year ago.

So the Aussies have been around for a long time and they haven't walked away. According to SHG they just won't pay Duchatelet's silly terms.

If the Saudis have walked (and the British group don't actually exist - "fake news" alert) the the President can hang around for another summer or longer in the vain hope of finding a mug punter or he can do the deal the Aussies thought they had done back in February.

Aussies on or around 8 May, which we all know is Victory in Europe Day, is my guess.

LLL&BH

Along with promotion at Rochdale.

:)
    I was derided by some for being so negative when saying that as surely we'd be promoted long before then, some said.

Even my down graded play-offs at Rochdale looks doubtful now.

• Options

See the manana on the thread title and pissed meself, then I see page 8333

You're welcome.
  • Options
    Jints said:

All I want is to be able to support my football team again.

It's that too fucking much to ask?

Go for it!
  • Options

Without igniting inter-site warfare what is the stance on SE7 Valiantly and elsewhere about Duchatelet now?

Facebook seems to have a sizable anti CARD minority but the same people are anti- Duchatelet.

I've been much less active on SE7 Valiants due to getting a promotion and having to actually do some work of late. The view does seem to have turned a little of late. Most people just want rid of him - some will still see no wrong in him (tried debating about the accounts but they did the old fingers in ears and sing lalalalala trick) but say if he's going it should be soon.

They still criticise CARD/Rick/protesters/any takeover rumour but that's just the standard approach of some strange bitter and twisted people.
  • Options
    I honestly hadn't considered that the downturn in the last 3 performances could be attributed to the players' concerns about their immediate futures.

In my ignorance, I had assumed that they would be able to switch off once they entered the field of play but of course, most have families & all have relatively few years in the game, and that's if they stay injury free on the whole.

You make some very valid points , dear friend , that make me wonder whether a significant protest at the Blackburn match would have their approval if the old Rat is still hanging around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Even the stubborn old Belgian must understand by now that no-one will pay anything like what he wants to reimburse him for the self-generated losses which, of course, merrily continue at £1 million a month. His advisers must surely have made it very clear what the going rate is for football clubs, and there is certainly no shortage of clubs for sale.

Of course he wants to control the negotiations. That's in his nature. But - this is most definitely a buyers' market. If two parties who've shown prolonged interest have now both reached the close of play then indeed the writing is on the wall. In any case RD knows he's going to face public humiliation when he is eventually forced to sell at far below his total costs, but he simply has no choice.

His refusal so far to accept the obvious has created such a climate of uncertainty that the team's performances have become highly erratic as the end of the season approaches. The players' agents are no fools. They and their clients do not want to be tied to a sinking ship. How many careers - players and coaches - have already been blighted by association with this regime?

All due diligence having long since been completed, it is just a matter of price, terms and conditions, as in fact it has always been. Sooner rather than later RD will make a snap decision to get a deal, any deal, done and out of the blue there will come an announcement ....

If the unthinkable happens and RD remains in charge indefinitely then at least the value of the club will no longer be an issue. It will be £1.

With us in the Isthmian League.
  • Options

Even the stubborn old Belgian must understand by now that no-one will pay anything like what he wants to reimburse him for the self-generated losses which, of course, merrily continue at £1 million a month. His advisers must surely have made it very clear what the going rate is for football clubs, and there is certainly no shortage of clubs for sale.

Of course he wants to control the negotiations. That's in his nature. But - this is most definitely a buyers' market. If two parties who've shown prolonged interest have now both reached the close of play then indeed the writing is on the wall. In any case RD knows he's going to face public humiliation when he is eventually forced to sell at far below his total costs, but he simply has no choice.

His refusal so far to accept the obvious has created such a climate of uncertainty that the team's performances have become highly erratic as the end of the season approaches. The players' agents are no fools. They and their clients do not want to be tied to a sinking ship. How many careers - players and coaches - have already been blighted by association with this regime?

All due diligence having long since been completed, it is just a matter of price, terms and conditions, as in fact it has always been. Sooner rather than later RD will make a snap decision to get a deal, any deal, done and out of the blue there will come an announcement ....

If the unthinkable happens and RD remains in charge indefinitely then at least the value of the club will no longer be an issue. It will be £1.

Is that right PD if things are that bad why you not down the ground protesting instead of lands end on a Saturday.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Sorry GHF, but it won't.
    There's some valuable freehold for starters.
    The club would only be given away in an administration scenario.
    We're not going into administration, as RD would have to write off his own loans.
  • Options

No idea if this is accurate or true but I’m posting what I’ve heard. In fact I hope it’s not.

Saudi’s have left negotiations and Australians have failed to agree a price or terms on how that might be paid.

Duchatelet wants £40 million plus add ons for on the pitch success’s and in future player sales and sell ons for five years after sale. This could conceivably take the figure over £50 - 55 million.

That I’m told is the impasse which to me at least sounds plausible and completely ridiculous. If there is truth in this and I hope some of the truly in the know blow this out of the water then we are fucked.

If @Airman Brown & @Redhenry 's posts are anything to go by I'd say your info is wide of the mark. Is your "source" ITK or just some sap who likes to yank your chain ???

However, if by the Blackburn game we know that this is true & we are going to be stuck with RD next season I'd support a BIG protest. Not just throwing pigs or taxis but a pitch invasion / sit down so that the game is called off (and not re-started 2 hours later ala Orient). If under FFP rules you've got to have a Finance Officer then the EFL will have to act. I'm all for making them squirm & getting media coverage. There is no way an owner who has shown no interest in the club can "ask" for any ongoing payments, especially if they relate to onfield success after he has left. Its a bit like selling your house (yes, that analogy again) & asking the new owners to give you 10% of the revaluation price 5 years down the line once they have built an extension & completely renovated the property.
    If he’s still in control come the Blackburn game and we’re out of the playoff race - the best thing would be for no one to attend. Not a single bum on a home seat!
    Now you are talking but sadly wont happen.
  • Options

Sure there are some useful assets, some of them wearing boots. Against that there are daunting liabilities. RD has painted himself into a corner. In due course his only recourse will be to a fire sale, just to get out from under. His last best chance is now, and the prospective buyers know it.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Fb really is the pits though, with lots of "my dick is bigger than yours" all the time... Most of them are just jealous of Airman Brown.
    Why? Is he hung?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Is that right PD if things are that bad why you not down the ground protesting instead of lands end on a Saturday.
    He'd look stupid protesting on his own
  • Options

Sure there are some useful assets, some of them wearing boots. Against that there are daunting liabilities. RD has painted himself into a corner. In due course his only recourse will be to a fire sale, just to get out from under. His last best chance is now, and the prospective buyers know it.

I'll agree to disagree. The value could fall, but he will never need to sell for £1, because it wouldn't be a distressed sale.
    He could own us until he dies, without troubling his finances (although he may have to cash in some of his £1Billion in other assets).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Protesting by not attending.

Royston v Biggleswade this Saturday, not Lands End.
  • Options

clb74 said:

He'd look stupid protesting on his own
    No comment
  • Options

I honestly hadn't considered that the downturn in the last 3 performances could be attributed to the players' concerns about their immediate futures.

In my ignorance, I had assumed that they would be able to switch off once they entered the field of play but of course, most have families & all have relatively few years in the game, and that's if they stay injury free on the whole.

You make some very valid points , dear friend , that make me wonder whether a significant protest at the Blackburn match would have their approval if the old Rat is still hanging around.

I think it's the same with every job. When there is uncertainty in the workplace, you try to go about your tasks professionally and put things to the back of your mind, but often you don't realise how much things affect you, and how your work is suffering until after the event. You try to work hard, but when you are suffering from stress, your performance is compromised, though it's not always apparent to yourself at the time.
  • Options
    I dont buy the uncertainty thing, it would equally have applied to the first 3 matches, this is about personnel, quality in the squad, confidence, and a new manager
  • Options

This doesn't wash with me. If you were uncertain about your future it should be all the more reason to knuckle down and impress prospective employers. If it isn't you don't deserve anything. The downtown IMO can be better explained by the fact that we have an imbalanced squad thanks to Duchatelet and if you try to beat us we can give you a game, but if you try to stop us we haven't got enough players who can hurt you and we are always good for the odd defensive lapse!
  • Options
    In that case we have a chance still with the four remaining games against teams who’ll try to win
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

In that case we have a chance still with the four remaining games against teams who’ll try to win

Yep that worked a treat v Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    Lose tonight and I think we can finally kiss goodbye to our chance of going up via the playoffs (which I've always felt was highly unlikely anyway).

Presumably for our next home game CARD are planning a massive protest on par with what we saw last season? A complete boycott would be even more effective imho but I just can't see it happening.

Another protest in Belgium wouldn't go amiss either. We really need to ramp up the pressure on the old scrot now!
  • Options

This doesn't wash with me. If you were uncertain about your future it should be all the more reason to knuckle down and impress prospective employers. If it isn't you don't deserve anything. The downtown IMO can be better explained by the fact that we have an imbalanced squad thanks to Duchatelet and if you try to beat us we can give you a game, but if you try to stop us we haven't got enough players who can hurt you and we are always good for the odd defensive lapse!
    Agreed, it's not like working for a struggling coal mine where if it shuts down the whole area is on the scrap heap.

Players will want promotion whether we are sold not not, and on a personal level they'll all want to get to Wembley - how many have ever played there before. Those who want to leave will want to impress any watching scouts, while those on loan will also want to impress scouts and indeed scouts from their parent club, there to see how they're performing.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!