Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

No idea if this is accurate or true but I’m posting what I’ve heard. In fact I hope it’s not.

Saudi’s have left negotiations and Australians have failed to agree a price or terms on how that might be paid.

Duchatelet wants £40 million plus add ons for on the pitch success’s and in future player sales and sell ons for five years after sale. This could conceivably take the figure over £50 - 55 million.

That I’m told is the impasse which to me at least sounds plausible and completely ridiculous. If there is truth in this and I hope some of the truly in the know blow this out of the water then we are fucked.

If @Airman Brown & @Redhenry 's posts are anything to go by I'd say your info is wide of the mark. Is your "source" ITK or just some sap who likes to yank your chain ???

However, if by the Blackburn game we know that this is true & we are going to be stuck with RD next season I'd support a BIG protest. Not just throwing pigs or taxis but a pitch invasion / sit down so that the game is called off (and not re-started 2 hours later ala Orient). If under FFP rules you've got to have a Finance Officer then the EFL will have to act. I'm all for making them squirm & getting media coverage. There is no way an owner who has shown no interest in the club can "ask" for any ongoing payments, especially if they relate to onfield success after he has left. Its a bit like selling your house (yes, that analogy again) & asking the new owners to give you 10% of the revaluation price 5 years down the line once they have built an extension & completely renovated the property.
    If he’s still in control come the Blackburn game and we’re out of the playoff race - the best thing would be for no one to attend. Not a single bum on a home seat!
    Agree, but you know it won't happen.

• Options

Pedro45 said:

Without igniting inter-site warfare what is the stance on SE7 Valiantly and elsewhere about Duchatelet now?

Facebook seems to have a sizable anti CARD minority but the same people are anti- Duchatelet.

Fb really is the pits though, with lots of "my dick is bigger than yours" all the time... Most of them are just jealous of Airman Brown.
    why? has he got a massive cock?
    Theres a few people on here that'll know the answer to that.
    Fanny?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    WSS said:

dickplumb said:

Changing the subject.

The whole club from top to bottom including the fan base is in disarray and at pretty much an all time low with one notable exception.

Why we should expect the players to perform outside of the general malaise I don’t know.

Because they are professionals and are paid good sums of money. When I used to play non league football for no money, I always gave 100 per cent, no matter what the circumstances were. I had pride in my own performance.

I've never 100% understood this and I also think it's very unrealistic.

Whether we like it or not, for many footballers - playing football is just a job. Can we honestly say that that all of us give 100% in our jobs all of the time? Maybe it's because they are doing something that we would all love to do (and the salaries) that our mindset changes slightly.

They are still human, they are still affected by family situations, relationship challenges, media intrusion and a very public assessment of their performance - we can't expect 100% effort all of the time.

#anothertangent
    Players are human, but the takeover delay really shouldn't make that much difference to them. Especially this season when there have been no protests AND the players have been well supported (in terms of singing) home and away. Our crowds may be down, but they're still the fourth highest in the division, and higher than Wigan's for example. The majority of the players won't be that bothered at the moment that we have no CEO or Finance Director either.

For fans, the club is for life. For most players, it's a job.
  • Options
    Also, they may be professional footballers who are highly trained but so are the opposing teams. Any slight difference in temperament can make a difference in performance levels
  • Options
    edited April 2018

WSS said:

dickplumb said:

Changing the subject.

The whole club from top to bottom including the fan base is in disarray and at pretty much an all time low with one notable exception.

Why we should expect the players to perform outside of the general malaise I don’t know.

Because they are professionals and are paid good sums of money. When I used to play non league football for no money, I always gave 100 per cent, no matter what the circumstances were. I had pride in my own performance.

Whether we like it or not, for many footballers - playing football is just a job. Can we honestly say that that all of us give 100% in our jobs all of the time? Maybe it's because they are doing something that we would all love to do (and the salaries) that our mindset changes slightly.

They are still human, they are still affected by family situations, relationship challenges, media intrusion and a very public assessment of their performance - we can't expect 100% effort all of the time.

#anothertangent
    Players are human, but the takeover delay really shouldn't make that much difference to them. Especially this season when there have been no protests AND the players have been well supported (in terms of singing) home and away. Our crowds may be down, but they're still the fourth highest in the division, and higher than Wigan's for example. The majority of the players won't be that bothered at the moment that we have no CEO or Finance Director either.

The issue for them is the future, and for those in and out of contract they will want to know if the club has ambition, who the manager will be, who they'll be playing with, etc. I wouldn't blame any of them if their attention is beyond Charlton, just as it would be for any of us if our companies were undergoing am uncertain takeover.

The difference to the players between another season of RD's apathy and one with new owners impatiently looking to get up through the divisions is immeasurable, I'd have thought.

And right now, who do they go to at the club to discuss the details of their concerns? The pie man?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

dickplumb said:

Changing the subject.

#anothertangent
    I'm expecting 100% effort and concentration for a couple of hours a week, while they are in front of their public - I dare say there is downtime during working hours on non-match days, and do not begrudge them that provided they do the necessary training.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

WSS said:

dickplumb said:

Changing the subject.

#anothertangent

The issue for them is the future, and for those in and out of contract they will want to know if the club has ambition, who the manager will be, who they'll be playing with, etc. I wouldn't blame any of them if their attention is beyond Charlton, just as it would be for any of us if our companies were undergoing am uncertain takeover.

The difference to the players between another season of RD's apathy and one with new owners impatiently looking to get up through the divisions is immeasurable, I'd have thought.

And right now, who do they go to at the club to discuss the details of their concerns? The pie man?
    Players these days in lower division clubs have short contracts, they're used to changes of clubs, of managers being sacked etc

The difference between players and us, is that they have scouts watching them. I could be great at my job, but rival companies wouldn't know. Play well for us on Saturday, a watching scout for another club might make a bid

Newcastle have been in limbo all season, with a hated owner and a takeover breaking down, but Rafa has still got them giving 100%.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

I replied to Jason Pearce’s tweet the other day about “we go again “ guff
    Told him that if I performed as inconsistently in my job as our squad, I wouldn’t be in it very long, yes, none of us give 100% every day, but their levels are off the scale at times

Fan in comparing his job to that of a professional footballers shock.
  • Options

rikofold said:

WSS said:

dickplumb said:

Changing the subject.

#anothertangent

Players these days in lower division clubs have short contracts, they're used to changes of clubs, of managers being sacked etc

The difference between players and us, is that they have scouts watching them. I could be great at my job, but rival companies wouldn't know. Play well for us on Saturday, a watching scout for another club might make a bid

Newcastle have been in limbo all season, with a hated owner and a takeover breaking down, but Rafa has still got them giving 100%.
    They have the motivation of playing and staying in the Premier League. Not quite the same as being lied to season after season as to the ambition of a league one club.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Told him that if I performed as inconsistently in my job as our squad, I wouldn’t be in it very long, yes, none of us give 100% every day, but their levels are off the scale at times

I work harder
  • Options
    DA9 said:

DA9 said:

I work harder
    How do you quantify that?
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2018
    rikofold said:

rikofold said:

WSS said:

dickplumb said:

Changing the subject.

#anothertangent

They have the motivation of playing and staying in the Premier League. Not quite the same as being lied to season after season as to the ambition of a league one club.

Surely the only lie about ambition that would affect a player is the signing of other better players to achieve promotion, we can all argue that point, but, as you are paid by the club and are a professional you should perform regardless, I may think others in my
    Company are worse than me, but it doesn’t stop me performing my job well and having personal professional standards c

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

I work harder
    By knowing my own efforts and personal standards each week and then watching our first team, and I reckon over the season I put in more effort in my job than some of our squad do in theirs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018

DA9 said:

DA9 said:

I work harder
    Most of those employed on a full time basis in this country do anywhere between 30-40 hours a week.
    Footballers do a few hours on the training pitch each day and then 90 minutes on a Saturday.

You do the math.
  • Options
    I always gave 100 per cent at work as well.
  • Options
    Average
    dickplumb said:

I always gave 100 per cent at work as well.

Do you work full time Dick?
  • Options
    I retired when I was 55. I worked in the City most of my life. The Company went into Administration when I was 53 and I was paid by the Administrator and the Company to help sort out their affairs. I always gave 100 per cent though.
  • Options
    WSS said:

I'm glad I distracted everyone from the fact that there is no imminent takeover.

Yeah well done, I was just about to put up a picture of a train. It's going to be a long Summer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!