Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Question..for Airman Brown

If you buy a season ticket on April 12th or before club is sold ,Who gets the money.

If you buy a season ticket on April 12th or before club is sold ,Who gets the money.

The club.
  • edited April 2018

Question..for Airman Brown

Depends when it’s sold, I guess. I think it will show in the books as a liability as well as income because it’s effectively a loan until the games are played, but in cash terms it would get spent.
  • SDAddick said:

I can't imagine the level of nerdiness it would take two introduce two people IRL and say "you should start an internet group together."

Similar levels of nerdiness my better half sees when I say "oh that's {insert username here} from Charlton Life".

Or "I'm just on Charlton Life" every time she asks what i'm doing on my phone.
  • So season tickets go on sale in approx 16.5 hours time (assuming its a 9 am start at The Valley offices), I would now be amazed if between now (16:30 on 11th) if we hear the club has been sold! Its not difficult to work out that the current ownership will get the money, but as @Airman Brown states, it is effectively a loan until the new season starts and games are played. Any announcement, I believe, will have to come tonight or before they go on sale tomorrow. My guess is also that new owners may get a 'bounce' if they are selling the tickets as against our incumbent owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Takeover when?.
  • kafka said:

DO NOT BUY. WAIT TIL HE’S GONE.

This, this, this, this, this.

• Are we going to get a statement from CARD?
    Would be good to remind people what they can/should do
  • sammy391 said:

Are we going to get a statement from CARD?

I would hope people don't buy, but it is up to everyone to decide for themselves and CARD saying anything will irritate some.
  • cfgs said:

sammy391 said:

I would hope people don't buy, but it is up to everyone to decide for themselves and CARD saying anything will irritate some.
    Obviously understand that, but I think a little reminder that a takeover is “happening” and that people should wait until he goes would go down well in my books
  • kafka said:

DO NOT BUY. WAIT TIL HE’S GONE.

Tell you what.
    If the boycotters return for the last 2 games i will put off buying a season ticket.
    Note
    This is not a dig at the boycotters its thier choice to do as they wish
  • cfgs said:

sammy391 said:

Too right there will be no protests at the ground for the rest of the season and if rolands still here at the start of next season there will be no protests at the start.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
  • sammy391 said:

cfgs said:

sammy391 said:

Obviously understand that, but I think a little reminder that a takeover is “happening” and that people should wait until he goes would go down well in my books
    But is it? Sounds to me like we have a willing seller and interested parties, yet no deal is anywhere near being agreed.
  • cfgs said:

sammy391 said:

cfgs said:

sammy391 said:

But is it? Sounds to me like we have a willing seller and interested parties, yet no deal is anywhere near being agreed.
    Hence the ‘happening’ Part- which would encourage people to wait regardless
  • I agree, there will be no protests at the ground thia season but should he still be here next August?

If that were the sorry case I am pretty certain the gloves would be off and protests would return in the vicinity of the stadium.
  • There is no urgency to renew your season ticket. They can't even say there is an early bird price as surely the takeover has an effect on that.

I will renew but not until it's time and hopefully when I do it'll be under new ownership.

The club, and if it is sold before the next season starts, the purchase price will presumably be adjusted to take this into account, as this is next season's money. Indeed even if it was sold during next season, some of the money would still belong to games not played yet and thus the new owners.

While someone buying a coffee and replica shirt on Saturday would filter through directly into income for Roland (through our share of the outsourced merchandise and catering sales), ditto match day ticket sales for this season, season tickets are unlikely to unless the club isn't sold before next season
  • bellz2002 said:

There is no urgency to renew your season ticket. They can't even say there is an early bird price as surely the takeover has an effect on that.

I will renew but not until it's time and hopefully when I do it'll be under new ownership.

It will be really interesting what the season ticket prices are, and how long existing seats will be reserved for, especially as we don't know which division we will be in
  • bellz2002 said:

There is no urgency to renew your season ticket. They can't even say there is an early bird price as surely the takeover has an effect on that.

It will be really interesting what the season ticket prices are, and how long existing seats will be reserved for, especially as we don't know which division we will be in
    Exactly. I'd love it if the new owners made the ticket prices even cheaper regardless of division just as a way to build up our support and a wink to the thousands of pounds supporters wasted under Roland.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!