Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

I think Charlton fans are being lied to by Murray and Duchatelet. We are being played like a fiddle and I am sick of it. The two bids were supposed to be agreed months ago. Now we hear that no bids have been agreed. What the fuck is happening?

Murray has no medium or long-term interest in making statements that turn out not to be true. He would have been better off personally saying nothing at all. Duchatelet is just mad. Even if they were capable of crafting a conspiracy between them, it's hard to see Duchatelet would have expensive lawyers and accountants running around on the clock for months in order to deceive supporters.
    Thing is Rick, he has a huge fortune and the cost (which to us seem enormous) will be worth it if he can get £40-50 million. Let's be fair, while we poor slobs lie awake each night waiting for something to happen I doubt he does!

• Can imagine there is a lot of this in the inner workings of Charlton at the moment!
  • alangee said:

I assume that the £40M is the figure to be paid to RD, there is still the £7M to be paid to the ex-directors, which makes the asking price £47M. I know that the directors £7M can be deferred, but it has to be paid at some time.

Not absolutely true, for the same reason it hasn't been paid to date, although the ex-directors could get (more) difficult over leases to people like franchisees. It's also likely to be bought out for less than £7m, if paid before strictly necessary under the terms.
    If part of the consideration to be paid to RD will be performance based he is maybe likely to go with the wealthiest and hence with best chance of promotion. If he does this then if I was an ex-director I would probably not take a hair cut on my debt as I would also be thinking the new wealthy owner would aim for the PL and give me the whole lot.
  • I heard the £40m was made up, in part, of payments contingent on promotions to the championship and the premier league.

How that broke down or even if the £40m was correct I don't know but different parties where offering different deals or less upfront, more on promotions.

Hence Roland had to consider who would pay the most and also who was more likely to be able to achieve success and so pay him.

As ever beware time lag and deliberately false stories (not by cousin Red).

WIOTOS.

And that's not all
  • Redhenry said:

I heard the £40m was made up, in part, of payments contingent on promotions to the championship and the premier league.

How that broke down or even if the £40m was correct I don't know but different parties where offering different deals or less upfront, more on promotions.

Hence Roland had to consider who would pay the most and also who was more likely to be able to achieve success and so pay him.

WIOTOS.

And that's not all
    C-

Not up to your usual standard.
  • Redhenry said:

I heard the £40m was made up, in part, of payments contingent on promotions to the championship and the premier league.

WIOTOS.

And that's not all
    You can say that again, brother.
  • Well at least we're getting back to some actual rumors.
  • Please don't panic, I just meant it's more complicated than @Henry Irving summary
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Taxi_Lad said:

All the doom merchants saying he won’t sell til someone pays him £xxx needs to remember the club is losing (ergo RD) £1m a Month
    He will sell soon. He’s a lot of things but where money is concerned he ain’t daft

But he is not "losing" is he. I thought he was "loaning" the club the money it needs each month and then charging interest on top?
    But he can't keep bumping up the asking price to cover those losses... or he could but then no-one will buy.
    They don't look like they are breaking the doors down now to buy so who knows what RD is asking for.
    He has lowered it to 40 mill apparently. Still two left in slightly different bids. Neither been accepted as far as I know
    Is he running it as a Dutch auction, then?
  • Murray has made public statements which have turned out to be false. They are in VOTV. What is the difference between that and lying?
  • Since KR went and Bowyer took over, for the first time in years I’m enjoying watching us again and seriously don’t give a flying F**k about the Douchbag, he’s history, he’s gone, it’s just a matter of time!

And that feels good!

You are playing into RD’s hands as this is just what he wants to here. He is not history, he hasn’t gone, he still owns the club the same as he did when he walked through the door.

I can understand the excitement and missing fans returning because of Bowyer and the results. But don’t come crying if RD still owns the club next season and is still pissing everyone off.
    Playing into RDs hands?

"Hahaha foolish charlton fans, again

They have fallen for my genius idea to get Robinson out and replace him with bowyer...because I knew he would get results and the smoke screen once again allows me to continue with my evil deeds as creating more long term misery for charlton fans is my morning, my day and my night"

Even though my response to the quoted post was rather sarcastic.

I now 100 believe that protests in Belgium need to be done again and done bigger then ever before.

Roland out now!!!
  • Its a Mexican stand off

• Only 76 new posts so far today, which tells me we haven't been sold yet.

If the takeover had been completed, there'd be 2.5k new posts, CL would be in total meltdown and you wouldn't even be able to log on here.
    And Doucher would be a hero.

• Redhenry said:

Please don't panic, I just meant it's more complicated than @Henry Irving summary

Have to keep it simple for AFKA to cut and paste to the bite size thread
  • Murray has made public statements which have turned out to be false. They are in VOTV. What is the difference between that and lying?

I don't think either Murray or Airman have lied. A lot of what both of them have said would have what they believed. Problem is Murray has been receiving his info from a compulsive liar, and it's in Airmans interests to print everthing, even when there is an element of doubt involved.

I think people should try to concentrate on the team at the moment, this takeover has plenty of twists and turns left so I don't see the point in being impatient.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Charlton Fans in generalimage
    Charlton Fans from the other site...
    Charlton Life, Charlton Fans...

@Airman Brown @Redhenry

@nth london addick

@DOUCHER

AND Sorry for rinsing people's data...

@DOUCHER being likened to tommy wiseau is one of the most accurate comparisons on this thread
    I did not hit her, I did not... I DID NAAAT! :lol:
  • Redhenry said:

Please don't panic, I just meant it's more complicated than @Henry Irving summary

It always is but he means well.

• Dazzler21 said:

Charlton Fans in generalimage
    Charlton Fans from the other site...
    Charlton Life, Charlton Fans...

@Airman Brown @Redhenry

@nth london addick

@DOUCHER

AND Sorry for rinsing people's data...

@DOUCHER being likened to tommy wiseau is one of the most accurate comparisons on this thread
    Oh Hi Mark.
  • Redhenry said:

Taxi_Lad said:

All the doom merchants saying he won’t sell til someone pays him £xxx needs to remember the club is losing (ergo RD) £1m a Month
    He will sell soon. He’s a lot of things but where money is concerned he ain’t daft

But he is not "losing" is he. I thought he was "loaning" the club the money it needs each month and then charging interest on top?
    But he can't keep bumping up the asking price to cover those losses... or he could but then no-one will buy.
    They don't look like they are breaking the doors down now to buy so who knows what RD is asking for.
    He has lowered it to 40 mill apparently. Still two left in slightly different bids. Neither been accepted as far as I know
    That’s at least £15m over the top. I’d hope that it would at least include the £7m owed to former directors, NO additional, incremental payments to RD and a complete clean slate on his “friendly debt”. Anything other than that and someone is way out of kilter (no Scottish link there), with the business of buying football clubs.
  • barstool said:

Its a Mexican stand off

More like a Belgian Bugger-About
  • I’m afraid Murray reminds me of a combination of Sméagol and Tom Riddle as they appear later in the books with slightly alter ego.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!