Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• No way would I be buying a season ticket if RD stills owns us.

The day the new owner is holding a red and white scarf above his/her head at the Valley would be the day I buy.

(I'm not buying regardless since I moved out of the country...)

And i'm not paying for your plane tickets home :smile:
  • Still very wary. The OS continually adding links to every snip of media info on potential takeovers is very odd.
  • @Bournemouth Addick if my season ticket form turns up down there, throw it in the bin. You know what the Post office are like. ;)
  • Still very wary. The OS continually adding links to every snip of media info on potential takeovers is very odd.

It’s probably an automated system scanning for certain key words and adding the links - theres no way the comma team are hunting these snippets down and pasting the links!!
  • edited April 2018
    cafc-west said:

Still very wary. The OS continually adding links to every snip of media info on potential takeovers is very odd.

It’s probably an automated system scanning for certain key words and adding the links - theres no way the comma team are hunting these snippets down and pasting the links!!
    Afraid not.

From OS:

Thursday, March 1st

A number of news outlets reported on the takeover update provided by Richard Murray on Wednesday afternoon, which you can read by clicking here: https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a96be566a1b3/richard-murray-provides-a-takeover-update-for-fans-as-february-draws-to-a-close

The News Shopper report that the takeover of Charlton Athletic should happen 'in the next few weeks'

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/16055467.charlton-takeover-set-to-happen-in-next-few-weeks-after-roland-duchatelet-agrees-fee-with-two-parties/

Kent Live report similar

https://www.kentlive.news/sport/football/football-news/charlton-athletic-brink-completing-takeover-1277401

The BBC have also reported on Richard Murray's takeover update

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43232033

The South London Press write that two parties have agreed a price for the club

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-have-two-purchasers-with-acceptable-takeover-bids/

So do Sky Sports

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11684/11271047/charlton-athletic-takeover-nearer-completion-after-price-agreed-with-two-parties.

Look at us. We're for sale don't you know. Come and get us.......please.

• The 12th April date coincides with the date this thread started...or at least the Daily Mail article in the 1st post
  • The 12th April date coincides with the date this thread started...or at least the Daily Mail article in the 1st post

Full circle then
  • DOUCHER said:

So when did DD start then? Proper DD? A 2 way process - Not analysing club info that has been put on a portal for potential buyers, which is what I advised had happened, well before December. Also - I said 18 months or so ago the club had changed, the plan was over and they would be ditching the network in order to get back up in 2 years to sell up. Irving was in denial anything had changed and saw that as a lie to make people get behind RD. Ok, you can't discuss with some people so, onto when the imminent stuff started. Nothing was happening in October and no proper sell process had started at the beginning of December. All appears to be geared to what I said - price/s and t's and c's agreed, ahead of the end of season with just the division in next season to be the final point to conclude re the agreed price/s. Twist it however you like. There are 2 bidders, t's and c's being sorted, bowyer in til end of season and hopefully longer and I'm happy. It's not my fault that airman has been fed a pile of, irvings mate red henry's panther is prowling non existent long grass and you can't ignore me coz I come up with facts that people on fans message boards are interested in. Quite frankly, I'm a pest to some of the established on here because I don't swallow the nonsense and the agenda's and tell what's really happening. It's the people who keep coming on here and hanging on their every word that I feel sorry for. Get a life, enjoy the rest of the season.

Someone's upset
    Honestly some people only have to fart in “Charlton” and you’re laughing your head off in Bromley.
    You’re not the only one though feller....

• Club expecting / hoping it completes by 12th April?
    I wonder where they are launching them from
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

So when did DD start then? Proper DD? A 2 way process - Not analysing club info that has been put on a portal for potential buyers, which is what I advised had happened, well before December. Also - I said 18 months or so ago the club had changed, the plan was over and they would be ditching the network in order to get back up in 2 years to sell up. Irving was in denial anything had changed and saw that as a lie to make people get behind RD. Ok, you can't discuss with some people so, onto when the imminent stuff started. Nothing was happening in October and no proper sell process had started at the beginning of December. All appears to be geared to what I said - price/s and t's and c's agreed, ahead of the end of season with just the division in next season to be the final point to conclude re the agreed price/s. Twist it however you like. There are 2 bidders, t's and c's being sorted, bowyer in til end of season and hopefully longer and I'm happy. It's not my fault that airman has been fed a pile of, irvings mate red henry's panther is prowling non existent long grass and you can't ignore me coz I come up with facts that people on fans message boards are interested in. Quite frankly, I'm a pest to some of the established on here because I don't swallow the nonsense and the agenda's and tell what's really happening. It's the people who keep coming on here and hanging on their every word that I feel sorry for. Get a life, enjoy the rest of the season.

It doesn't really matter, Doucher, but your mate Richard Murray contradicted your version in his first statement on the subject on January 20th when he said that "a number of parties had already done due diligence at a cost of up to £150,000" - you either want us to believe that all happened post-Christmas or that RM was not telling the truth. Mishcon de Reya were already heavily involved. Meire met them in the first week of November and went through a list of items. Leases suddenly had to be sorted out. Former directors had had contact re one approach. PwC were on the clock. All known.

Some information ultimately from the Aussie camp proved overexcited, premature or just fanciful, despite very respectable conduits, but the other sources were far and wide. If you rely on one source too heavily you get things wrong and at times I've made that mistake, to which I've held my hands up. But the narrative has always been correct.
    Never spoken to Murray in my life - late Jan to early December is 2 months - like u say, doesn't matter really, just thought I'd clear the nonsense up - mishcon had the portal, of course they would be heavily involved. As always, I just post what's what and if it contradicts what others post or think and they get a bit silly about it so be it - I get info from more than 1 source and am quite satisfied they would not be making things up as everything I've been told to date stacks up - none of us know the exact details and it's nonsense to think we would - it wouldn't be a competitive tender process if that were the case.
  • DOUCHER said:

Someone's upset
    Got any more scoops like the wolves player? Put me back on ignore if I were you.
  • Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Ok fair enough - no point arguing - I don't see anything that red Henry says that convinces me otherwise. Airmans Aussie source seems to get it wrong most of the time but you are probably as closely aligned to what I've been saying for months but nobody has actually put their neck on the line and said anything that disproves the line coming from the club other than vague hints if this and that - as people have said, it's boring - we will be sold by this summer and that hasn't changed since we were relegated

Relegated two years ago now.

Yet up until a few months ago "nothing is happening"
    not going round this loop again - i said nothing was happening in october, airman said something was, i said, if it was, it isn't now and so it was proved - got it?
    You said nothing is happening on 22 December. 29 December Meire's departure announced and Duchatelet confirms that club in talks for a sale.

You said club been for sale since relegation which was in April 2016 but have also said numerous times since then that all had changed, regime was on right track and definitely not for sale.

WIOTOS
    fantasist
    Your quote from December 2017 on page 181 (took seconds to Google).
    DOUCHER said:

In response to cardinal above - in plain english - nothing is happening but when it does I will let the board know - let's see how many tedious 12 year olds jump out now

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77551/duchatelets-sale-of-charlton-imminent-pg-422-imminence-is-not-as-imminent-as-we-thought/p181
    Easy to "always be right" when he just pretends he never said all the many things he did that have been proved wrong.

He even pretends he writes the summaries on this thread : - )

WIOTOS
    I'm asked to do that by someone who knows how easy you are to wind up - gotta laugh
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Someone's upset
    Got any more scoops like the wolves player? Put me back on ignore if I were you.
    Ffs it's that time of day again.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF
    I'll just finish my dinner then get right onto it - u should have said
  • And deploy the 'so far up his own backside' button too please.
  • Life is so much more relaxing when you don't take yourself seriously.
  • Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Ok fair enough - no point arguing - I don't see anything that red Henry says that convinces me otherwise. Airmans Aussie source seems to get it wrong most of the time but you are probably as closely aligned to what I've been saying for months but nobody has actually put their neck on the line and said anything that disproves the line coming from the club other than vague hints if this and that - as people have said, it's boring - we will be sold by this summer and that hasn't changed since we were relegated

not going round this loop again - i said nothing was happening in october, airman said something was, i said, if it was, it isn't now and so it was proved - got it?
    You said nothing is happening on 22 December. 29 December Meire's departure announced and Duchatelet confirms that club in talks for a sale.

You said club been for sale since relegation which was in April 2016 but have also said numerous times since then that all had changed, regime was on right track and definitely not for sale.

WIOTOS
    fantasist
    DOUCHER said:

In response to cardinal above - in plain english - nothing is happening but when it does I will let the board know - let's see how many tedious 12 year olds jump out now

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77551/duchatelets-sale-of-charlton-imminent-pg-422-imminence-is-not-as-imminent-as-we-thought/p181
    Easy to "always be right" when he just pretends he never said all the many things he did that have been proved wrong.

WIOTOS
    I'm asked to do that by someone who knows how easy you are to wind up - gotta laugh
    So sad, you don't actually do either though

And you're still biting.
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Someone's upset
    Yep, that's right, had the polish striker story on here before you.

No big deal for me but you were giving it the big one when you were a day late.

And I'll decide when to ignore you but feel free to complain to Admin like you did last time.

Bye bye
  • her job was done, no more damage possible..
  • Let’s all calm down we have all had a drink aint we
  • DOUCHER said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

WIOTOS
    fantasist
    DOUCHER said:

WIOTOS
    So sad, you don't actually do either though

And you're still biting.
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Someone's upset
    Yep, that's right, had the polish striker story on here before you.

No big deal for me but you were giving it the big one when you were a day late.

And I'll decide when to ignore you but feel free to complain to Admin like you did last time.

Bye bye
    U do talk nonsense - u were a day after me and u know it - never omplained to admin in my life - go argue with someone else - I'm sure u will
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!