Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Well I think it is good, the club needs to continue notwithstanding what happens with the takeover.

I suspect that if redhenrys mob are revisiting their quote/doing DD then this maybe the clubs way of focussing their minds and forcing a deadline to an extent.
  • rikofold said:

The takeover won’t happen until it’s determined what league we are in next year I am convinced of that and have been since this all started

This exactly.

RD isn’t going to sell a possible Championship club for League 1 value or any buyers aren’t going to buy a league 1 club for championship value.

I think that once it’s confirmed what league we are in, a deal will then be done.
    League One value being presumably less than the £18m he laid out for the Championship version of the club, right?

Frankly if he's holding out for more money on promotion he's got a bloody nerve.
    Exactly, buys a thriving (football wise) Championship club for £18 mill, practically runs us into the ground turns us into a Div 1 club & then thinks he can sell us for approx £50mill :smile:
  • 'Very odd scenario. So the new owners might end up with no input'

I would guess, as with the Bowyer scenario, that season ticket prices would have been agreed with both parties still at the table.

Why not say that then?

well, they ran the article past whoever is in charge and they thought it was ok. They probably didn't even give any thought as to how ambiguous it is and how open to interpretation it is.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Ok fair enough - no point arguing - I don't see anything that red Henry says that convinces me otherwise. Airmans Aussie source seems to get it wrong most of the time but you are probably as closely aligned to what I've been saying for months but nobody has actually put their neck on the line and said anything that disproves the line coming from the club other than vague hints if this and that - as people have said, it's boring - we will be sold by this summer and that hasn't changed since we were relegated

Relegated two years ago now.

Yet up until a few months ago "nothing is happening"
    not going round this loop again - i said nothing was happening in october, airman said something was, i said, if it was, it isn't now and so it was proved - got it?
    You said nothing is happening on 22 December. 29 December Meire's departure announced and Duchatelet confirms that club in talks for a sale.

You said club been for sale since relegation which was in April 2016 but have also said numerous times since then that all had changed, regime was on right track and definitely not for sale.

WIOTOS
    fantasist
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Ok fair enough - no point arguing - I don't see anything that red Henry says that convinces me otherwise. Airmans Aussie source seems to get it wrong most of the time but you are probably as closely aligned to what I've been saying for months but nobody has actually put their neck on the line and said anything that disproves the line coming from the club other than vague hints if this and that - as people have said, it's boring - we will be sold by this summer and that hasn't changed since we were relegated

not going round this loop again - i said nothing was happening in october, airman said something was, i said, if it was, it isn't now and so it was proved - got it?
    You said nothing is happening on 22 December. 29 December Meire's departure announced and Duchatelet confirms that club in talks for a sale.

You said club been for sale since relegation which was in April 2016 but have also said numerous times since then that all had changed, regime was on right track and definitely not for sale.

WIOTOS
    accurfantasist
  • bobmunro said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

WIOTOS
    accurfantasist
    Watch it
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

WIOTOS
    fantasist
    Your quote from December 2017 on page 181 (took seconds to Google).
    DOUCHER said:

In response to cardinal above - in plain english - nothing is happening but when it does I will let the board know - let's see how many tedious 12 year olds jump out now

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77551/duchatelets-sale-of-charlton-imminent-pg-422-imminence-is-not-as-imminent-as-we-thought/p181
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

Angeldust on the other forum has said that a fee has been agreed there just talking out all the add ons that the rat wants that's what is holding this up !!!

Not agreed then
  • RedChaser said:

Scoham said:

FAVADDICK said:

Angeldust on the other forum has said that a fee has been agreed there just talking out all the add ons that the rat wants that's what is holding this up !!!

Fits in with the comment on here the other day about things changing when Gomez started for England.
    This really tickled me
  • Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

WIOTOS
    fantasist
    DOUCHER said:

In response to cardinal above - in plain english - nothing is happening but when it does I will let the board know - let's see how many tedious 12 year olds jump out now

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77551/duchatelets-sale-of-charlton-imminent-pg-422-imminence-is-not-as-imminent-as-we-thought/p181
    Interested to know what you need to Google to bring up posts by Doucher
  • Restrict season tickets to the first 10 matches
  • bobmunro said:

The wankers are constantly playing mind games with us.

I've got to say that we have a tendency to play mind games with ourselves as well!
    Well yeh... it is CL!
  • edited April 2018
    Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

WIOTOS
    fantasist
    DOUCHER said:

Easy to "always be right" when he just pretends he never said all the many things he did that have been proved wrong.

He even pretends he writes the summaries on this thread : - )

WIOTOS
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

As someone else has already mentioned, if anyone buys a season ticket before the takeover, (while assuming it will be done), don't be pissed off if it does not happen and you have just handed RD more money

Assuming the takeover happens, you're not giving RD more money, but rather buying next season's football in advance. The final purchase price of the club will take into account such advance payments, whether £10,000 or £100,000.
  • ross1 said:

As someone else has already mentioned, if anyone buys a season ticket before the takeover, (while assuming it will be done), don't be pissed off if it does not happen and you have just handed RD more money

Assuming the takeover happens, you're not giving RD more money, but rather buying next season's football in advance. The final purchase price of the club will take into account such advance payments, whether £10,000 or £100,000.
    Exactly
  • So season tickets go on sale 12th April.
    That's all I read from that.
    Still the same question remains, do you give your hard earned to Douchbag or not?

Whether he’s sold or not, for me, there’s no rush to buy after all the season doesn’t start until August and I’m on holiday for the first few games.

• Club expecting / hoping it completes by 12th April?
    I wonder where they are launching them from
    Olly being loaded as we speak:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!