Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Doesn't everyone loosely agree on the facts? Name-calling aside, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Airman, Red Henry and Doucher are all basically saying the same thing:

1. There are three parties (total)
    2. British group (possibly underfunded), Aussie group, Arab group
    3. The British and Aussie groups were probably who Murray referred to as 'price agreed'
    4. The Arab group may have pulled out at one point, but are now back/trying to get back in the frame

The argument from Doucher seems to be about which two parties were the 'main' ones... but as far as I can tell, nobody has ever really disputed or agued the toss over that point

I’ve not been able to find any evidence there is still a British group, beyond Murray saying that to staff at Sparrows Lane at the end of January. So my reading of it now is S Hamer/Saudis v Elliott/Aussies.
    maybe the rumours of false stories being deliberately planted by some within the club are true.

Who knows?

WIOTOS
    In past years it was known that Charlton staff would release false rumours to see just how quickly they would do the rounds to out do other staff members false rumours.

The rascals.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Angeldust on the other forum has said that a fee has been agreed there just talking out all the add ons that the rat wants that's what is holding this up !!!

Fits in with the comment on here the other day about things changing when Gomez started for England.
  • Rothko said:

dickplumb said:

The only way to force him out is to do what we’ve always been doing - stop going, stop giving him money and ensure he takes heavy financial losses. Stick to your guns. Listen to CARD and follow their lead when they make announcements. Forget half price shirts, going to a game under bowyer. The long term future of our club is more important.

Well it hasn't worked so far. I have followed this advice and all I am hurting is myself. Duchatelet will sell when he wants to, irrespective of whether we protest or not.

I know we don’t know each other but to me the punters like you that don’t go to the games are the ones making a true sacrifice for our club , so thank you .
    If all the 7k or so who have disappeared since that twat turned up ,pissing about with our club , continued coming to games buying Kits sponsoring players /matches drinking in the ground buying food etc would that piss taking twat be so willing to sell .
    No I don’t think he would
    So you doing your bit me doing my bit and all my family /mates are doing our bit to get rid of this bellend
    In numbers we have made a difference

The lame crew can sit there and swoon about how rich he is and it not bothering him about a few quid here and there but it all adds up and will have contributed without doubt in some way to him wanting to sell .

Easy for some to turn a blind eye as their love one has been fucked around with by some prick in front of their own eyes for a good few years .

Well done to everyone who has withheld from spending with this poisonous ownership .
    No matter how small it be , whether it was not buying a program ,a beer , a shirt , a burger or whatever at the ground , it all adds up and helps push the experimenting dick out the front door .

In all honesty I wish I didn’t have these Charlton principles but I feel I’m looking at the bigger picture and I can set my kids on the road with some early principles in their Charlton Life .

Just sell the club .
    I've hated the last couple of years, other then 3 games I've given the club the cold shoulder, I've wanted to buy a shirt for my lad who's interested, but won't, I want to come to games in the run in, but won't (play off semi final might be a test of my morals), but I'd rather keep the £500 a year all in that I invested in the club, and not hand it over.

This takeover has to happen, because I want to be able to get my boy a Charlton shirt, bring him to the Valley, and get him consigned to a life of misery joy.
    Ever thought it might be too late by then mate?

I did, had to take the plunge as my little 4 yo fella was man City mad.

Hes now 6 watches cafc dvds from 1998 to 2008 every night before bed, been away game, and has a free ST (bought with a cheap adult one, £175 in total)
  • FAVADDICK said:

Angeldust on the other forum has said that a fee has been agreed there just talking out all the add ons that the rat wants that's what is holding this up !!!

And yet Red Henry says his group are preparing a new bid. Curiouser and curiouser.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Ok fair enough - no point arguing - I don't see anything that red Henry says that convinces me otherwise. Airmans Aussie source seems to get it wrong most of the time but you are probably as closely aligned to what I've been saying for months but nobody has actually put their neck on the line and said anything that disproves the line coming from the club other than vague hints if this and that - as people have said, it's boring - we will be sold by this summer and that hasn't changed since we were relegated

Relegated two years ago now.

Yet up until a few months ago "nothing is happening"
    not going round this loop again - i said nothing was happening in october, airman said something was, i said, if it was, it isn't now and so it was proved - got it?
    You said nothing is happening on 22 December. 29 December Meire's departure announced and Duchatelet confirms that club in talks for a sale.

You said club been for sale since relegation which was in April 2016 but have also said numerous times since then that all had changed, regime was on right track and definitely not for sale.

WIOTOS
  • Doucher, you are the epitome of your user name.
  • We should temporarily cut down on post until the return of the home button ;0)
  • So nothing has changed then. They've agreed what the asking price is but no party has met it yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Redhenry said:

DOUCHER said:

Croydon said:

From OS statement regarding Bowyer:

“The takeover hasn’t moved as quickly as we had envisaged and it was important for those players and fans to know that whatever happens there will be stability.

“At this stage, there are still two parties looking to purchase the club and everything is close but a date for a takeover is not something I am able to put a timeline on because, as we have seen, these things can take longer than expected.”

The 2 parties being the Aussie's and Red Henry's lot I presume.

from what I can make out red herring is making it up as he goes along - aussies and brits are the 2 parties and the henrys Arabic panther is acting as some kind of decoy in the long grass - possibly with a mask on
    Wrong again mate
    so can you confirm that your lot are one of the 2 henry? If they aren't we're in danger they won't keep bowyer til end of season aren't we?
    Shouldn't you know this? Because you are in the know after all, aren't you?
    Yes, and the arabs are not one of the 2
    Shhh now! No one knows what's going on. Not you, not Redhenry, not Rick, not Murray, the only person who knows is Roland.

We've been going round in circles for months..
    This is all so flipping boring now.
    how do you know? :)
    Too many false dawns from too many people proclaiming to be in the know.

Everyone wants to be the person to break the story, to know what's going on behind the scenes.

Unless info is coming directly from Roland, it's fair to assume people are speculating.

Nothing against you personally, but your crumbs are pretty dry.
  • Rothko said:

dickplumb said:

The only way to force him out is to do what we’ve always been doing - stop going, stop giving him money and ensure he takes heavy financial losses. Stick to your guns. Listen to CARD and follow their lead when they make announcements. Forget half price shirts, going to a game under bowyer. The long term future of our club is more important.

Well it hasn't worked so far. I have followed this advice and all I am hurting is myself. Duchatelet will sell when he wants to, irrespective of whether we protest or not.

I know we don’t know each other but to me the punters like you that don’t go to the games are the ones making a true sacrifice for our club , so thank you .
    If all the 7k or so who have disappeared since that twat turned up ,pissing about with our club , continued coming to games buying Kits sponsoring players /matches drinking in the ground buying food etc would that piss taking twat be so willing to sell .
    So you doing your bit me doing my bit and all my family /mates are doing our bit to get rid of this bellend

The lame crew can sit there and swoon about how rich he is and it not bothering him about a few quid here and there but it all adds up and will have contributed without doubt in some way to him wanting to sell .

Easy for some to turn a blind eye as their love one has been fucked around with by some prick in front of their own eyes for a good few years .

Well done to everyone who has withheld from spending with this poisonous ownership .
    No matter how small it be , whether it was not buying a program ,a beer , a shirt , a burger or whatever at the ground , it all adds up and helps push the experimenting dick out the front door .

In all honesty I wish I didn’t have these Charlton principles but I feel I’m looking at the bigger picture and I can set my kids on the road with some early principles in their Charlton Life .

Just sell the club .
    I've hated the last couple of years, other then 3 games I've given the club the cold shoulder, I've wanted to buy a shirt for my lad who's interested, but won't, I want to come to games in the run in, but won't (play off semi final might be a test of my morals), but I'd rather keep the £500 a year all in that I invested in the club, and not hand it over.

This takeover has to happen, because I want to be able to get my boy a Charlton shirt, bring him to the Valley, and get him consigned to a life of misery joy.

I did, had to take the plunge as my little 4 yo fella was man City mad.

Hes now 6 watches cafc dvds from 1998 to 2008 every night before bed, been away game, and has a free ST (bought with a cheap adult one, £175 in total)
    I don't think he's going anywhere support wise, although I didn't stick to being a Charlton supporter till I was about 7 (no family history of supporting the club at all in my case). It is a risk, but I think I'll get away with it
  • The view from detective Sam:

The club state there are two parties involved.

This would be correct if the quote from McLeish when accepting the Scottish job was correct that the Scottish bid that involved him in some type of manager/ director of football role at Cafc had disappeared because they couldn't get anywhere near the asking price.
    Plus the comment from the training ground that a British bid was involved months ago.

An Australian bid which sounds like a consortium of various sporting entrepreneurs with one guy called Muir who has Dosh but we hear that they have struggled to raise the required amount. Which tells me the rich dude only wants to risk a small amount of his fortune.

The Saudi or UAE bid, which could involve Steve Hamer who is Bristol Rovers chairman and has been Swansea's chair and sounds like a experienced chair for hire. Also a local SE man.
    This sounds like Red Henry's lot.

According to Paul Elliott he could be the chairman if a certain offer was accepted.
    Not the middle East offer if Hamer is on his way. The British (Scottish bid) has dropped out, Which only leaves the Aussie consortium for Elliott to be chairman of.

And relax.

The asking price, if I'm correct, when McLeish said his consortium bowed out, was £48 million. Ludicrous. McLeish also was a conduit for that consortium, I don't think he expected to have any such role if they took over.

Muir was involved in the rumoured Australian consortium last season but there's no confirmation that he's involved in this one, and weren't they supposed to be trying to raise more cash in Sydney?

I don't trust any of it. Nothing would surprise me if we're still in this limbo in two years time.
  • Rothko said:

Rothko said:

dickplumb said:

Just sell the club .

I don't think he's going anywhere support wise, although I didn't stick to being a Charlton supporter till I was about 7 (no family history of supporting the club at all in my case). It is a risk, but I think I'll get away with it
    Only two home games left. It really will make no difference to the sale.
  • My guess is that “the British party” is all to do with the fact that Keith Harris was asked to find a buyer for the club. I also guess that the buyer he has found are not British at all but are looking to appoint British management to run the club hence the rumours regarding both Paul Elliot and Steve Hamer.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=orville&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjTy4yP7aLaAhVsAsAKHd7QBfQQ_AUICigB&biw=1024&bih=662#imgrc=2A9fhnjZauuUuM:

This one?
  • There’s a strong link between hamer and Keith Harris so the Middle East offer may well be via Harris.
  • LenGlover said:

My guess is that “the British party” is all to do with the fact that Keith Harris was asked to find a buyer for the club. I also guess that the buyer he has found are not British at all but are looking to appoint British management to run the club hence the rumours regarding both Paul Elliot and Steve Hamer.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=orville&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjTy4yP7aLaAhVsAsAKHd7QBfQQ_AUICigB&biw=1024&bih=662#imgrc=2A9fhnjZauuUuM:

This one?
    That’s the one Len.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really missing the home button on this thread...

• Club expecting / hoping it completes by 12th April?
    That’s how I read it......if there was no chance of hitting this date why not just put them out now given the current upsurge in spirits?
  • RedMist said:

Club expecting / hoping it completes by 12th April?
    That’s how I read it......if there was no chance of hitting this date why not just put them out now given the current upsurge in spirits?
    Because Duch and Murray are trying to play mind games.
    I've a hunch it won't be completed by then and they will go on sale then...voila Roly starts selling S/T's.
    That’s how I see it too...
    If season tickets go on sale on the 12th , people will buy them under the premise that a takeover will be happening in the back ground as well as Charlton having a potential position in the play offs
  • The takeover won’t happen until it’s determined what league we are in next year I am convinced of that and have been since this all started

This exactly.

RD isn’t going to sell a possible Championship club for League 1 value or any buyers aren’t going to buy a league 1 club for championship value.

I think that once it’s confirmed what league we are in, a deal will then be done.
    League One value being presumably less than the £18m he laid out for the Championship version of the club, right?

Frankly if he's holding out for more money on promotion he's got a bloody nerve.
  • Has anyone else noticed the curious correlation between the level of balls up the sale of the club becomes and the marked improvements of the pitch.

As more of the apologists of the Belgian regime leave and the more comically chaotic it all becomes , the better we seem to do.

• Club expecting / hoping it completes by 12th April?
    Very odd scenario. So the new owners might end up with no input.
    Maybe Roland will make them all £50 as a parting gift.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!