Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• This thread will still be trundling on in a few months time at this rate. :(
  • Ok fair enough - no point arguing - I don't see anything that red Henry says that convinces me otherwise. Airmans Aussie source seems to get it wrong most of the time but you are probably as closely aligned to what I've been saying for months but nobody has actually put their neck on the line and said anything that disproves the line coming from the club other than vague hints if this and that - as people have said, it's boring - we will be sold by this summer and that hasn't changed since we were relegated
  • DOUCHER said:

Ok fair enough - no point arguing - I don't see anything that red Henry says that convinces me otherwise. Airmans Aussie source seems to get it wrong most of the time but you are probably as closely aligned to what I've been saying for months but nobody has actually put their neck on the line and said anything that disproves the line coming from the club other than vague hints if this and that - as people have said, it's boring - we will be sold by this summer and that hasn't changed since we were relegated

I agree with all that
  • Well I tried to boycott and not buy merchandise but I am sorry to say I have cracked and bought my boy some Charlton kit.

On EBay.
  • sam3110 said:

IT'S NOT FUCKING RED BULL!!!

Ugh

Source?? Is it your beleif that im not ITK
  • DOUCHER said:

Ok fair enough - no point arguing - I don't see anything that red Henry says that convinces me otherwise. Airmans Aussie source seems to get it wrong most of the time but you are probably as closely aligned to what I've been saying for months but nobody has actually put their neck on the line and said anything that disproves the line coming from the club other than vague hints if this and that - as people have said, it's boring - we will be sold by this summer and that hasn't changed since we were relegated

Relegated two years ago now.

Yet up until a few months ago "nothing is happening"
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

My view - for what it's worth - is that 2 bids have been agreed but they still haven't come up with all the paperwork to conclude the deal / make their bid conpliant with the terms of the sellers 'tender' document. It's probably nothing to do with money but more about guarantees. Doesn't suggest either buyer is sitting on a pile of easily accessible cash but I'm only guessing as to the exact reason for the hold up - like everyone else.

Yeah, if true, to me that is not a good sign re funds available for promotion. Douchatelet took something like 12 days from start to finish when he bought CAFC and look how little he put in. This worries me this is going on week after week after week after month.
  • DOUCHER said:

My view - for what it's worth - is that 2 bids have been agreed but they still haven't come up with all the paperwork to conclude the deal / make their bid conpliant with the terms of the sellers 'tender' document. It's probably nothing to do with money but more about guarantees. Doesn't suggest either buyer is sitting on a pile of easily accessible cash but I'm only guessing as to the exact reason for the hold up - like everyone else.

Yeah, if true, to me that is not a good sign re funds available for promotion. Douchatelet took something like 12 days from start to finish when he bought CAFC and look how little he put in. This worries me this is going on week after week after week after month.
    That was because he didn't do proper due diligence and missed the old directors bonds.

But he got the club cheap as it was a distressed sale.

And he has spent lots of money, he's just spent it very very badly and on the wrong things.

again how long it is taking tells us nothing about the new owners or how rich they are.
    I'm working for a couple who remortgaged their house in the UK to the tune of £40k to renovate a tumbledown cottage here in France to be used as a holiday home. They signed a contract with a groundworks firm to install a pool to the tune of just shy of £30k, leaving numbnuts here to renovate the wreck of a house for £10k, incl. electrical install and handmade kitchen.

I refer to the as the Duchatelets when I'm not gnoring on my fist with frustration

• Doesn't everyone loosely agree on the facts? Name-calling aside, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Airman, Red Henry and Doucher are all basically saying the same thing:

1. There are three parties (total)
    2. British group (possibly underfunded), Aussie group, Arab group
    3. The British and Aussie groups were probably who Murray referred to as 'price agreed'
    4. The Arab group may have pulled out at one point, but are now back/trying to get back in the frame

The argument from Doucher seems to be about which two parties were the 'main' ones... but as far as I can tell, nobody has ever really disputed or agued the toss over that point

I’ve not been able to find any evidence there is still a British group, beyond Murray saying that to staff at Sparrows Lane at the end of January. So my reading of it now is S Hamer/Saudis v Elliott/Aussies.
    Let's go with this interpretation. This way everyone gets to be right.
  • Redhenry said:

I've said all I know apart from the identity. I'll say it again, various bids have been rejected and a new one is being prepared this week. :neutral:

So either there are three bids or Murray was bulshitting. This is a setback.
  • No idea, just know that one party is bidding again.
  • No idea, just know that one party is bidding again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Aussies drop out, Albanians to bid.
  • Doesn't everyone loosely agree on the facts? Name-calling aside, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Airman, Red Henry and Doucher are all basically saying the same thing:

1. There are three parties (total)
    2. British group (possibly underfunded), Aussie group, Arab group
    3. The British and Aussie groups were probably who Murray referred to as 'price agreed'
    4. The Arab group may have pulled out at one point, but are now back/trying to get back in the frame

The argument from Doucher seems to be about which two parties were the 'main' ones... but as far as I can tell, nobody has ever really disputed or agued the toss over that point

I’ve not been able to find any evidence there is still a British group, beyond Murray saying that to staff at Sparrows Lane at the end of January. So my reading of it now is S Hamer/Saudis v Elliott/Aussies.
    Know much about the Saudi's?
  • Uboat said:

Am I the only person not too bothered about when Roland sells at the moment?

Haven't enjoyed going tO to the valley so much in years. Against Rotherham I got that buzz back, and everyone after the game was in really good spirits, atmosfear was the best it's been at the valley in years imo,

Roland will go, weather that's next week, may or end of the season.

For now get behind the boys, start enjoy going to football again and let's get in those play offs.

I think I'm more in this camp now. I went to the Rotherham game 'by accident' because I bought tickets assuming that he would be gone by then. It felt completely different to the last few years. Knowing that Meire wasn't sitting behind me and that RD is definitely selling, plus having formers players running the team all add up to a big difference.
    I've no idea what the atmosphere has been like lately but it I felt that there was a lot of positivity in the ground.
    Nail on the head! Couldn’t make the Plymouth game but reports of friends that went suggested the team were in a completely different zone! Went to footy for a fiver against the shrews assuming we’d be sold by then, and couldn’t remember a worse game!
    Went to Rotherham based on the Plymouth and Northampton games! It’s not hype! These players want it!
    Stuff Roly, he’s selling, let’s support our team!
    I actually came out full of hope and excitement like I used to, and a little bit of me hoping that we didn’t sell unless bowyer was retained until the end of the season. Happy to sell after today’s news.
    I go to football for the game, a beer or two and to see some people I only ever see at football!

Love it, hate Roly.
  • Redhenry said:

I've said all I know apart from the identity. I'll say it again, various bids have been rejected and a new one is being prepared this week. :neutral:

See Fee not agreed yet
  • DOUCHER said:

not going round this loop again - i said nothing was happening in october, airman said something was, i said, if it was, it isn't now and so it was proved - got it?
  • edited April 2018
    razil said:

He’s hit on a new formula for his franchise with even less staff..

He's saving a fortune on wages
  • DOUCHER said:

Redhenry said:

DOUCHER said:

Croydon said:

From OS statement regarding Bowyer:

“The takeover hasn’t moved as quickly as we had envisaged and it was important for those players and fans to know that whatever happens there will be stability.

“At this stage, there are still two parties looking to purchase the club and everything is close but a date for a takeover is not something I am able to put a timeline on because, as we have seen, these things can take longer than expected.”

The 2 parties being the Aussie's and Red Henry's lot I presume.

from what I can make out red herring is making it up as he goes along - aussies and brits are the 2 parties and the henrys Arabic panther is acting as some kind of decoy in the long grass - possibly with a mask on
    Wrong again mate
    so can you confirm that your lot are one of the 2 henry? If they aren't we're in danger they won't keep bowyer til end of season aren't we?
    Shouldn't you know this? Because you are in the know after all, aren't you?
    No I think he said he had some cast iron saucers
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

not going round this loop again - i said nothing was happening in october, airman said something was, i said, if it was, it isn't now and so it was proved - got it?
    The only thing that was 'proved' was the fact you were wrong, Murray even said as much on the OS.
    Yeah that's why we are here 6 months later and it still hasn't happened
  • Angeldust on the other forum has said that a fee has been agreed there just talking out all the add ons that the rat wants that's what is holding this up !!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!