Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The only way to force him out is to do what we’ve always been doing - stop going, stop giving him money and ensure he takes heavy financial losses. Stick to your guns. Listen to CARD and follow their lead when they make announcements. Forget half price shirts, going to a game under bowyer. The long term future of our club is more important.

My sentiments as well, despite the fact that I went away to Northpton and saw huge progress on the field.
  • I don't believe anyone on here is in the know. It's been predicted by a hand full of people in the past. They all look a bit silly now.
  • PopIcon said:

I don't believe anyone on here is in the know. It's been predicted by a hand full of people in the past. They all look a bit silly now.

But im still hearing a few whispers about Redbull

• Is rigor mortis setting in to this thread?

Go and have a stiff one !
  • Am I the only person not too bothered about when Roland sells at the moment?

Haven't enjoyed going tO to the valley so much in years. Against Rotherham I got that buzz back, and everyone after the game was in really good spirits, atmosfear was the best it's been at the valley in years imo,

Roland will go, weather that's next week, may or end of the season.

For now get behind the boys, start enjoy going to football again and let's get in those play offs.
  • edited April 2018

Am I the only person not too bothered about when Roland sells at the moment?

Haven't enjoyed going tO to the valley so much in years. Against Rotherham I got that buzz back, and everyone after the game was in really good spirits, atmosfear was the best it's been at the valley in years imo,

For now get behind the boys, start enjoy going to football again and let's get in those play offs.

I think I'm more in this camp now. I went to the Rotherham game 'by accident' because I bought tickets assuming that he would be gone by then. It felt completely different to the last few years. Knowing that Meire wasn't sitting behind me and that RD is definitely selling, plus having former players running the team all add up to a big difference.
    I've no idea what the atmosphere has been like lately but it I felt that there was a lot of positivity in the ground.
  • My fears of Charlton related anxiety:

1.Roland is secretly just stringing us along and has no true intention of selling...and or is going to wait until the seasons over...which also causes internal disruption and creates a confusing "should we protest again...do we need to" angle and dilemma for us fans.

2. New owners come in and immediately replace bowyer with kewell and the promotion chase takes an unnecessary distraction....and we are sure to still be in league one next season.

3. We pick up injuries to key players or our form dips and we either miss out on the playoffs and heartbreakingly get another season in league one....and at the same time, Roland has not even yet sold the club!!!

4. Millwall go up and or palace stay up.

5. Well it's all just a mixed bag of Roland still being the owner, us not getting promoted (but trying really hard so it's even more painful but at least honest)

New potential Aussie owners doing impulsive irrational things...and Millwall and palace having good ends to the season.

Please make all these fears go away.

Ouch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do we know who appointed Bowyer and Jackson? Bearing in mind we have no CEO, no finance director, and no manager. Not disputing it has been a great success, but someone must be running the club day to day. Just interested. Surely it wasn't the Douche. Could he sack them if he wanted to?
  • From Newshopper...

Charlton caretaker boss Lee Bowyer is set to remain in charge until the end of the season.

News Shopper understands that Bowyer has the trust from wantaway owner Roland Duchatelet - and the club is expected to release a statement confirming the news later today.
  • I’m beginning to feel that Duchâtelet & Murray see just stringing us along now
  • From OS statement regarding Bowyer:

“The takeover hasn’t moved as quickly as we had envisaged and it was important for those players and fans to know that whatever happens there will be stability.

“At this stage, there are still two parties looking to purchase the club and everything is close but a date for a takeover is not something I am able to put a timeline on because, as we have seen, these things can take longer than expected.”

The 2 parties being the Aussie's and Red Henry's lot I presume.
  • anyone else read that on a way that can be twisted if/when Duchâtelet doesn’t sell, in order to say he tried to keep Charlton people at Charlton in order to gain some good back
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

The only way to force him out is to do what we’ve always been doing - stop going, stop giving him money and ensure he takes heavy financial losses. Stick to your guns. Listen to CARD and follow their lead when they make announcements. Forget half price shirts, going to a game under bowyer. The long term future of our club is more important.

Well it hasn't worked so far. I have followed this advice and all I am hurting is myself. Duchatelet will sell when he wants to, irrespective of whether we protest or not.

I know we don’t know each other but to me the punters like you that don’t go to the games are the ones making a true sacrifice for our club , so thank you .
    If all the 7k or so who have disappeared since that twat turned up ,pissing about with our club , continued coming to games buying Kits sponsoring players /matches drinking in the ground buying food etc would that piss taking twat be so willing to sell .
    No I don’t think he would
    So you doing your bit me doing my bit and all my family /mates are doing our bit to get rid of this bellend
    In numbers we have made a difference

The lame crew can sit there and swoon about how rich he is and it not bothering him about a few quid here and there but it all adds up and will have contributed without doubt in some way to him wanting to sell .

Easy for some to turn a blind eye as their love one has been fucked around with by some prick in front of their own eyes for a good few years .

Well done to everyone who has withheld from spending with this poisonous ownership .
    No matter how small it be , whether it was not buying a program ,a beer , a shirt , a burger or whatever at the ground , it all adds up and helps push the experimenting dick out the front door .

In all honesty I wish I didn’t have these Charlton principles but I feel I’m looking at the bigger picture and I can set my kids on the road with some early principles in their Charlton Life .

Just sell the club .
    This
  • From the OS

"The club are currently in takeover discussions with two separate parties and while the sale of the club has not been finalised, it has been confirmed that one of the conditions of the sale, agreed by both parties interested in purchasing, will be that Bowyer is kept on as Caretaker Manager, with Johnnie Jackson continuing as his assistant, until the end of the season."

So it has gone as far as agreeing at least one condition of sale.

Interesting times

Time for a summary from @AFKABartram

WIOTOS
  • https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ac4acbe2b09f/caretaker-boss-lee-bowyer-to-manage-charlton-for-the-rest-of-the-season

“The takeover hasn’t moved as quickly as we had envisaged and it was important for those players and fans to know that whatever happens there will be stability.

“At this stage, there are still two parties looking to purchase the club and everything is close but a date for a takeover is not something I am able to put a timeline on because, as we have seen, these things can take longer than expected.”

But now they are ONLY "looking to purchase the club"! I thought previously Murray had stayed a price had been agreed.
  • Is there any hint that it might be Red Bull
  • Is there any hint that it might be Red Bull

Maybe there are no Australians involved and these 'Aussie Investors' are in fact Austrians, i.e. Red Bull
  • Am I the only person not too bothered about when Roland sells at the moment?

I think this is such a short-sighted view.

It completely ignores just how much damage Duchatelet has wrecked on the club in the past and, more importantly, how much more damage he can inflict in the future.

He is right now damaging the club with his attitude to the sale and indifference to how delaying and delaying the sale (that he expected to happen in January if not earlier) will impact on the club going forward.

I've seen all of the games under Bowyer and everything on the pitch is 100% different and 1000% better; players, atmosphere, football, results and press conferences. I'm loving it but it is just because it is so much better that I want the takeover to happen ASAP

It is only three games. We know Roland can mess up good starts (Peeters) or sack successful managers (Riga) on a whim. We can't just ignore the facts of just how bad an owner he has been and remains.

He has to go if Bowyer is to be allowed to really build the club, not just have a few wins and lift some depression short term.

We have no CEO, no finance director, a caretaker manager and have just announced operational losses of around £12m from the year ending July 2017 and are on course to have more of the same in this current financial year.

Just sell the club.

Mega This. Well said Henners.
  • Takeover, what takeover?
  • He’s hit on a new formula for his franchise with even less staff..
  • Rothko said:

and soon next week will become next month, and next month will become next year...

What that bloke said
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!