Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Perhaps the protests should have gone ahead yesterday! Then Richard Murray may have said something!
  • edited April 2018

Have you seen a press release that says fee agreed with x named consortium

I haven’t

I have seen and heard from a man who tells lies for fun that

Two bidders have agreed a fee and it should be concluded very soon

This was ages ago and still no conclusion no consortium even named

We have had imminent and deal done , fees agreed

Yet not one shred of evidence to collaborate these facts

However what we do have evidence of is no fee being agreed as RD still owns us no official names have come out as to who there maybe that’s interested in buying us

Press release.

"Although the takeover has not yet been completed, the good news is the terms of the deal, including the price, have now been agreed between the parties and we are now just waiting for their respective lawyers to finalise the sale and purchase agreement"

If I had agreed a price and then Duchatelet moved the goal posts I'd tell him where he could stick his tin pot club.
  • maybe lost in translation
  • Redhenry said:

maybe lost in translation

RH’s lot not native English speakers confirmed.
  • Some people are suggesting that RD is stalling in order to get best deal depending on which division we're in next season. Does that mean that Murray came out with a bare faced lie when a few weeks ago he stated that the price had been agreed? I don't know either way but multi million pound sales such as this can't be as simple as some folk believe. Let's just hang on in there and focus on the team's upcoming games and continue to get behind the lads as we have done since KR left.

All that is missing here is 'why don't we all just have a nice cup of tea, and wait for the whole thing to blow over' :smile:
  • Redhenry said:

maybe lost in translation

Arabic ?
  • انه يحدث
  • Sponsored links:

• انه يحدث

Racist
  • Will" Duchatelet's sale of Charlton" reach 1000 pages and be longer than "War and Peace"?

What will replace it ?

Has it passed "Good and proper thread test"

Peace I hope
  • My view - for what it's worth - is that 2 bids have been agreed but they still haven't come up with all the paperwork to conclude the deal / make their bid conpliant with the terms of the sellers 'tender' document. It's probably nothing to do with money but more about guarantees. Doesn't suggest either buyer is sitting on a pile of easily accessible cash but I'm only guessing as to the exact reason for the hold up - like everyone else.
  • All everyone is doing is guessing, even those who think they are somehow ITK.

Even the board know it all
  • DOUCHER said:

All everyone is doing is guessing, even those who think they are somehow ITK.

Even the board know it all
    That is only one person.
  • Sponsored links:

• After four years of this lot in charge,all the lies we have had to put up with I am starting to think the softly softly approach has failed

• In short, if I was in his shoes

...people would be pointing and laughing.
  • Well, now that we are back in top 6, I worry that if RD is not 100% committed by contract to sell at this point, he might wait it out, see if we make it back to the Championship, and try to get an even higher price. "London club! Profitable! Promoted! What can I get now?"

The sad fact is that the worse we played, the more we heard he wanted out. And since we have won 3 in a row, things have gone quiet. Maybe this should not worry me..... but it does. This is Roland we are talking about. As long as he is here, I worry about everything.

As the saying goes...2 out of 3 ain’t bad!

Even in the Championship I don’t believe we, or many other clubs, have ever been profitable.
  • @Redhenry - appreciate you probably cannot say for risk of giving the ‘game away’ but if you can, I would be interested to know if your source is linked directly to the interested party or to the club/a third party.

Only reason I ask is that if RD is trying to drive a higher price from Aussies/others then rumours of loaded Middle Eastern investors sitting in the wings and about to re-visit their offer would be one rumour he may choose to spread.

Please be assured I am not questioning you, you have supplied a number of Items of ITK info on other matters that have proven accurate and clearly show you have an exceptional source of info. I just wonder as to the propensity of this being an internal club source who could be unwittingly caught in a bit of ‘RD meddling’ rather than direct from the interested parties mouths so to speak.
  • I never thought I’d say it but if the new owners want to replace Bowyer and Jacko before the end of the season then I hope the ownership delay lasts a little longer.
    Only to the point where installing a new manager wouldn’t be considered.
    Happy for asap if they leave Bowyer and jacko until the end of the campaign.
    Nobody new will get more from these players than these two this season
  • Is rigor mortis setting in to this thread?
  • So much to buzz about regarding the on field action that we’re getting distracted from the Great Thread.
  • @Redhenry - appreciate you probably cannot say for risk of giving the ‘game away’ but if you can, I would be interested to know if your source is linked directly to the interested party or to the club/a third party.

Only reason I ask is that if RD is trying to drive a higher price from Aussies/others then rumours of loaded Middle Eastern investors sitting in the wings and about to re-visit their offer would be one rumour he may choose to spread.

Please be assured I am not questioning you, you have supplied a number of Items of ITK info on other matters that have proven accurate and clearly show you have an exceptional source of info. I just wonder as to the propensity of this being an internal club source who could be unwittingly caught in a bit of ‘RD meddling’ rather than direct from the interested parties mouths so to speak.

sorry mate
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!