Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• South African cap in the directors box, could mean nothing.

So was there anyone of interest in the directors box apart from the floating ownerless South Africa Hat?
  • edited April 2018

Aussies ain’t got no dough

Muir has 870m...
    CASH. Which honestly is a lot more impressive that multi-billionaires with all their money locked in stocks or real estate or oil patches or up Putin's butt.
  • Could only see Chris Parkes there today. JD seemed to be enjoying himself.

And the guy in the Saffer cap. Confused me at first with it being green and yellow.
  • Mal said:

CAFCsayer said:

Who was the bloke on the camel sat next to a bird in a burkha in the directors box? Any ideas?

Camel looked glamourous -
    Wd ya?
  • Sponsored links:

• Club off the market ??

For the time being maybe. Don't think Roland has ever been that desperate to sell. Not saying he won't mind, just think there could be a bit more distance to tread.

Looking around today, people are starting to come back regardless. There's a bit of a buzz around the place.
    Add to that a lucrative run in with a possible play off semi final and final ahead and all that brings. Shirts & merchandise will be flying off the shelves! ( Heard a few as I was walking out saying they are going to pop in the shop to get the home shirt) as the Bowyer bounce bounds on. And then who knows?
  • People are happy with the performances and Bowyers leadership, the club is still for sale but when, thats the who knows.

Duchatelet has no future or interest in our club, he may be f*€cking about with the sale but I believe it will happen.

Home shirts discounted to £20 may have tempted a few to buy.

• More on our cap magician, it was a fairly old bloke in a cricket/rugby cap with a woman next to him. Thought it was Aussie at first which would’ve been much more interesting but thought it was worth posting incase anyone knew about any South African interest.
  • Shouldn't we change this thread title to "next week becomes maybe the week after next week"?
  • Club off the market ??

For the time being maybe. Don't think Roland has ever been that desperate to sell. Not saying he won't mind, just think there could be a bit more distance to tread.

Looking around today, people are starting to come back regardless. There's a bit of a buzz around the place.
    Add to that a lucrative run in with a possible play off semi final and final ahead and all that brings. Shirts & merchandise will be flying off the shelves! ( Heard a few as I was walking out saying they are going to pop in the shop to get the home shirt) as the Bowyer bounce bounds on. And then who knows?

No chief executive, no finance director, no chairman, no permanent manager, no season tickets. Not really the sign of someone planning to stick around.

Debt circa £70m. Will take more than a few L1 play-off finals to cover that.
    Debt £70m, Napa.

If the club isn't sold soon, one day you'll be proved right.
    And everybody will say, "Napa, take a bow, son" :smile:
  • Redhenry said:

I don't know what or if anything has changed. I assumed the Aussies were about to complete.
    All I know is my mob are still in, but still haven't agreed a price.

So not really relevant then are they (I'm not having a pop at you @Redhenry & always thankful of your posts).

I might like the look of a house in Keston selling for £5m, but if I only offer £250k I can hardly say that I'm "in the game".
  • Redhenry said:

Sounds like we've got LB a bit longer.

Sounds like a takeover is far off in that case
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

I don't know what or if anything has changed. I assumed the Aussies were about to complete.

So not really relevant then are they (I'm not having a pop at you @Redhenry & always thankful of your posts).

I might like the look of a house in Keston selling for £5m, but if I only offer £250k I can hardly say that I'm "in the game".
    I certainly wouldn't call them irrelevant. Do we know if anyone has agreed a price?
  • Redhenry said:

But if you've offered 4.5mil you're very much in the game
  • Club off the market ??

Went in the shop after the game to kill time before my train, place was rammed and queue for the tills was winding around the isles, bowyer bounce seems to be working, heard European & American accents
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I certainly wouldn't call them irrelevant. Do we know if anyone has agreed a price?
    I still say no

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!