Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited April 2018

Redhenry said:

I don't know what or if anything has changed. I assumed the Aussies were about to complete.
    All I know is my mob are still in, but still haven't agreed a price.

So not really relevant then are they (I'm not having a pop at you @Redhenry & always thankful of your posts).

I might like the look of a house in Keston selling for £5m, but if I only offer £250k I can hardly say that I'm "in the game".
    But then you wouldn't have spent £20k odd, on searches, surveyors and architects if you never had a way of getting the £5m
  • and soon next week will become next month, and next month will become next year...
  • Rothko said:

and soon next week will become next month, and next month will become next year...

Correct.
  • Chins up
  • If we win every game by at least 2 goals. I don't care how long it takes for RD to fuck off. He certainly won't be around long.
  • DA9 said:

Club off the market ??

For the time being maybe. Don't think Roland has ever been that desperate to sell. Not saying he won't mind, just think there could be a bit more distance to tread.

Looking around today, people are starting to come back regardless. There's a bit of a buzz around the place.
    Add to that a lucrative run in with a possible play off semi final and final ahead and all that brings. Shirts & merchandise will be flying off the shelves! ( Heard a few as I was walking out saying they are going to pop in the shop to get the home shirt) as the Bowyer bounce bounds on. And then who knows?

Went in the shop after the game to kill time before my train, place was rammed and queue for the tills was winding around the isles, bowyer bounce seems to be working, heard European & American accents
    I think we got a few "new" people at the match yesterday - something to do on a wet Bank Holiday, I imagine a few will have been converted
  • Rothko said:

This can't go on for much longer, we won't have any planning for next season, be that contracts, manager or purchases for the squad, to selling season tickets.

There is a point where business as usual needs to happen, or next season one way or the other is going to be the mother of all clusterfucks.

I doubt RD cares about any of that, he just wants the best price he can get sod our future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:

This can't go on for much longer, we won't have any planning for next season, be that contracts, manager or purchases for the squad, to selling season tickets.

There is a point where business as usual needs to happen, or next season one way or the other is going to be the mother of all clusterfucks.

I would not be so pessimistic. A football club will have players identified for life in either division they find themselves, and I am not sure how many of our players are out of contract this summer, but I did not think we had any?

Season tickets would of course been on sale by now, and I am a bit surprised that Rolly has not tried it on. Numbers for tickets can only go up, unfortunately the same for prices!

As for managers, we have a good one in place and hopefully he would want to stay. If not, managers come and go all the time.

Obviously it would be better if all sorted, but need not be a complete disaster.
  • edited April 2018

Redhenry said:

I don't know what or if anything has changed. I assumed the Aussies were about to complete.

So not really relevant then are they (I'm not having a pop at you @Redhenry & always thankful of your posts).

I might like the look of a house in Keston selling for £5m, but if I only offer £250k I can hardly say that I'm "in the game".
    But if you had the money to buy the house 100 times over and were just biding your time because you'd heard from the estate agent that the other interested party didn't really have enough funds to buy it, then yes you'd be in the game.
  • The takeover won’t happen until it’s determined what league we are in next year I am convinced of that and have been since this all started

Hope you're right mate. Could be a huge disruptive influence of it happens now.
    We've waited this long.
  • <

If a second group are playing catch-up I’m not surprised that RD is waiting to see how that develops.

Providing a sale goes through before or soon after the end of the season I actually think that a lull in proceedings could work for Bowyer and the team and allow them and us focus on what looks like being an exciting season’s end.

Meanwhile contracts don't get renewed and player targets missed, the sale on or off needs sorting very soon. From the academy upwards the players need to know where they stand. Leaving this until the end of the season is too late.
    Spot on with this! No point in getting promoted if half the squad leave and there's no-one to arrange the negotiating of new contracts or signing of new players. Crazy!! But then again, we know RD couldn't give a toss about the playing side - he wouldn't care if we were in League 2 or the bloody National League - he will only sell when he gets his dosh, whether that be in two weeks or two months.
  • Redrobo said:

Rothko said:

I would not be so pessimistic. A football club will have players identified for life in either division they find themselves, and I am not sure how many of our players are out of contract this summer, but I did not think we had any?

Season tickets would of course been on sale by now, and I am a bit surprised that Rolly has not tried it on. Numbers for tickets can only go up, unfortunately the same for prices!

As for managers, we have a good one in place and hopefully he would want to stay. If not, managers come and go all the time.

Obviously it would be better if all sorted, but need not be a complete disaster.
    nor am I BUT at the moment we are playing all the loanees so even losing all them would be a massive blow.

• Redrobo said:

Rothko said:

nor am I BUT at the moment we are playing all the loanees so even losing all them would be a massive blow.

We managed to get Mavididi, Zyro and Kaikai in January despite the club operating on autopilot. We still have a scouting setup, and must be an attractive option for young players, with our location and infrastructure, even with the instability elsewhere
  • DA9 said:

Club off the market ??

For the time being maybe. Don't think Roland has ever been that desperate to sell. Not saying he won't mind, just think there could be a bit more distance to tread.

Looking around today, people are starting to come back regardless. There's a bit of a buzz around the place.
    Add to that a lucrative run in with a possible play off semi final and final ahead and all that brings. Shirts & merchandise will be flying off the shelves! ( Heard a few as I was walking out saying they are going to pop in the shop to get the home shirt) as the Bowyer bounce bounds on. And then who knows?

Went in the shop after the game to kill time before my train, place was rammed and queue for the tills was winding around the isles, bowyer bounce seems to be working, heard European & American accents
    Retail is outsourced though so little of that going to the club.

Shirts heavily discounted too I'm told.

No Prem games so the tourists came to Charlton. All good but not a major shift.

But gate was up, in part to Bowyer bounce and Duchatelet about to go.
  • Redrobo said:

Rothko said:

We managed to get Mavididi, Zyro and Kaikai in January despite the club operating on autopilot. We still have a scouting setup, and must be an attractive option for young players, with our location and infrastructure, even with the instability elsewhere
    Sorry but are you assuming those deals were done on a whim in January? They would have been negotiated months in advance. At the moment nothing is happening at all and that will continue. Attractive option or not nobody is being signed. Players will be looking elsewhere until the owner decides to allow the club to function in some capicity to sign players ,renew contracts organise pre season etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• The takeover won’t happen until it’s determined what league we are in next year I am convinced of that and have been since this all started

This exactly.

RD isn’t going to sell a possible Championship club for League 1 value or any buyers aren’t going to buy a league 1 club for championship value.

I think that once it’s confirmed what league we are in, a deal will then be done.

This exactly.

RD isn’t going to sell a possible Championship club for League 1 value or any buyers aren’t going to buy a league 1 club for championship value.

I think that once it’s confirmed what league we are in, a deal will then be done.

That just makes no sense though.
    You put in the contract that the price now is X, plus Y if we get promoted. That way the new owners get to plan properly for the summer and Roland get's the monthly losses off his hands.
    When has Duchatelet ever done anything that makes sense?

This exactly.

If that is the case then close this thread because we ain't going to know anything until at least May 5th and then maybe not until May 27th.

Of course, if you really wanted the takeover to happen asap then we should have kept Robinson as he would have guaranteed that we would have been mid table by now & no way of extending the season.

As for players out of contract - I don't think there are many (Kashi the only one ?) and 3 of the loanees are unlikely to come back next season (Da Silva, Amos & Mavvy), Kaikai can go back now imo so only really leaves Zyro. I doubt if any, League 1 clubs are discussing new contracts with their current players at the moment & wont be until the season is over. If you want to see how discussing new contracts during the season can disrupt a side try having a look at the recently aired "Class of 92" documentary about Salford FC. Dressing room unrest & open disagreements because some players knew they weren't being kept on & therefore some of their team mates thought that they weren't pulling their weight.
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

I certainly wouldn't call them irrelevant. Do we know if anyone has agreed a price?
    RH. So what exactly are you saying about this group? They made a bid and got knocked back? They are in serious negotiations? They made an enquiry but didn't like the sound of the price?
    Not having a dig, but how are they still 'involved'? What constitutes 'involved' I suppose is what I am asking?

The club must get enquiries every week. What makes this group any different from the many that have probably dissappeared.
  • Is it time for the Trust to contact Murray for an update on the sale and to ask what plans are in place for next season’s ticket prices season tickets etc?
  • edited April 2018

The takeover won’t happen until it’s determined what league we are in next year I am convinced of that and have been since this all started

This exactly.

So the delay is down to Bowyer and Jackson?

I knew we should've kept Karl.
  • There is no significant issue with the existing first-team contracts. Everyone in the first team squad apart from Harry Lennon and Ahmed Kashi (and Jackson, who is retiring as a player) is signed up for next season. I doubt if Lennon is in a strong bargaining position - the club has an option to extend his deal and he isn't playing - while Kashi's future must be doubtful anyway because of his injury record.

More significant is the planning for the future.

Sorry but I disagree with the first para, this assumes assumes players in contract will stay? What happens if they get a better offer? Is the club going to say no? With loanee's also gone there is no team. Meanwhile as every day passes with the club on lockdown, nothing is being organised and every club / agent is circling around to see what happens.

the last para 100% agree.
  • There is no significant issue with the existing first-team contracts. Everyone in the first team squad apart from Harry Lennon and Ahmed Kashi (and Jackson, who is retiring as a player) is signed up for next season. I doubt if Lennon is in a strong bargaining position - the club has an option to extend his deal and he isn't playing - while Kashi's future must be doubtful anyway because of his injury record.

More significant is the planning for the future.

Sorry but I disagree with the first para, this assumes assumes players in contract will stay? What happens if they get a better offer? Is the club going to say no? With loanee's also gone there is no team. Meanwhile as every day passes with the club on lockdown, nothing is being organised and every club / agent is circling around to see what happens.

the last para 100% agree.
    That's a different question, because it implies there is a decision-making process as opposed to there not being one. By default, nothing happens.

I don't disagree that it's potentially damaging but unless decisions are being taken nobody under contract can leave.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!