Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• cafc-west said:
    Surely the answer is in the name... It's only miserable feckers that whinge and want it over by 12:00
  • Not a cave 3blokes, it has to be a shed.
  • Uboat said:

Good effort, Davey.

it was either that or photoshopping an article about Roger Johnson’s new role as head of fan engagement
    Save that one for next year.
  • Just read on another website that we owe RD 57.7 m,can any one say what happens to this debt when and if the club is sold,surely he wont just write it off
  • It will depend on the negotiations but in all likelihood RD will get a % of his debt back as the purchase price of the club and write the rest off.
  • edited April 2018

Just read on another website that we owe RD 57.7 m,can any one say what happens to this debt when and if the club is sold,surely he wont just write it off

'We'? It's RD's debt.
  • Uboat said:

Just read on another website that we owe RD 57.7 m,can any one say what happens to this debt when and if the club is sold,surely he wont just write it off

'We'? It's RD's debt.
    It's the clubs debt owed to RD

In answer to the question, we all know Roland wanted too much the club have he's not going to get it. He will have to write off some of that debt that's for sure
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    And it's already a lot more than £57.7m, because that was the figure (owed to Baton) on June 30th last year. Will be significantly higher by now.
  • Yeah but it’s not a real debt is it? It’s friendly, Rolys gift.
  • Oggy Red said:

Just want to beat Rotherham.

The Saudi/Aussi revolution can wait until 'next week'.

A Saudi takeover will suit CLB74, he's always got the hump.

He loves us really.

He loves us really.
    I think we will find that out, hopefully soon.

He loves us really.
    I hope he remembers us in his will.
  • Redrobo said:

Yeah but it’s not a real debt is it? It’s friendly, Rolys gift.

He loves us really.
    I hope he remembers us in his will.
    I'm sure that is likely to happen; he will remind the executor of exactly how much we owe him.
  • It will depend on the negotiations but in all likelihood RD will get a % of his debt back as the purchase price of the club and write the rest off.

At one of last season's fan meetings, Katrien said that Roland knows he won't get all his money back - but that quote was on the back of the room suggesting that no purchaser would pay off such a mountain of unreasonable debt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

It will depend on the negotiations but in all likelihood RD will get a % of his debt back as the purchase price of the club and write the rest off.

At one of last season's fan meetings, Katrien said that Roland knows he won't get all his money back - but that quote was on the back of the room suggesting that no purchaser would pay off such a mountain of unreasonable debt.
    Knowing how tight fisted Roland is, he's probably lowered his asking price to £56 million.
  • edited April 2018
    Ferryman said:

It will depend on the negotiations but in all likelihood RD will get a % of his debt back as the purchase price of the club and write the rest off.

Is it Roland’s money ? From a fading distant memory of some of the thousands of posts/threads I thought it was intra-group debt that has been building up and that ultimately there is a listed company with multiple shareholders. Can somebody put me right on that if I’m wrong. If I’m right however then it’s likely any recovery will be seen as a result. Also, when is the year end for the company that’s at the top of the tree ?
  • I didn't think they could own 95% of jena?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I didn't think they could own 95% of jena?

I thought RD owned 49,98%.
  • So is this week now next week and next week now next next week

or

is this week last week and next week now this week?
  • FORD said:

So is this week now next week and next week now next next week

or

is this week last week and next week now this week?

I think you’ll find that week was this week
  • Staprix company structure

Think RD owns 95% of Staprix. It means that the debt (£57.7m in mid 2017 and increasing)in the published accounts is owed to Baton 2010 and therefore ultimately to Staprix. IMO no buyer will agree to take on that level of debt. My guess would be that RD will convert the debt to equity then sell 51%+ to the new owners, retaining the balance and benefiting from dividend payments. The new owners might structure the debt to automatically acquire the balance of the equity on promotion to the Premier league. All pure speculation - but I suspect it is the payment structure that is holding things up.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I didn't think they could own 95% of jena?

I thought RD owned 49,98%.
    Indeed, I think that's correct.

However, the information I've posted above is from Companyweb.be which appears to be a reliable compny information resource. Not sure what to make of it.
  • Slight change of theme.
    It seems accepted that the new owners will bring in their new manager and all comments are Harry Kewell. Not starting off negative but is that not what we all hated ( among other things) RD for. It’s Luzon, Fraeye etc again.
    The manager should be the best person for the job not the owners personal favourite. Just saying!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!