Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Steve Hamer.

From Wiki...

In 2002, he sold his interest in the National Sporting Club and worked as a consultant in football club brokerage alongside Keith Harris until his appointment as Chairman of Bristol Rovers in February 2016.[5]

Local lad.
  • Hamers former connection with Harris is more than interesting.
  • Addickted said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm advised the niggles have nothing to do with the splitting of the valley and training ground as that isn't happening so lets not worry about that and i'm also advised that it isn't rd holding it up as he wants out asap

You remind me of a Clairvoyant and spiritualist who beguiles his needy audience and locates the person in the crowd who has a grandmother called Mary and tells them granny is happy on the other side and to go for a check up at the doctor's to cure a little problem that is troubling one.

Of course Douchebag want out ASP but only on his terms which means ASP is taking so long.

Carry on Doucher, it gives you a kick and is quite amusing at times.
    Just passing on what I have been told - I'm not sure how that gives me a kick but anyway
    Problem is, who's been telling you?

Is it Duchatalet or your next door neighbour's milkman?
    does your next door neighbours milkman tell this board correctly what is happening before anybody else - even before the local and national newspapers - on a consistent basis?
  • and no, i've never spoken to duchatalet and neither do i want to
  • Keith Harris was mentioned on page 77.

The only thing Karl Robinson's comment illuminates to me is timing and I don't know what else the bloke is supposed to say even when if he knows anything, which he may not. But Louis is quite entitled to ask him. It doesn't change the fact there is a live due diligence process involving the club's lawyers or the fact that Keith Harris is acting on behalf of the club to broker a sale.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/77551/duchatelets-sale-of-charlton-pg-610-suspect-this-week-will-soon-become-next-week/p77
  • Imagine having an owner who says they're going to build something and then doesn't! Ha ha ha! Stupid old Bristol.
  • orvill as manager?
  • Redhenry, I may of missed it somewhere but why are ‘your Lot’ better than the Aussie’s other than possibly having a little more money perhaps, just asking???

Money
  • A Saturday evening quiz.
    With little clues with red herrings henry
    Doucher and Airman brown.
    Sure Beats ant and dec takeaway.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can confirm the Takeover is being held up at the moment, don’t know who by or why.

Just thought I’d pass this little bit of information on.

All the while this takes at least means Bow remains caretaker.
  • Redhenry said:

J BLOCK said:

Redhenry said:

Sounds like my mob aren't done yet

Like the f******* Okey cokey.

Give it a rest!
    It’s very simple - DONT OPEN THE TAKEOVER THREAD IF YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT.
    This

I was wondering what's going on, the same as the rest of us Charlton fans. Just passing on what I have been told. Really pleased they are still around as I assumed they had gone.
    Won’t please the lefties mate if your mob are still here
    Israeli then.

(Bit of politics there)
    Oh Luzon will be back then
  • Aren't we playing Bristol Rovers next week? Time for swapsies?
  • Time to change thread title wording from "next week" to "week after next"
  • I'm surprised there hasn't been a forum melt down given the new info that's been shared!
  • Steve Hamer.

From Wiki...

In 2002, he sold his interest in the National Sporting Club and worked as a consultant in football club brokerage alongside Keith Harris until his appointment as Chairman of Bristol Rovers in February 2016.[5]

Was once a director in ' The great Australian pie company ltd"

There you have it!
  • edited April 2018
    Fayd al-Soori.

I hear the PL is his ambition.
  • This all leading up nicely to a big big announcement on April the 1st.

Watch this space.....
  • Sponsored links:

• April fools day.
  • edited April 2018

Steve Hamer.

From Wiki...

Local lad.
    Played for Bromley. Worked alongside Brain Moore at LWT on The Big Match for 10 years.
  • I've left this thread alone for the coupla days, shame it weren't a couple longer
  • So Ben Hamer's buying us?
  • edited April 2018
    Red Henry's Lot

Don't look back whatever you do.

• I'm surprised there hasn't been a forum melt down given the new info that's been shared!

Too many false dawns mate. Let’s just be a little more patient and see how things play out.

Something tells me there may well be a couple more twists and turns to go yet!
  • Not sure about getting in an experienced CEO who's worked in football before.

Aren't there any failed lawyers who's parents are friends with the new owner who can take on the role?

"CEO", though? "Chairman" being discussed above. Not trying to be pedantic, there is quite an important difference at a fooball club.

I suppose if he came in as chairman, his role would be to "represent the interest of the investor".

• Not sure about getting in an experienced CEO who's worked in football before.

Aren't there any failed lawyers who's parents are friends with the new owner who can take on the role?

"CEO", though? "Chairman" being discussed above. Not trying to be pedantic, there is quite an important difference at a fooball club.

I suppose if he came in as chairman, his role would be to "represent the interest of the investor".

Chairman not CEO
  • In a way I'm not in so much of a rush for the takeover at the moment.

Bowyer doesnt seem to be the preferred choice for any new owners yet is producing the results that could see us Promoted (rather than a new man leaving us in League One for another season)

Of course, we need to hope that the takeover happens in the summer, as cant see Roland letting us strengthen else!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!