Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• agim said:

Why have my posts received 5 lol's?

Nothing against you agim, but we have heard it all before. Not going to believe It's happening until we get an official statement from the club.
  • iamdan said:

Done deal, RD just seeing what extra money he can get for Kevin Lisbie scoring in the legends game.

I think the thing with Gomez is strange. Unless we have a hefty sell on clause? Gomez is rated at 50m. If we've got 10% then I'd imagine RD ups the clubs worth by 5m
  • Think it was Lee Bowyer going to Liverpool for £9m a few years back and we had a sell on clause that would have seen us have a windfall but nothing materialised .
    So if Joe Gomez doesn’t ever get sold or his form drops that’s £5m that never existed in reality , ok he could get better and be sold for £100m but I doubt it
  • If the ducktape fool is arguing over potential selling clauses, the buyers should be seeking compo for Pope not having one. Somebody needs to tell this pathetic little excuse for a man to F off.

My friend also said Gomez playing for the full England team is becoming a factor. Maybe we are due a payment after 10 apperances? He could reach that after the world Cup. RD is trying to recoup every last penny!
  • Sponsored links:

• i know of three clubs that have put clauses into the sale of their respective clubs where the out going parties have up to 50% future sell on clause on all players in the squad at the time of the clubs sale

can imagine that old bstd still getting a % on Konsa. Aribo, Fosu, Dijksteel etc as part of his goodbye
  • iamdan said:

Done deal, RD just seeing what extra money he can get for Kevin Lisbie scoring in the legends game.

Not to mention the clause he would receive if Roger Johnson calls one more Bromley player a c&nt during a game. Rojo was sent off yesterday and has to serve a one game ban.
    It’s going to be at least 2 weeks before Roly sells now.
  • Shouldn’t hold anything up though, just build it into any sale.

And then knock the wanker when Gomez has played his 10 games.
  • i know of three clubs that have put clauses into the sale of their respective clubs where the out going parties have up to 50% future sell on clause on all players in the squad at the time of the clubs sale

can imagine that old bstd still getting a % on Konsa. Aribo, Fosu, Dijksteel etc as part of his goodbye

• Good to know that Valley Gold money of old will (potentially) be funding that old twunt further down the line .
    I hope ROT continue to fuck with that old scrote .
    I’m gonna come back as Dexter in a future life and open him up like a tin of beans
  • I'm a bit fuzzy on the DD process so correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't sell on fees/appearance fees for the likes of Gomez/Lookman have already been factored into the overall club valuation? Gomez had already played for England before any DD happened as well didn't he?
  • edited March 2018

As Duchatelet's raison d'etre was to run Charlton as a factory farm for young players before selling them to the highest bidder at some point in this food chain, then I can believe the Joe Gomez transfer is an issue.

The best Academy player we have produced this century went to Liverpool for £3.5 million with multiple add -ons ; so not only would Duchatelet's legal team have made sure that the usual appearances for Liverpool, England etc were included, BUT the protential next transfer could be the problem.

Michy Batshuayi transferred to Marseille for 4.5 million from standard Liege. The next move was to Chelsea for £33 million and this is where Roland made 30% according to the European media.

The devil's in the detail and Duchatelet wants the money for himself after selling the club.
    I could well imagine the old Walloon is playing the long game on every possible revenue stream that could flow to him or his next of kin in the future.

The fans, players, staff and the new owners are the victims of Duchatelet's intractable personality.

"intractable personality" should read intractable 'sociopathic' personality.
  • Sponsored links:

• surely this would be the case
  • I'm a bit fuzzy on the DD process so correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't sell on fees/appearance fees for the likes of Gomez/Lookman have already been factored into the overall club valuation? Gomez had already played for England before any DD happened as well didn't he?

Yes. And any add-on clauses are included at the time of contract so I don't see why this can be a delaying issue now.

I think the sale may have happened but we are waiting for EFL to ratify.
  • DOUCHER said:

I'm advised the niggles have nothing to do with the splitting of the valley and training ground as that isn't happening so lets not worry about that and i'm also advised that it isn't rd holding it up as he wants out asap

That is re-assuring.
  • DOUCHER said:

I'm advised the niggles have nothing to do with the splitting of the valley and training ground as that isn't happening so lets not worry about that and i'm also advised that it isn't rd holding it up as he wants out asap

This can only be good news if correct

You'd have thought so, yes, but these things are also more fluid over a relatively short period of time than you'd think. Back in August/September, none of Gomez, Lookman, JBG or Pope were regular starters for their EPL clubs (some due to injury). At that stage not even the appearance based add-ons were real and visible, let alone England appearances.

In the case of Gomez, it's likely that the number of appearances for Liverpool are a much bigger part of the deal than England caps, as these are more aligned with the interests of the party that negotiated the deal. Indeed, it may be more significant to RD's cash flow than the England question - Joe is now injured again and out for several weeks, marooned on 39 appearances (incl. subs). Maybe this unfortunate injury is now delaying a substantial payment triggered by his 40th appearance?

Whether thus is significant to RD or the deal is pure guesswork, as most of the stuff on this thread, and will depend on whether a man worth a billion Euros considers the odd £250k around the edges to be a trifling sum or something worth digging in for. And I'm sure we all have a personal view on that.
  • And he loses money whilst he waits! But the man may be rich but we should have all worked out by now that he isn't all there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!