Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• sam3110 said:

Bored of it all.

Thank god we look a better side under Bowyer cos if fatty was still here I’d be beyond caring.

After one game, no matter how well we played, I don't think we can decide if the football is fundamentally better
    After the shite under gobinson it couldn't get any worse
  • sam3110 said:

Bored of it all.

Thank god we look a better side under Bowyer cos if fatty was still here I’d be beyond caring.

After one game, no matter how well we played, I don't think we can decide if the football is fundamentally better
    Literally couldn’t get any shitter
  • edited March 2018

So....

we thought it would happen:

end of November
    December 5th
    by Xmas
    by the New Year
    before the end of the Jan transfer window
    in a couple of weeks
    by the end of February
    early this week
    before the end of this week

I'm wondering if a pattern is beginning to emerge?

You ok hen :smiley:

• Perhaps our Dear Leader wants the utmost secrecy so he can set as many bidders as possible against each other without them knowing each other's identity, thus preventing any collusion on price. He has complete control of the bidding, just as he wants complete control over everything. It's how he is.
  • Immediate emergency care course done......The takeover can now happen.
  • Uboat said:

cfgs said:

Immediate emergency care course done......The takeover can now happen.

Roland reads the above comment, picks up phone, 'You may proceed....with the delays'.
    Fixed it for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

I still cannot fathom out how some in the know can tel us who the manager will be, who the chairman will be, how much was paid for the club, and when the deal is going to go through; but still no one has much of a clue as to who it is.

What I also don’t get is, why is it such a secret? I am deeply suspicious of those who do not wish to be identified. What have they got to hide?

I think the clue is in the 'in the know bit'. Except they are not. Not even Richard Murray is in the know.
  • I'm ITK. It will happen manana.
  • edited March 2018
    Right thats it, ive had enough this is a fu**ing big wind up if they dont get there fu**ing finger out and complete by midnight tonight,yes midnight tonight!! Im gonna completely and utterly,even if we win tomorrow, boycott fu**ing
    red bull !!!
  • Uboat said:

cfgs said:

Immediate emergency care course done......The takeover can now happen.

Roland reads the above comment, picks up phone, 'You may proceed'.
    Nah I asked the convicts very nicely to wait for me.....Not sure if the word convict was detrimental to the deal or not.
  • edited March 2018
    Cant we just all club together and buy a huge industrial sized vat of "Belgian Removal Cream"?
  • That will be plan B
  • sam3110 said:

Bored of it all.

3 months of shite and a freshen up pr9v3s it is better
  • Cant we just all club together and buy a huge industrial sized vat of "Belgian Removal Cream"?

That's what I call Preparation H.
  • edited March 2018
  • Redrobo said:

I still cannot fathom out how some in the know can tel us who the manager will be, who the chairman will be, how much was paid for the club, and when the deal is going to go through; but still no one has much of a clue as to who it is.

What I also don’t get is, why is it such a secret? I am deeply suspicious of those who do not wish to be identified. What have they got to hide?

It's not a secret though, doucher said they were Aussies or British ......................................................

Though he then said that he doesn't know who they are ........................................

But one of his cast iron saucers know who it is .............. or was that sauces ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

It seems to me most of these so-called news sites get most of their stuff about CAFC's sale straight from this very board and then repackage it to make it sound researched. And then it gets recycled on here and then we think because it comes from a so-called "press source" that it makes it real. But in reality, it's just our own speculation coming back to us in an echo chamber.

excuse me ? ...................................................................................................................... cuse me ?

• Redrobo said:

It's not a secret though, doucher said they were Aussies or British ......................................................

Though he then said that he doesn't know who they are ........................................

But one of his cast iron saucers know who it is .............. or was that sauces ?
    All we do know is no one has been on the money yet, even the newspapers. Reporters usually sniff out what is going on but they just seem to be recycling rumours. Thought they were better than that.
  • Redrobo said:

Pedro45 said:

You'd have to say from reading the spiel on the Oz consortium website that a big part of their plans is to make whichever club they choose a household name in Australia. To do that,and I'm just speculating here, the whole set up will need a real Australian flavour to give the club some appeal back home, hence the arrival of Kewell. This would be followed I guess with a fair smuttering of Australian youngsters filtering through the academy and probably more coaches with an Oz background and sporting philosophy.
    Whether that really is the best way forward for this club only time will tell I guess. The distance between the two different spheres of interest couldn't be worse geographically in my opinion.
    There will be a fair amount of scepticism around on the Charlton supporters part and rightly so.
    Yes it's not Duchatelet. But could we be moving from one harebraned scheme to another??

Is that a new collective noun? A smuttering of Australians? - it works. Although fair is not an appropriate term to use in relation to Ozzie’s at the moment.

Also I think quantities of distance is more to do with a matter of fact than opinion.
    Surely it should be a "scratching" of Australians?
    I think it is a "conviction of Australians".
    If it’s a group of Aussies it’s a “Mob” so henceforth they will be known as the “A Mob”
  • You'd have to say from reading the spiel on the Oz consortium website that a big part of their plans is to make whichever club they choose a household name in Australia. To do that,and I'm just speculating here, the whole set up will need a real Australian flavour to give the club some appeal back home, hence the arrival of Kewell. This would be followed I guess with a fair smuttering of Australian youngsters filtering through the academy and probably more coaches with an Oz background and sporting philosophy.
    Whether that really is the best way forward for this club only time will tell I guess. The distance between the two different spheres of interest couldn't be worse geographically in my opinion.
    There will be a fair amount of scepticism around on the Charlton supporters part and rightly so.
    Yes it's not Duchatelet. But could we be moving from one harebraned scheme to another??

I know it's only been pointed out a few hundred times, but these Aussie youngster's would not get work permits.
    Unless they have a British parent or Grandparent. Maybe even European whilst we are still part of the eu.
  • TEL said:

Redrobo said:

Pedro45 said:

You'd have to say from reading the spiel on the Oz consortium website that a big part of their plans is to make whichever club they choose a household name in Australia. To do that,and I'm just speculating here, the whole set up will need a real Australian flavour to give the club some appeal back home, hence the arrival of Kewell. This would be followed I guess with a fair smuttering of Australian youngsters filtering through the academy and probably more coaches with an Oz background and sporting philosophy.

Is that a new collective noun? A smuttering of Australians? - it works. Although fair is not an appropriate term to use in relation to Ozzie’s at the moment.

Also I think quantities of distance is more to do with a matter of fact than opinion.
    Surely it should be a "scratching" of Australians?
    I think it is a "conviction of Australians".
    If it’s a group of Aussies it’s a “Mob” so henceforth they will be known as the “A Mob”
    Mob is the collective word for a group of kangaroos, so there you have it from @TEL whose let one slip, so obviously ITK and conclusive proof it's a consortium of kangaroos.
  • So....

end of November
    December 5th
    by Xmas
    by the New Year
    in a couple of weeks
    by the end of February
    early this week

Just to lift the mood I'll add some more

in the next 2 weeks
    before the end of April
    before the end of the season
    before the start of the pre season friendlies
    before the start of the season
    and repeat......

So....

end of November
    December 5th
    by Xmas
    by the New Year
    in a couple of weeks
    by the end of February
    early this week

Just to lift the mood I'll add some more

in the next 2 weeks
    before the end of April
    before the end of the season
    before the start of the pre season friendlies
    before the start of the season
    and repeat......
    You should get a promote for that. Most accurate post on the thread, regardless of what some of the ballbag mods think :triumph:
  • Comedian Adger Brown to host Player of the Year event

About as exciting as it gets at the moment, yawn!

He’s very good tbf

• Swisdom said:

Comedian Adger Brown to host Player of the Year event

About as exciting as it gets at the moment, yawn!

He’s very good tbf

How can he be, he’s bald on top!
  • Richard Murray has apparently warned Lee Bowyer that Mondays home game against Rotherham could be his last as caretaker manager.
  • Richard Murray has apparently warned Lee Bowyer that Mondays home game against Rotherham could be his last as caretaker manager.

Take over must be happening early next week then

; )
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!