Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited March 2018

Airman. What was the significant of your comment yesterday 'payday tomorrow'?

Another tranche of money for RD to pay out. If you look at the last two takeovers they were on Dec 31st and Jan 2nd, which isn’t entirely a concidence.
  • cafcwill said:

There's tax implications for Roland depending if he's made a profit or loss this tax year too.

Assuming he's made another loss, that would indicate he wants a pre-end of tax year sale?

Does that sound right? As we have under 4 business days left of this tax year

The club’s accounting period is July to June.
    Yes, but the Belgian tax year is the same as the calendar year, so he might not care.
  • Airman. What was the significant of your comment yesterday 'payday tomorrow'?

Another tranche of money for RD to pay out. If you look at the last two takeovers they were on Dec 31st and Jan 2nd, which isn’t entirely a concidence.
    Thanks Airman. Fingers crossed then for today :smiley:
  • At the point of any sale, any moneys to be paid or owed, are then calculated aren't they? So I can't see how any of this will influence a £50 million odd sale. And I would've personally thought that that was all ironed out by now, but then what I know about this sort of thing could be written on the back of a stamp
  • .. hold up, the milkman turns up for his money on a Thursday night, so maybe RD's trying to offload before 19:30 today.......
  • cafcfan said:

cafcwill said:

There's tax implications for Roland depending if he's made a profit or loss this tax year too.

Assuming he's made another loss, that would indicate he wants a pre-end of tax year sale?

Does that sound right? As we have under 4 business days left of this tax year

The club’s accounting period is July to June.
    Yes, but the Belgian tax year is the same as the calendar year, so he might not care.
    The point I was making was that the UK tax year is irrelevant since it doesn’t correspond to Charlton’s accounting period.
    This. Not only is the UK tax year irrelevant in terms of Charlton's accounting period it has nothing whatsoever to do with losses made by a Belgian national who owns any number of Belgian and other overseas companies. The thought that he may be keen to crystallise a gain/loss here in this tax year to offset any other profits/losses is a complete red herring. indeed if that were the case 31 December 2017 would have been the key date as we are the only country still operating on a 300 year old fiscal year which increasingly has no relevance to modern business.
  • All I know is that the seats at Sixfields are particularly uncomfortable.

So, I'm expecting lots of hot, cross, bums...

Reaches for the missing groan button...
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

Latest I've heard (as in within the last hour) is the takeover is all on track, just sorting out a few niggling points and best bet is it will be done within a fortnight - that is from one of my cast iron sources

Fingers crossed, although no-one's cast iron sources seem to be coming out with any credit.
  • DOUCHER said:

Latest I've heard (as in within the last hour) is the takeover is all on track, just sorting out a few niggling points and best bet is it will be done within a fortnight - that is from one of my cast iron sources

Aussies?
  • The fact is, nobody knows, apart from those at the coal face.
    If true, the Rumour that another bidder is going through DD will naturally delay it, RD could be moving goal posts, so could any potential buyer wanting more bang for their buck/Aussie dollar.
  • DOUCHER said:

Aussies?
    I don't know - aussies or brits I presume - I don't know for sure but I'm taking the Arabic panther with a pinch of salt
  • DOUCHER said:

That'll be the milk bill
  • Are we still confident any sale includes The Valley and Sparrows Lane?
  • Are we still confident any sale includes The Valley and Sparrows Lane?

Depends what red bull want
  • This sale isn't for 50m upfront! RD is taking a big fat loss, so the date of closing is irrelevant for tax reasons!
  • DOUCHER said:

I would have expected it to be down to no niggling little points by now and in the general course of things these can be sorted in no time if you have a willing buyer and a willing seller. It certainly shouldn't take two weeks.

The selling company is Belgian and unless there is a complexity to the transaction which involves other territories such as tax havens for the buyers etc. then this should not be a cause for delay.

Law firms all over the country are closing down for Easter so unless RD wants the legal costs to inflate beyond what they already must be, then there is a more fundamental problem than niggling little issues.

Or it could get done today and there are no niggling little issues -

The light at the end of the tunnel is in fact the 9.30 to Hull .
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Aussies?
    I don't know - aussies or brits I presume - I don't know for sure but I'm taking the Arabic panther with a pinch of salt
    Is that anything like sex panther?
  • Sponsored links:

• So the peninsular move is back on, ffs.
  • supaclive said:

This sale isn't for 50m upfront! RD is taking a big fat loss, so the date of closing is irrelevant for tax reasons!

Interesting, the Belgium 20 and others have said in the past they heard he'll be making a profit.

If he was going to make a profit you'd think he'd have got it done fairly quickly.
  • DOUCHER said:

Is that the scrap metal dealer in Eastmoor St
  • DOUCHER said:

I would have expected it to be down to no niggling little points by now and in the general course of things these can be sorted in no time if you have a willing buyer and a willing seller. It certainly shouldn't take two weeks.

The selling company is Belgian and unless there is a complexity to the transaction which involves other territories such as tax havens for the buyers etc. then this should not be a cause for delay.

Law firms all over the country are closing down for Easter so unless RD wants the legal costs to inflate beyond what they already must be, then there is a more fundamental problem than niggling little issues.

Or it could get done today and there are no niggling little issues -

The light at the end of the tunnel is in fact the 9.30 to Hull .
    Only passing on what I've been told - maybe my hunch that i stated many months ago, that he will sell once the division we are in next season is known, will prove to be right or maybe there are some niggling issues. Who knows, I don't but we are being sold and the team are back playing well, so I'm cool with it baby.
  • thenewbie said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Aussies?
    Is that anything like sex panther?
    What is a sex panther? is it linked to dogging? does it / he / she exist?
  • DOUCHER said:

Blimey how many do you have ? Do you know Gypsy Lee ?
  • It's always two weeks away. What did we do to the gods that they must punish us with this eternal mingling of hope and despair.
  • If it is a "done deal", I can't see why they can't issue a joint statement to say what the situation is and put the fans minds at rest. If it ain't a "done deal", I can understand why they wouldn't do this, but all this cloak and dagger stuff is doing my head in....ffs
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!