Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Payday at Charlton tomorrow.

Let's hope it's Duchatalet.

• edited March 2018
  • edited March 2018

Curb_It said:

Tomorrow is Holy Thursday... in biblical terms it means roughly:

Holy Thursday Is the Christian holy day falling on the Thursday before Easter. It commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus Christ (Roland?) with the Apostles {Charlton fans} as described in the gospels.

I believe!!

You forgot the bit about Mary Magdalene and her cleanings of JC wounds with mixture of vinager.
    Holy Week the most important week of the year

On psalm Sunday the story of the big JC being betrayed and then killed always moving

And now the rising from the dead May be quite the prophetic response to RD story
  • Payday at Charlton tomorrow.

The Queen's popping in and paying everyone with maundy money. (Just read that back to myself and I'd typed the "The Queen's pooping in..." which would have been a whole different thing entirely.)
  • I have a good feeling. Today is the day!
  • I am starting to feel it’s very close...
  • edited March 2018
    @cabbles I just don't see a 'successful' business man with a massive ego who doesn't do failure going down an Administration route at the considerable cost of paying an Insolvency Practitioner. Why would he risk a fire sale of his business (CAFC) if he can do better selling it as a going concern and playing hardball on a sale price which he is doing now apparently. By not paying the wages would be the act of a madman mugging himself off and as much as I detest him, I don't think he is quite that. He might have a nasty streak in him but when it comes to losing even more money, the financial considerations and saving face, will win over seeking revenge.

It's a waiting game, every day we are closer to being rid of his evil clutches and patience is a virtue :wink: .
  • Happy easter if takeover happens.
  • We were talking about happy Christmas if it happens.

Despondency is setting in.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    I think the only sign we will have is that this site will crash and all of us will be left stressing and unable to add our incisive wit.
  • edited March 2018
    Why?? Harry will know little about our squad. Leave Bowyer in charge until the end of the season & consider Kewell in the summer when he will have time to get to know our players & therefore the chance to succeed.
  • It’s nothing that we don’t already know. The whole article just appears to have been recycled from snippets taken from various sources. #MoveOn #NothingToSee
  • Will Easter bring in the re-birth of our football club?

• RedChaser said:

@cabbles I just don't see a 'successful' business man with a massive ego who doesn't do failure going down an Administration route at the considerable cost of paying an Insolvency Practitioner. Why would he risk a fire sale of his business (CAFC) if he can do better selling it as a going concern and playing hardball on a sale price which he is doing now apparently. By not paying the wages would be the act of a madman mugging himself off and as much as I detest him, I don't think he is quite that. He might have a nasty streak in him but when it comes to losing even more money, the financial considerations and saving face, will win over seeking revenge.

It's a waiting game, every day we are closer to being rid of his evil clutches and patience is a virtue :wink: .

Cheers red
  • Curb_It said:

Tomorrow is Holy Thursday... in biblical terms it means roughly:

Holy Thursday Is the Christian holy day falling on the Thursday before Easter. It commemorates the Last Supper of Jesus Christ (Roland?) with the Apostles {Charlton fans} as described in the gospels.

I believe!!

Shall I know up a quick crucifix?
  • I don't wanna piss on no one's cornflakes, but without knowing how true / accurate the Tweets are this morning, would anyone else feel its a bit of an anti-climax if people with "strong links" to a foreign football league were the new owner(s)?
  • I don't wanna piss on no one's cornflakes, but without knowing how true / accurate the Tweets are this morning, would anyone else feel its a bit of an anti-climax if people with "strong links" to a foreign football league were the new owner(s)?

It's links to the AFL, Essendon, an Aussie Rules team of which Andrew Muir is a director.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn’t mind a couple of Aussie rules players to beef up our defence

It's links to the AFL, Essendon, an Aussie Rules team of which Andrew Muir is a director.
    Why don't they make their own name up then, football is the English invented game, where one kicks the ball. Not the shit charlatan sports played in America or Australia
  • We have Association Football and Rugby Football only formalised in what 1870? if you think about the historical connection of these former colonies and the development of the game back in the day you can kind of understand it I think.

This is interesting https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Australia

• edited March 2018
    razil said:

We have Association Football and Rugby Football only formalised in what 1870? if you think about the historical connection of these former colonies and the development of the game back in the day you can kind of understand it I think.

I always thought American football started when some guy said “I know what we can do to stave off hunger, gettin killed by disease or indigenous people, let’s play a spot of rugby! They used to play that back home”. “Okay boss, how’d we play?” “Errrrrrmmm...”

And that’s how it was born.
  • Can’t see payday making any difference tbh. Would have thought any deal to buy would simply involve a price. Running costs up to the date of sale being covered by RD and after by the new owner. So if we complete a day before payday RD will lodge sufficient to cover the months pay minus a day and new owners will cover a day.

Philip Aiken loosely ties to something someone told me about a property man involved.
  • razil said:

We have Association Football and Rugby Football only formalised in what 1870? if you think about the historical connection of these former colonies and the development of the game back in the day you can kind of understand it I think.

With Blackheath Football Club being founder members of both the FA and the RFU.
  • Swisdom said:

Will Easter bring in the re-birth of our football club?

Hope so. Or at least get a lot of crosses in during the next couple of games.
  • Davo55 said:

Swisdom said:

Will Easter bring in the re-birth of our football club?

Hope so. Or at least get a lot of crosses in during the next couple of games.
    I thought that was strange comment - but I've just got it! A slow start to my day.....
  • Leave Bowyer in charge until the end of the season....so i can at least claim a win on the bet!!

But in all seriousness, next season could be a clean slate for a manager under a new owner.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!