Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Pedro45 said:

JamesSeed said:

Pedro45 said:

So as we are well past 2,000,000 views on this thread, can we lay down some of the important statistics?

1. Who has made the most posts on this thread?

2. Who has had the most likes on this thread?

3. Who has received the most LOL's?

4. Who has been flagged most?

5. Who has written the most words on this thread (overall, and in a single post)?

My betting is on

1/ @JamesSeed
    2/ @Airman Brown
    3/ @DOUCHER
    4/ @AFKABartram
    5/ @JamesSeed and @Grapevine49

Quantity not quality.
    That's what we like - Forums that are full of opinion ;-)
    I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near the most prolific poster, but if I am my excuse is I've recently retired, and the weather's been 'orrible. And the Mrs doesn't get home from work til half past nine.
  • addick05 said:

Oh crap I'm gonna end up being the most hated bloke on the forum when Kewell gets announced tomorrow afternoon ain't I ;)

From what I have gleaned, when pressed on the subject, HK dismissed the idea of leaving Crawley, although he was very praiseworthy when it came to CAFC. Maybe the media (and many of us on here) have just got it wrong?
    Not dismissing the possibility of him becoming manager at some stage IF the Aussies succeed in their takeover, but would be surprised if he was appointed anytime soon.
    I agree with you but Bowyer drifting out that far when he is the encumbent (he was 4/5 not so long ago) would suggest to me that there must be something to it. I know that bookies follow the money to a certain degree but I can't imagine they would let Bowyer drift that far unless they have some ears to the ground?
  • Wow, I'm a market mover !
    Just stuck my £5 on Bowyer with Skybet and he's gone from 16 to 12/1.

Which just proves how small the market is and how the odds follow the money.
  • Just stuck £5 on Bowyer at 12/1
  • edited March 2018
    addick05 said:

Oh crap I'm gonna end up being the most hated bloke on the forum when Kewell gets announced tomorrow afternoon ain't I ;)

From what I have gleaned, when pressed on the subject, HK dismissed the idea of leaving Crawley, although he was very praiseworthy when it came to CAFC. Maybe the media (and many of us on here) have just got it wrong?
    Not dismissing the possibility of him becoming manager at some stage IF the Aussies succeed in their takeover, but would be surprised if he was appointed anytime soon.
    True and KR said he had decided not to talk to Oxford.
    This was a week before he became their manager and possibly about a month after he had started talking to them.
  • You'd have to say from reading the spiel on the Oz consortium website that a big part of their plans is to make whichever club they choose a household name in Australia. To do that,and I'm just speculating here, the whole set up will need a real Australian flavour to give the club some appeal back home, hence the arrival of Kewell. This would be followed I guess with a fair smuttering of Australian youngsters filtering through the academy and probably more coaches with an Oz background and sporting philosophy.
    Whether that really is the best way forward for this club only time will tell I guess. The distance between the two different spheres of interest couldn't be worse geographically in my opinion.
    There will be a fair amount of scepticism around on the Charlton supporters part and rightly so.
    Yes it's not Duchatelet. But could we be moving from one harebraned scheme to another??

Yes I believe so
    It would depend if the new lot view winning football games and being successful as their main objective. If they do, then it being aligned with an Aussie theme would not be the same as the Belgian experiment in my opinion.
  • edited March 2018
    Pedro45 said:

So as we are well past 2,000,000 views on this thread, can we lay down some of the important statistics?

5. Who has written the most words on this thread (overall, and in a single post)?

My betting is on

1/ @JamesSeed
    2/ @Airman Brown
    3/ @DOUCHER
    4/ @AFKABartram

Have you seen what Dazzler has done Pedro? Has to be worth at least a flag! :wink:
  • Pedro45 said:

My betting is on

1/ @JamesSeed
    2/ @Airman Brown
    3/ @DOUCHER
    4/ @AFKABartram

Have you seen what Dazzler has done Pedro? Has to be worth at least a flag! :wink:
    Not the first time that's happened to me!

Yes - the size of the market on next Charlton Athletic Manager is tiny and any bet above say £20 would see a price slashed. The only people who tend to bet on these sort of markets are likely to be those in the know.

• lol RD's plane is spotted landing at London Stansted only days after Kim Jong-un's train pulls into Beijing
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    bobmunro said:

Wow, I'm a market mover !

Yes - the size of the market on next Charlton Athletic Manager is tiny and any bet above say £20 would see a price slashed. The only people who tend to bet on these sort of markets are likely to be those in the know.

Must be popular with the bookies then ;-)

I was half way through opening an account with Skybet when the odds were cut. Damn. Could someone have £20 on Kewell please, and maybe Bowyer'll drift out again.
    A double on Bowyer and promotion should pay around 168/1, but can't figure out how to put the bet on.
  • You won’t be able to put that in a double, as it’s special markets
  • You won’t be able to put that in a double, as it’s special markets

That makes sense, cheers.
  • I tried to get a max bet on kewell @WH when the market went out last week offered me 7/4 tried for 50 went to the traders for referral and came back and said my max stake was 0. Then to rub my nose in it they immediately slashed the odds to 1/1 despite me not getting a penny on.

These markets only exsist to try and tempt people in to backing the stupid outsiders they put in the list that cant win, the bookies have a good idea who it might be and don't lay anything.
  • Duchatalet's team is without a doubt putting out fake news to different 'sources' and planning on it leaking.

I just hope it's not pissing off the potential new owners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Duchatalet's team is without a doubt putting out fake news to different 'sources' and planning on it leaking.

I just hope it's not pissing off the potential new owners.

i think his been doing that for a long time,but my source still says Red Bull
  • Most people’s reliable contacts haven’t proved as reliable as they would hope. At the end of the day, those contacts are not close to Duchâtelet and he’s the only one that matters

From what I can tell, and have heard, even those close to Duchatelet sometimes don’t know what he’s doing next or about to do.
    RD doesn't know what he's doing next or about to.
  • So, if it's not tomorrow then surely it won't happen over the Easter holiday period?
  • Does Roland really care how long he has to wait? In the meantime he is enjoying the vinegar pissers getting all wound up and exited with all the leaked "reliable source" information. A seventy year old with very deep pockets is hardly going to be concerned or lose sleep over the odd million here or there, especially if he believes he has competition for his assets. I think the old goat is probably enjoying watching his detractors growing frustrations.
  • French takeover coming?

• All the ITK people have gone very quiet again.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!