Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I got tickets for Monday on the basis that this would all be sewn up by now. I suspect others did the same.
    It looks like this will be a slow revolution, with RD's influence slowly melting away, rather than the sudden one we were anticipating.
  • Manana, just as I predicted months ago.
  • CafcSCP said:

Mal said:
    If that’s our lot, then there’s a good balance.
    One guy who knows about turning things around and another who you’d expect to have a significant amount of cash.
    Hopefully there’s some shrewd investors to add to that
    Wondering if Aiken is involved in this? If the Aussies still are, I have no idea but a mate knows him and says he is a good man.
  • Curb_It said:

CafcSCP said:

Mal said:
    If that’s our lot, then there’s a good balance.
    One guy who knows about turning things around and another who you’d expect to have a significant amount of cash.
    Hopefully there’s some shrewd investors to add to that
    Wondering if Aiken is involved in this? If the Aussies still are, I have no idea but a mate knows him and says he is a good man.
    Now that it seems were beginning to know some names behind the Aussie bid, and reading some facts about them, I dont feel so concerned about their takeover, and if Paul Elliot was to become CEO or Chairman, it would seem to be a shrewd move, which in my eyes would cast doubt on Kewell becoming Manager right away.
  • Uboat said:

I got tickets for Monday on the basis that this would all be sewn up by now. I suspect others did the same.
    It looks like this will be a slow revolution, with RD's influence slowly melting away, rather than the sudden one we were anticipating.

I bought tickets for Monday on the same assumption. I hope there is a decent turnout still on the basis that we are due to be taken over. regardless, first game at the Valley after the sale i'll still be attending.
  • I’m sure others have said this before, but I have a funny feeling nothing will happen until it’s know which division we’ll be playing in next season. That would explain the delays maybe.
  • They could just write that into the contract though couldn't they? i.e. if we go up Roland gets X amount more? I'm not much of a businessman though
    JamesSeed said:

I’m sure others have said this before, but I have a funny feeling nothing will happen until it’s know which division we’ll be playing in next season. That would explain the delays maybe.

• If a deal is stalling on the new buyer waiting to see what division we'll be in next season, they obviously haven't got any long term plans, or idea about football** in general.

**the original, English type
  • Sponsored links:

• Utterly crazy that this "Kewell quitting within 48 hours and said good bye to his players" fairy tale has spread so quickly from that known fake journo on twitter. Kent Live get hold of it and publish a story off the back of it, next thing you know it's in the mainstream media in Australia.

Complete nonsense!
    Can't take that Kent Live site too seriously - the other week their headline read that we had lost at home to Fleetwood! Totally lazy 'journalism'.

• If a deal is stalling on the new buyer waiting to see what division we'll be in next season, they obviously haven't got any long term plans, or idea about football** in general.

It's probably a Roly thing.
  • Payday

Do you think its the buyer that is holding this up then??
  • edited March 2018
    alangee said:

If a deal is stalling on the new buyer waiting to see what division we'll be in next season, they obviously haven't got any long term plans, or idea about football** in general.

Seller I reckon. Only an opinion of course probably wrong, as ever.
  • I get the feeling Roland is moving the goal posts on the asking price week to week based on performances - KAG is having a stormer - so that's an extra million now - Ajose looks interested again? bung another £500K on the asking price. Page made it through 90 minutes? Gotta be worth an extra 100K surely?

Wouldn't put it past him although that would require him to actually show an interest in the team so perhaps not...
  • alangee said:

If a deal is stalling on the new buyer waiting to see what division we'll be in next season, they obviously haven't got any long term plans, or idea about football** in general.

From a RD's point of you; if that is a factor, I would've thought He / His reps have put clauses in any sales contract relating to promotion this season and maybe next, regardless of when contracts are signed etc..
  • There's tax implications for Roland depending if he's made a profit or loss this tax year too.

Assuming he's made another loss, that would indicate he wants a pre-end of tax year sale?

Does that sound right? As we have under 4 business days left of this tax year

The deal is stalling as another party has come to the table
  • I personally think that if RD was up to anything sinister, all the buyers woulda pulled out. I just think the contracts are there to be signed and a date has been agreed to exchange, but we're not likely to know when is until it is done and made public. I don't think the "delay" is a delay in the eyes of the people who count (RD and the Buyer(s)).

It could be today, could be next month imo
  • Sponsored links:

• They could just write that into the contract though couldn't they? i.e. if we go up Roland gets X amount more? I'm not much of a businessman though

JamesSeed said:

I’m sure others have said this before, but I have a funny feeling nothing will happen until it’s know which division we’ll be playing in next season. That would explain the delays maybe.

This
  • The only Duchatelet influence now is somebody who doesn't give a jot how the club is run and is waiting for the sale to go through. We have key posts empty but it won't make much difference if the sale goes through today or in a months time. But at some point plans for next season need to be put in place.
  • edited March 2018
    cafcwill said:

There's tax implications for Roland depending if he's made a profit or loss this tax year too.

Assuming he's made another loss, that would indicate he wants a pre-end of tax year sale?

The club’s accounting period is July to June.
  • cafcwill said:

There's tax implications for Roland depending if he's made a profit or loss this tax year too.

Does that mean we have to potentially wait till July for my theory to be true?

Or if he made a loss it would be for this period but still need to be submitted before end of tax year?

Or am I going too deep down the rabbit hole?
  • Are businesses that sell for around the £50 million mark usually sold in conjunction with tax years etc.?
  • cafcwill said:

cafcwill said:

Does that mean we have to potentially wait till July for my theory to be true?

Or if he made a loss it would be for this period but still need to be submitted before end of tax year?

Or am I going too deep down the rabbit hole?
    It’s of no relevance.
  • Airman. What was the significant of your comment yesterday 'payday tomorrow'?
  • I don't wanna piss on no one's cornflakes, but without knowing how true / accurate the Tweets are this morning, would anyone else feel its a bit of an anti-climax if people with "strong links" to a foreign football league were the new owner(s)?

It wouldn't bother me, really. My only concern is that every morning we wake up with owner with strong links to a rag-bag of ill suited network clubs.

Cornflakes still dry and crunchy, thanks.
  • So did everyone at The Valley get paid today?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!