Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• ...Thanks for the detailed reply Ash, I understand the fluidity of add ons, my point (that I probably didn't explain well enough) was that, knowing how fluid these add ons are, that the DD process would have accounted for this in arriving at a valuation - I mean, Konsa could have a career ending injury tomorrow and suddenly that's a (guessing) 5 Million valued asset off the books - nothing about buying a football club is set in stone so surely there has to be an element of certain assumptions being made in the DD process when arriving at a valuation?
  • DOUCHER said:

I'm advised the niggles have nothing to do with the splitting of the valley and training ground as that isn't happening so lets not worry about that and i'm also advised that it isn't rd holding it up as he wants out asap

You remind me of a Clairvoyant and spiritualist who beguiles his needy audience and locates the person in the crowd who has a grandmother called Mary and tells them granny is happy on the other side and to go for a check up at the doctor's to cure a little problem that is troubling one.

Of course Douchebag want out ASP but only on his terms which means ASP is taking so long.

Carry on Doucher, it gives you a kick and is quite amusing at times.
  • ...Thanks for the detailed reply Ash, I understand the fluidity of add ons, my point (that I probably didn't explain well enough) was that, knowing how fluid these add ons are, that the DD process would have accounted for this in arriving at a valuation - I mean, Konsa could have a career ending injury tomorrow and suddenly that's a (guessing) 5 Million valued asset off the books - nothing about buying a football club is set in stone so surely there has to be an element of certain assumptions being made in the DD process when arriving at a valuation?

I totally agree. But the longer this process drags out, the more tweaks to these assumptions could be made due to new events or information. All very tedious!
  • edited March 2018

As Duchatelet's raison d'etre was to run Charlton as a factory farm for young players before selling them to the highest bidder at some point in this food chain, then I can believe the Joe Gomez transfer is an issue.

The best Academy player we have produced this century went to Liverpool for £3.5 million with multiple add -ons ; so not only would Duchatelet's legal team have made sure that the usual appearances for Liverpool, England etc were included, BUT the protential next transfer could be the problem.

Michy Batshuayi transferred to Marseille for 4.5 million from standard Liege. The next move was to Chelsea for £33 million and this is where Roland made 30% according to the European media.

The devil's in the detail and Duchatelet wants the money for himself after selling the club.
    I could well imagine the old Walloon is playing the long game on every possible revenue stream that could flow to him or his next of kin in the future.

Can't someone knock on Roland's grandad's door and give him a leaflet :smile:

• The word 'niggle' comes from the same shelf as a 'white lie'. A problem is a problem a lie is a lie.
  • I think this will be concluded next week.
  • edited March 2018
    The Museum will be open on Friday 6 April

• I think this will be concluded next week.

Knowledge or supposition?

• Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

I'm advised the niggles have nothing to do with the splitting of the valley and training ground as that isn't happening so lets not worry about that and i'm also advised that it isn't rd holding it up as he wants out asap

You remind me of a Clairvoyant and spiritualist who beguiles his needy audience and locates the person in the crowd who has a grandmother called Mary and tells them granny is happy on the other side and to go for a check up at the doctor's to cure a little problem that is troubling one.

Of course Douchebag want out ASP but only on his terms which means ASP is taking so long.

Just passing on what I have been told - I'm not sure how that gives me a kick but anyway
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Just passing on what I have been told - I'm not sure how that gives me a kick but anyway
    Problem is, who's been telling you?

Is it Duchatalet or your next door neighbour's milkman?
  • Add-on clauses for sold players confirmed at £8.6m (potential maximum value) at of June 2017 - per latest published accounts.
  • AshBurton said:

Add-on clauses for sold players confirmed at £8.6m (potential maximum value) at of June 2017 - per latest published accounts.

So it's not a surprise. Why can't a deal be done on this basis?
  • Pedro45 said:

AshBurton said:

Add-on clauses for sold players confirmed at £8.6m (potential maximum value) at of June 2017 - per latest published accounts.

So it's not a surprise. Why can't a deal be done on this basis?
    I’m sure it can. Opening gambit from RD: £8.5m for me now, £0.1m potential upside for the buyer.
  • I can confirm the Takeover is being held up at the moment, don’t know who by or why.

Just thought I’d pass this little bit of information on.
  • I can confirm the Takeover is being held up at the moment, don’t know who by or why.

Just thought I’d pass this little bit of information on.

Tallies with what I've been told.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Will this ever end?

How long is a piece of string Duct tape? :wink:
  • Redhenry said:

Sounds like my mob aren't done yet

Ahhhhhhhhhh
  • Redhenry said:

Sounds like my mob aren't done yet

Back to buy Millwall?
This discussion has been closed.