Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I'm surprised there hasn't been a forum melt down given the new info that's been shared!

Too many false dawns mate. Let’s just be a little more patient and see how things play out.

Something tells me there may well be a couple more twists and turns to go yet!
    Exactly this. I've given my heart too many times and I don't wanna be hurt no more.
  • In a way I'm not in so much of a rush for the takeover at the moment.

Bowyer doesnt seem to be the preferred choice for any new owners yet is producing the results that could see us Promoted (rather than a new man leaving us in League One for another season)

Of course, we need to hope that the takeover happens in the summer, as cant see Roland letting us strengthen else!!

Roland still losing money has to be a plus.
  • stonemuse said:

In a way I'm not in so much of a rush for the takeover at the moment.

Bowyer doesnt seem to be the preferred choice for any new owners yet is producing the results that could see us Promoted (rather than a new man leaving us in League One for another season)

Of course, we need to hope that the takeover happens in the summer, as cant see Roland letting us strengthen else!!

Roland still losing money has to be a plus.
    But any new owner will be losing money.
  • edited April 2018
    But Roland has no hope of doing anything but losing money because he knows nothing about football. Wouldn't be surprised if he bought a circus business after us!
  • If the takeover is delayed, it may not be a bad thing. Means we keep Bowyer and Jacko in charge for a bit longer.
    If we bring in a new manager, it could disrupt the progress we’ve made in th last couple of games.
  • So Ben Hamer's buying us?

He will save us.
  • edited April 2018
    Excerpt from Wiki : Keith Harris

In 2010, he advised an unnamed Middle Eastern client on the attempted acquisition of Liverpool F.C..[11] He has acted for numerous other Middle Eastern clients from several countries in the region. He is believed to have developed many of his Middle East contacts whilst CEO of HSBC Investment Bank.[citation needed] The bank has long roots in the region, having acquired The British Bank of the Middle East in 1959 (now called HSBC Bank Middle East Limited) which was established in London in September 1889 originally as the Imperial Bank of Persia.

Excerpt from Wiki : Steve Hamer

In 2002, he sold his interest in the National Sporting Club and worked as a consultant in football club brokerage alongside Keith Harris until his appointment as Chairman of Bristol Rovers in February 2016.[5]

Could easily be 2 + 2 = 5 but there is a whiff of smoke that could be Redhenry’s mob ?
  • edited April 2018

Excerpt from Wiki : Keith Harris

In 2010, he advised an unnamed Middle Eastern client on the attempted acquisition of Liverpool F.C..[11] He has acted for numerous other Middle Eastern clients from several countries in the region. He is believed to have developed many of his Middle East contacts whilst CEO of HSBC Investment Bank.[citation needed] The bank has long roots in the region, having acquired The British Bank of the Middle East in 1959 (now called HSBC Bank Middle East Limited) which was established in London in September 1889 originally as the Imperial Bank of Persia.

Excerpt from Wiki : Steve Hamer

In 2002, he sold his interest in the National Sporting Club and worked as a consultant in football club brokerage alongside Keith Harris until his appointment as Chairman of Bristol Rovers in February 2016.[5]

Could easily be 2 + 2 = 5 but there is a whiff of smoke that could be Redhenry’s mob ?

Fill your boots Redhenry,
    It's April fools day,
    So if nothing happens then you were only joking.
    Steve Hamer chairman ?
    Backed by middle Eastern owner ?
    Henry hoover up.
    The grains of sand are running out.
    This is your moment to put your head above the sand dunes and win the gold medal among the ITK tribe.
    Is this real or just another Mirage ?
    Are you sandie shaw this could happen ?
  • Can't be bothered now. As long as the team keep doing the business for Bow and JJ i would be happy leaving it all till the summer. He may be a useless Belgian coffin dodger but at least we dont have to see him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Except the posts were on the 31st..
  • Recent history has proven that leaks of information to usually reliable sources have been inaccurate in terms of timings and who is actually buying the club. Best to take any new leaks of information with a pinch of salt. Would be happy to put the takeover on ice until the end of the season now, although if the Saudis come in today with Man City style investment then I'm all for it
  • J BLOCK said:

The group RH is talking about want to appoint the current chairman of another L1 club as Charlton chairman, it appears. He’s tried to get into Charlton before.

We must be able to guess this ...
    OK then but, you can only have 23 guesses.
  • Not sure about getting in an experienced CEO who's worked in football before.

Aren't there any failed lawyers who's parents are friends with the new owner who can take on the role?

"CEO", though? "Chairman" being discussed above. Not trying to be pedantic, there is quite an important difference at a fooball club.

I suppose if he came in as chairman, his role would be to "represent the interest of the investor".

Think you have missed Henrys JOKE for once.........
  • edited April 2018
    Was on the phone last night to one of my inside sources.

He said that a takeover was imminent and the club will be sold soon.

April fools
  • Dave2l said:

Was on the phone last night to one of my inside sources.

He said that a takeover was imminent and the club will be sold soon.

April fools

April fools need to be convincing and unexpected..

Aren't there any failed lawyers who's parents are friends with the new owner who can take on the role?

"CEO", though? "Chairman" being discussed above. Not trying to be pedantic, there is quite an important difference at a fooball club.

I suppose if he came in as chairman, his role would be to "represent the interest of the investor".

Would be an executive chairman though
  • Who would be an executive chairman though?
  • edited April 2018

But Roland has no hope of doing anything but losing money because he knows nothing about football. Wouldn't be surprised if he bought a circus business after us!

He has bid for Fred Karno's circus,
    Not a SMART move.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good effort, Davey.
  • Fits in with what I heard about Fayd al-Soori and his PL ambitions for us.

Very excited.

Would be an executive chairman though
    Steve Hamer. Current Bristol Rovers Chairman.

• All these random names being banded about, I personally couldn't give two hoots about who's who and what job they'll be doing at this stage, as long as the new Owner has dough, his head screwed on and it all happenin the next few days
  • Nicely done Davey Danger.
  • cafc-west said:
    It lasts 365 days in Charlton Life La La Land.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!