Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• This is all assuming of course The Aussies will be our new owners that they would appoint Kewell.

Would still welcome The Aussies if they win but personally I'm hanging my hat on RedHenry's mob now they're back in the running.

But whoever wins I'd like to see Bowyer stay for the rest of the season. Couldn't quite get 14/1 as others did but I did still get 9/1 before the Northampton game.
  • cafc-west said:

Staprix company structure

Think RD owns 95% of Staprix. It means that the debt (£57.7m in mid 2017 and increasing)in the published accounts is owed to Baton 2010 and therefore ultimately to Staprix. IMO no buyer will agree to take on that level of debt. My guess would be that RD will convert the debt to equity then sell 51%+ to the new owners, retaining the balance and benefiting from dividend payments. The new owners might structure the debt to automatically acquire the balance of the equity on promotion to the Premier league. All pure speculation - but I suspect it is the payment structure that is holding things up.
    Or he could write off any losses against his Belgian tax liability?
  • _MrDick said:

cafc-west said:

Staprix company structure

Think RD owns 95% of Staprix. It means that the debt (£57.7m in mid 2017 and increasing)in the published accounts is owed to Baton 2010 and therefore ultimately to Staprix. IMO no buyer will agree to take on that level of debt. My guess would be that RD will convert the debt to equity then sell 51%+ to the new owners, retaining the balance and benefiting from dividend payments. The new owners might structure the debt to automatically acquire the balance of the equity on promotion to the Premier league. All pure speculation - but I suspect it is the payment structure that is holding things up.
    Or he could write off any losses against his Belgian tax liability?
    That's a good point and one for his tax advisors. Not sure about debt 'acquired' in another EU country...but as the parent company is Belgian - maybe...
  • Slight change of theme.
    It seems accepted that the new owners will bring in their new manager and all comments are Harry Kewell. Not starting off negative but is that not what we all hated ( among other things) RD for. It’s Luzon, Fraeye etc again.
    The manager should be the best person for the job not the owners personal favourite. Just saying!

Well I agree that most of us think Bowyer would be just as good a fit as Kewell as both are inexperienced but any new owner will always have their own ideas and most likely want their own people top to bottom. Hopefully if the Aussies are eventual owners they can see that for the time being at least Lee Bowyer is a decent option but I can understand why that might not fit their plan.

• FORD said:

So is this week now next week and next week now next next week

or

is this week last week and next week now this week?

I think you’ll find that week was this week
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS8ac4catVk
  • @RedHenry - a week or so ago your group were out and beaten by the Aussies. Now they are back in. Whats changed?
  • I don't know who our new owners wil be and how much they will spend on Charlton. But I've definitely decided who I want.
  • edited April 2018
    Bloke in flat cap other side of barrier, talking to people in crowd at front lower west looks a little like the Aussie Andrew Muir. Could be wrong. Maybe others can grab a pic in directors box later. I'm prob wrong!
  • Sponsored links:

• I will keep em peeled! Prob a member of cafc staff. But addicks with good cameras look out for tall, thin bloke in a long black coat and flat cap in directors box.
  • Mrkinski said:

I will keep em peeled! Prob a member of cafc staff. But addicks with good cameras look out for tall, thin bloke in a long black coat and flat cap in directors box.

Sounds like Muzza :wink: .
  • Mrkinski said:

I will keep em peeled! Prob a member of cafc staff. But addicks with good cameras look out for tall, thin bloke in a long black coat and flat cap in directors box.

Peaky blinders

• Mrkinski said:

Peaky blinders

Couldn't see razor blades in his cap.
  • South African cap in the directors box, could mean nothing.
  • ross1 said:

South African cap in the directors box, could mean nothing.

Is anyone wearing it? :wink:
    Well if it fits ross1 :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Get snapping lads
  • Aussies ain’t got no dough

Muir has 870m...
  • Solidgone said:

Aussies ain’t got no dough

Why have they bothered to go through the process if they have no dough?
    They have but it’s mouldy ol’ dough.

Muir has 870m...
    Doesn’t mean he is willing to use it , Aussies have been back looking for funding and raising the nessesary (spelling) this has allowed the others back in

Aussies have not got the required amount to do what’s needed

Aussies ain’t got no dough

But Murray told us that Roland had a agreed a price. Surely Richard wouldn't tell porkies?

Muir has 870m...
    Doesn’t mean he is willing to use it , Aussies have been back looking for funding and raising the nessesary (spelling) this has allowed the others back in

Aussies have not got the required amount to do what’s needed
    Red Henry give your mob a shove will you !!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!