Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Redhenry said:

DOUCHER said:

Croydon said:

From OS statement regarding Bowyer:

“The takeover hasn’t moved as quickly as we had envisaged and it was important for those players and fans to know that whatever happens there will be stability.

“At this stage, there are still two parties looking to purchase the club and everything is close but a date for a takeover is not something I am able to put a timeline on because, as we have seen, these things can take longer than expected.”

The 2 parties being the Aussie's and Red Henry's lot I presume.

from what I can make out red herring is making it up as he goes along - aussies and brits are the 2 parties and the henrys Arabic panther is acting as some kind of decoy in the long grass - possibly with a mask on
    Wrong again mate
    so can you confirm that your lot are one of the 2 henry? If they aren't we're in danger they won't keep bowyer til end of season aren't we?
    Shouldn't you know this? Because you are in the know after all, aren't you?
    Yes, and the arabs are not one of the 2
    Shhh now! No one knows what's going on. Not you, not Redhenry, not Rick, not Murray, the only person who knows is Roland.

We've been going round in circles for months..
    This is all so flipping boring now.
    Is it red bull?
  • razil said:

And deffo not worth falling out over :)

@razil a lover not a fighter!!
  • edited April 2018
    Doesn't everyone loosely agree on the facts? Name-calling aside, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Airman, Red Henry and Doucher are all basically saying the same thing:

1. There are three parties (total)
    2. British group (possibly underfunded), Aussie group, Arab group
    3. The British and Aussie groups were probably who Murray referred to as 'price agreed'
    4. The Arab group may have pulled out at one point, but are now back/trying to get back in the frame

The argument from Doucher seems to be about which two parties were the 'main' ones... but as far as I can tell, nobody has ever really disputed or agued the toss over that point

Edit - one possible reason for confusion is that the British/Arab groups may in fact be one and the same. Have I got that right?
  • "The British Party" -----not sure that name willl go down well on here !
  • Doesn't everyone loosely agree on the facts? Name-calling aside, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Airman, Red Henry and Doucher are all basically saying the same thing:

1. There are three parties (total)
    2. British group (possibly underfunded), Aussie group, Arab group
    3. The British and Aussie groups were probably who Murray referred to as 'price agreed'
    4. The Arab group may have pulled out at one point, but are now back/trying to get back in the frame

The argument from Doucher seems to be about which two parties were the 'main' ones... but as far as I can tell, nobody has ever really disputed or agued the toss over that point

I’ve not been able to find any evidence there is still a British group, beyond Murray saying that to staff at Sparrows Lane at the end of January. So my reading of it now is S Hamer/Saudis v Elliott/Aussies.
    maybe the rumours of false stories being deliberately planted by some within the club are true.

Who knows?

WIOTOS
  • edited April 2018
    If Red Henry’s lot are so rich then I can’t see why they just don’t pay the price. Why compete with the Aussies when they could blow them out of the water!

• edited April 2018

e more dosh but RD has to sell the lot.

Tic toc Tony tic toc

Your use of the word “excepted” really annoyed me then for no real reason other than being totally wrong

Then I read the last few pages and cheered up

Hoping Redhenrys group are still in the running. I’m assuming they are as it’s definitely not the Scottish consortium

Dont forget the article from McLeish the other week saying that the Scottish lot being unable to match the price wanted by Roland

I'm going with: Party One = Andrew Muir | Party Two = The group that RedHenry has been talking about
    Redhenry said:

Trying to find out if they have won. Nothing back yet. Here's hoping

what nationality are your lot red henry? are they foreign?

if they are foreign, i can save you the bother, its not them

How can you be sure of that @DOUCHER ? I think you are barking up the wrong tree mate.

nope - nailed on, as i said about a week ago

I know what you are talking about and it has nothing to do with @Redhenry’s lot. You’re probably right in some sense though. I just can’t elaborate at the moment.

Let’s just see how things play out over the next week or two.

• Sponsored links:

• Head is spinning after DD's post.
  • e more dosh but RD has to sell the lot.

Tic toc Tony tic toc

Your use of the word “excepted” really annoyed me then for no real reason other than being totally wrong

Then I read the last few pages and cheered up

Hoping Redhenrys group are still in the running. I’m assuming they are as it’s definitely not the Scottish consortium
    Dont forget the article from McLeish the other week saying that the Scottish lot being unable to match the price wanted by Roland

I'm going with: Party One = Andrew Muir | Party Two = The group that RedHenry has been talking about
    Redhenry said:

Trying to find out if they have won. Nothing back yet. Here's hoping

what nationality are your lot red henry? are they foreign?

if they are foreign, i can save you the bother, its not them

How can you be sure of that @DOUCHER ? I think you are barking up the wrong tree mate.

nope - nailed on, as i said about a week ago

I know what you are talking about and it has nothing to do with @Redhenry’s lot. You’re probably right in some sense though. I just can’t elaborate at the moment.

Let’s just see how things play out over the next week or two.

A week or two? Christ, I can't face another two weeks of this!!!

• Am I the only person not too bothered about when Roland sells at the moment?

Haven't enjoyed going tO to the valley so much in years. Against Rotherham I got that buzz back, and everyone after the game was in really good spirits, atmosfear was the best it's been at the valley in years imo,

Roland will go, weather that's next week, may or end of the season.

For now get behind the boys, start enjoy going to football again and let's get in those play offs.

I think this is such a short-sighted view.

It completely ignores just how much damage Duchatelet has wrecked on the club in the past and, more importantly, how much more damage he can inflict in the future.

He is right now damaging the club with his attitude to the sale and indifference to how delaying and delaying the sale (that he expected to happen in January if not earlier) will impact on the club going forward.

I've seen all of the games under Bowyer and everything on the pitch is 100% different and 1000% better; players, atmosphere, football, results and press conferences. I'm loving it but it is just because it is so much better that I want the takeover to happen ASAP

It is only three games. We know Roland can mess up good starts (Peeters) or sack successful managers (Riga) on a whim. We can't just ignore the facts of just how bad an owner he has been and remains.

He has to go if Bowyer is to be allowed to really build the club, not just have a few wins and lift some depression short term.

We have no CEO, no finance director, a caretaker manager and have just announced operational losses of around £12m from the year ending July 2017 and are on course to have more of the same in this current financial year.

Just sell the club.

I am not questioning the damage Roland has done to the club, and I believe Roland will sell

My point was its nice to have that good feel back at home games and for the fans really getting behind the team.

It is not about results, more how together the team seems to be and the football we are playing.

Roland does have to go and I am not disputing that.
  • PopIcon said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Redhenry said:

DOUCHER said:

Croydon said:

“The takeover hasn’t moved as quickly as we had envisaged and it was important for those players and fans to know that whatever happens there will be stability.

“At this stage, there are still two parties looking to purchase the club and everything is close but a date for a takeover is not something I am able to put a timeline on because, as we have seen, these things can take longer than expected.”

from what I can make out red herring is making it up as he goes along - aussies and brits are the 2 parties and the henrys Arabic panther is acting as some kind of decoy in the long grass - possibly with a mask on
    Wrong again mate
    so can you confirm that your lot are one of the 2 henry? If they aren't we're in danger they won't keep bowyer til end of season aren't we?
    Shouldn't you know this? Because you are in the know after all, aren't you?
    Yes, and the arabs are not one of the 2
    Shhh now! No one knows what's going on. Not you, not Redhenry, not Rick, not Murray, the only person who knows is Roland.

We've been going round in circles for months..
    This is all so flipping boring now.
    how do you know? :)
  • You don't know what you don't know.
  • Ssh it's a secret.
  • said it before, but having read another 5 pages of posts all I can come up with is Bob Bradlee's line in "All the President's Men"...............

when will someone go on the record in this f**king story
  • Sponsored links:

• We know, there are rumoured rumours; there are rumours we know are rumours. We also know there are rumoured unrumoured; that is to say we know there are some rumours we have not yet rumoured, but there are also unrumoured unrumoureds – the rumours we haven't rumoured we haven't rumoured. And if one looks throughout the history of our club and other basket case clubs, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.
  • Redhenry said:

DOUCHER said:

Croydon said:

Wrong again mate
    Red Henry or Doucher ?
    Smoke or mirrors ?

One day the truth will be out there and Rick will have a best sellers on his hands.
    That's if he get it published before JJ.
  • I’m not sure why a bit more information can’t be revealed.

We’re not asking for the nitty gritty but if it’s price or legal issues then why not just say so.
  • Standard tonight throw's St Mirren manager into the fray by Aussie consortium.
  • Wow. Talk about random!
  • Solidgone said:

Standard tonight throw's St Mirren manager into the fray by Aussie consortium.

That is brand new information.

Probably agent talk.
  • That'll be "Leanne the Receptionist" who is now dealing with transfers in/out, players contracts and a hiring a new gaffer. She should get a pay rise, ;)
  • I’m not sure why a bit more information can’t be revealed.

We’re not asking for the nitty gritty but if it’s price or legal issues then why not just say so.

This is the point - the price has been agreed by 2 parties - tying up the legal bits is what is taking the time but others keep throwing rumours into the ring that take on life's of their own - that is why I challenge them, not to be a dick
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!