Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

The club needs uniting and it needs to regain its identity and spirit and get some momentum back. I'm not sure kewell would give us that but anybody who gets the team winning probably would to an extent I guess. The ideal way would be to get some club men back at the helm. Bowyer and jj have been a good step in that direction but the icing on the cake would surely be for the likes of curbs and peacock to come into the set up in some way as well. If I was the new owner I would have been onto curbs before I even considered bidding - what a buzz that would create

But how awful would it be if it went wrong.
  • Mal said:

@mal and others

KEWELL DID NOT SO GOODBYE TO PLAYERS. THIS WAS A FALSE STORY PUT OUT BY A FAKE TWITTER ACCOUNT

I Just said it was being suggested, I didnt say I believed it, I copied it from the Forever Charlton site from Wyn Grants post.
    I think @AFKABartram was a bit annoyed because you are at least the 4th person to post that news on here today if you read back through this thread...
  • edited March 2018
    And so your knitting will make a big difference. Does that include crochet?
  • Nothing on the Crawley BBC site
  • What’s the latest on the Redbull rumour?
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

The club needs uniting and it needs to regain its identity and spirit and get some momentum back. I'm not sure kewell would give us that but anybody who gets the team winning probably would to an extent I guess. The ideal way would be to get some club men back at the helm. Bowyer and jj have been a good step in that direction but the icing on the cake would surely be for the likes of curbs and peacock to come into the set up in some way as well. If I was the new owner I would have been onto curbs before I even considered bidding - what a buzz that would create

But how awful would it be if it went wrong.
    It begs the question, what is defined as wrong. We've dropped so far down that play-offs are a dream. What is needed is passion for the club. Success yes, but the treatment received from Roly has been tant amount to neglect/abuse. We need owners that want to heal the club from the bottom up....Boots the Chemists should have something for it :smiley: Bring back some of the passionate club servants (at all levels) definately.
  • Valley11

Well there has been f'.... all else to talk about.
  • A watched kettle never boils.

If we all stop thinking about the takeover it will happen.

So at 9.55 am tomorrow we all have to focus on the sound of one hand clapping for five minutes.

If we all do it the takeover will be announced at 10.00 am
  • cafc-west said:

Mal said:

@mal and others

KEWELL DID NOT SO GOODBYE TO PLAYERS. THIS WAS A FALSE STORY PUT OUT BY A FAKE TWITTER ACCOUNT

I Just said it was being suggested, I didnt say I believed it, I copied it from the Forever Charlton site from Wyn Grants post.
    I think @AFKABartram was a bit annoyed because you are at least the 4th person to post that news on here today if you read back through this thread...
    I am annoyed also, the missus burnt my bacon sanies
  • Sponsored links:

• @mal and others

If I go deaf im gonna blame you.
  • Many more pages of this nonsense and I'll commit Hari Kari.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/79828/the-curry-thread#latest
  • Don't bring Harry - The Stranglers.
  • I'm sorry I don't want Kewell. He not exactly set the world alight. Ps I've heard he doesn't like pot noodle or German horse
  • Mark Ritson saying Crawley preparing for Kewell exit within 48 hours
  • Who is Mark Ritson?
  • Clickbait Live quoting 'sources have told them Crawley preparing for Kewell exit to Charlton with 48 hours'

edit - same info as above
  • Who is Mark Ritson?

Kent Live journalist...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

Who is Mark Ritson?

Journo who us d to cover Charlton a lot, who then Went on to cover palace for the SLP and who now appears to work for Kent live!

EDIT:
    Could be worth noting it appears Ritson was at the training ground earlier today covering the under 23s game vs CPFC
  • This from an established journo with cafc connections
  • @mal and others

Did not so? So what? Did not SHOUT good bye? Did not say goodbye? How rude.
  • Can’t see a new owner paying compensation for a relatively inexperienced manager, when they’ve got two people in charge that know the players and have a chance of the play offs.
    Would be silly to further unsettle a squad that’s alread been badly disrupted over the last 4-6 weeks
  • He might be our new gaffer
  • Nonsense to say England is the only country that places value on ex-players.

Italy and Spain are just two.

Personally I'd rather have a good manager over any ex- player but everything else being equal then knowing the club is an advantage.

Gritt was and is much more a Charlton man than Curbs but we know who was the better manager.

Curbs 16/1
  • sammy391 said:

Who is Mark Ritson?

Journo who us d to cover Charlton a lot, who then Went on to cover palace for the SLP and who now appears to work for Kent live!

EDIT:
    Could be worth noting it appears Ritson was at the training ground earlier today covering the under 23s game vs CPFC
    He's a massive Charlton fan had a season ticket for a long time. Good guy.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Clickbait Live quoting 'sources have told them Crawley preparing for Kewell exit to Charlton with 48 hours'

edit - same info as above

Would imply takeover announcement Wednesday or Thursday then ?

• 3blokes said:

I feel I should contribute something significant at this juncture in the thread, by stating that I rather like Bexhill.

Absolute madn...

Oh sorry. I thought you said "Brexit".
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!