Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

Maybe old Roland putting out story of Aussies deal done to get others to close deal. Aussies been around for a year, suddenly Andrew Muir is involved? For how much? Who else is investing?
    Lots of bluff and double bluff going on here I would assume.
    WIOTOS

There is a substantial backstory to Andrew Muir’s involvement, which dates back to last summer. The durability of that - even if you think it’s not true - is evidenced by the cover of VOTV136 last August.

There hasn’t been any significant rumour about the identity of the “second” group other than Murray telling staff it was British. If you’re going to point to the public insubstantiality of the Aussie group, this is much more true of the other one.
    “Done deal”
    I don’t think so.
    Roland waiting on better deal to close.
    As stated on 25/3 I don't think so,still at least two players involved and neither has caused Roland to pull the trigger yet. 2 Points off the Playoffs ,Roland is not going to lower his price and buyers happy to wait is my guess.
    Every month costs Roland and so far he has added at least 6 to 7mn to his cost basis while all these done deals have failed to be fulfilled, expect this to drag on for a few weeks yet.
    If we win 3 or 4 in next 6 games and are looking sure bet for playoffs expect no deal until May.

• 15 June
  • edited March 2018

J BLOCK said:

Maybe old Roland putting out story of Aussies deal done to get others to close deal. Aussies been around for a year, suddenly Andrew Muir is involved? For how much? Who else is investing?
    WIOTOS

There is a substantial backstory to Andrew Muir’s involvement, which dates back to last summer. The durability of that - even if you think it’s not true - is evidenced by the cover of VOTV136 last August.

There hasn’t been any significant rumour about the identity of the “second” group other than Murray telling staff it was British. If you’re going to point to the public insubstantiality of the Aussie group, this is much more true of the other one.
    “Done deal”
    I don’t think so.
    As stated on 25/3 I don't think so,still at least two players involved and neither has caused Roland to pull the trigger yet. 2 Points off the Playoffs ,Roland is not going to lower his price and buyers happy to wait is my guess.
    Every month costs Roland and so far he has added at least 6 to 7mn to his cost basis while all these done deals have failed to be fulfilled, expect this to drag on for a few weeks yet.
    If we win 3 or 4 in next 6 games and are looking sure bet for playoffs expect no deal until May.

Suits me fine. Gives Bowyer more games to see if he has it in him or whether Saturday was just a "new manager bounce". If it doesn't go through until the season has ended & Bowyer has been a success then surely they'll have to keep him on.........
  • Oggy Red said:

Lots of people seem quick to judge Harry Kewell, just by looking at bald statistics.
    Didn't Kewell come in fairly late last season and lead Crawley to safety? For a long time they had looked doomed to relegation.

Last summer he had a major clear out and rebuilt the team on a very small budget.
    It took a while for the new squad to gel, but from before Christmas to just recently they had a pretty decent run of results and shot up the table.

While I wasn't too impressed with their defending last week :smile: , sometimes they get punished as they are prepared to take a few risks at the back in order to take the game to the opposition , playing an attractive quick passing attacking style.

Obviously a work in progress.

Kewell's evidently learning on the hoof and gaining experience - but IMO he's building a side that could quite possibly win promotion next season, if they tighten up at the back. For now though, I reckon he should stay where he is and earn his stripes before moving on to bigger things.

Give or take a few things, you could be describing KR's time as our manager.
  • Dates free in May might seem more tempting, as things have gone quiet. There are still some weekdays free.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80685/roland-departure-date-prediction#latest
  • J BLOCK said:

WIOTOS

“Done deal”
    I don’t think so.

Suits me fine. Gives Bowyer more games to see if he has it in him or whether Saturday was just a "new manager bounce". If it doesn't go through until the season has ended & Bowyer has been a success then surely they'll have to keep him on.........
    Whilst I agree on the management front, what about preparation for next season? Who’s going to authorise contract renewals? Season ticket prices? Pre-season tours and fixtures?

I’d have complete trust in Bowyer and JJ with on field matters, but the clubs in shit Street the whole time RD is our owner.
    Agreed, feels like Catch 22.

• Suits me fine. Gives Bowyer more games to see if he has it in him or whether Saturday was just a "new manager bounce". If it doesn't go through until the season has ended & Bowyer has been a success then surely they'll have to keep him on.........

Won’t be able to tell if it’s a new season bounce from the next match.
    -27 goal difference or something like that!
    I’d expect a minimum of a two goal win against them at this stage of the season.
  • edited March 2018
    Greedy, stubborn, dithering old goat
  • Sponsored links:

• Harry Rag - the Kinks
  • edited March 2018
    Macronate said:

J BLOCK said:

WIOTOS

“Done deal”
    I don’t think so.

If I could offer any words of advice to Roland at this stage it would be to fuck off as soon as possible.
    Quality advice.
  • This thread has definitely gone more middle class, having left Pot Noodles behind and now discussing East Sussex...

I've not read all the East Sussex posts but there seems to be a lot of involvement in it.

Could someone please summarise who lives there and who is going to live there.
  • ANY FUCKING TAKEOVER NEWS???????

Of course not! DON'T BE BLOODY RIDICULOUS!!!
  • Solidgone said:

Do you think Kewell will move to Kent should he take over or stay in Sussex?

Bromley
  • edited March 2018

It would be mad if Kewell was installed as manager - his only qualification seems to be that he's Australian. He doesn't have any connection to our club and doesn't have a record of success as a manager.

I could care less about whether a new manager has any "connection to the club." I think this silly policy has set back English football for ages. I want the best qualified and most likely to do well for the job we are hiring for. English football is the only place where fans want ex-players to run their clubs even though data is overwhelming that such has no bearing on success as a manager.

Now, as to the point "he has no record of success as a manager"... on that I agree.
  • It would be mad if Kewell was installed as manager - his only qualification seems to be that he's Australian. He doesn't have any connection to our club and doesn't have a record of success as a manager.

I could care less about whether a new manager has any "connection to the club." I think this silly policy has set back English football for ages. I want the best qualified and most likely to do well for the job we are hiring for. English football is the only place where fans want ex-players to run their clubs even though data is overwhelming that such has no bearing on success as a manager.

Now, as to the point "he has no record of success as a manager"... on that I agree.
    But how much would you pay for a good manager is the question on everyones lips?
  • I'm just wild about Harry
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

PaddyP17 said:

Probably not true but thought I would share it.

Definitely not lol

Multi-talented - Also goes by the name of Dr Ling and works at the Uni of Sunderland.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/alcohol-abuse-concern-over-middle-aged-1876977

For revealing his other job, I have been blocked. Must be worried he is going to get in repremanded for moonlighting..
  • It would be mad if Kewell was installed as manager - his only qualification seems to be that he's Australian. He doesn't have any connection to our club and doesn't have a record of success as a manager.

It's COULDN'T care less... The only Americanism that makes my blood boil because their way makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Didn't someone once famously quip something like, "Britain and the USA: Two nations separated by a common language"?

• Pretty sure I heard a new party threw their hat into the ring last week hence the delay. DD is ongoing. Roly just wants as much as he can possibly get.
  • Swisdom said:

Pretty sure I heard a new party threw their hat into the ring last week hence the delay. DD is ongoing. Roly just wants as much as he can possibly get.

yeah someone posted that but whether its correct or not who knows.
  • Harry, you're a beast. Frank Zappa.
  • Swisdom said:

Pretty sure I heard a new party threw their hat into the ring last week hence the delay. DD is ongoing. Roly just wants as much as he can possibly get.

Well that might be the case but nobody seems to want to pay what Roly wants. It seems obvious that Roland will have told all interested parties what he expects to get for the club, the prospective buyers do their DD and make a counter offer and that seems to be where it ends. Nobody is paying over the odds and who can blame them?

So this latest episode may well end in nothing once again because the new party may look at the books and the other information that DD will show and realise he is off his rocker and is massively over-pricing the club because he wants to recoup some of the millions he has wasted over the years. With the Aussies being patient with a firm offer, it seems this could go on for months as new investors try their luck.

Given our recent history I could well understand why a new owner would want to appoint a manager who has some affinity with the club to help reunite the supporters and start the healing process.

Obviously the ability to manage the team and win promotion and make a fist of the championship would be the overriding consideration, but in Kewell we don’t appear to have either.

The longer the takeover takes, and IF Bow is still winning games, the stranger the decision would be - and the pressure would be significant and the time he would be given will be considerably less. Especially if Bow is still at the club.

If Bow is still winning, the best thing they could do is nothing.
  • Any truth in this... or is he just blowing out of his ear ?

Scott Gallagher

@SGallagherLDN
    7h7 hours ago
    More
    Crawley Town manager Harry Kewell has said his goodbyes to his players this morning as he is set to leave the club and be announced as #cafc manager this Thursday. #cafc are set to be taken over on Wednesday and the new owners believe Kewell is the man for the job #cafc #crawley

He's Wall

; )
    As mentioned earlier, fake profile. Here is a link to the photo he is using, second one down.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/health/alcohol-abuse-concern-over-middle-aged-1876977
  • Yeah, I was only joking, Popo
  • Ignore that attention seeking twat
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!