Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited March 2018
    3blokes said:

I feel I should contribute something significant at this juncture in the thread, by stating that I rather like Bexhill.

Bexhill ....are you looking to retire 3Blokes, all 3 of you?
  • Curb_It said:

Can people please stop talking about the takeover! We are trying to talk about West Sussex towns.

#EastSussexMatters
    I love living in East Sussex, lovely countryside, nice seaside towns, clean air, clear night skies, so glad I left dismal, dirty, traffic polluted, light polluted, crowded south east London.

Where did you live before you moved to East Sussex?

Barnehurst/Erith border

• I would imagine that they have compiled a list and Kewell would be high on it. I cant see how that means they would risk a chance of promotion by making an immediate change.

Quite a few people were saying last week that keeping Robinson on was the sensible thing to do

"give him a chance with the new owners' money" they said.

I prefer to wait until the takeover has actually happened before second guessing who they will pick as manager.
    I was in that camp a few months back, but since Christmas we've massively underachieved and in the end I couldn't wait to see the back of him. Any new owner will be fully aware of our recent issues and will want to appoint a manager that can not only fulfil the owners ambition and I hope will in some way appease the fans in the short term.
  • lolwray said:

Can people please stop talking about the takeover! We are trying to talk about West Sussex towns.

#EastSussexMatters
    I love living in East Sussex, lovely countryside, nice seaside towns, clean air, clear night skies, so glad I left dismal, dirty, traffic polluted, light polluted, crowded south east London.

moving to catsfield just up road to you in 2 weeks time ...agree with all you say
    really, just a mile from me, drive through every morning on way to station. Are you still going to be commuting into town or are you retiring?
  • edited March 2018

Not Powell and not Kewell. Keep Bow and JJ as it is for the foreseeable, regardless of who the owner is. Why even consider anyone else at this stage?

I do agree R but had we lost 3 nil Saturday everybody would have been as negative about Bowyer as they were before we found out he was taking charge and screaming for Euell
    BUT we didn't lose 3-0 and play rubbish with no spirit like so many recent matches.

Against Plymouth 8 of the starting 11 had possibly their best ever game and Bauer, Fosu and Amos played a massive part in the best home performance for years.

Anyone who wasn't at the valley on Saturday would believe fans are going OTT with 1 win,
    but it was seeing the transformation of the mentality of the team with the shackles off which must be down to Lee and JJ

The twin strikers were the catalyst for me, can be any combination of 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-1-2
    As long as it's TWO strikers up front.
    Plus Lee knew that Plymouth would alter at half time so our strikers dropped deeper when Argyle had the ball and got forward when we were attacking.

A Seismic change in the players, fans, mood and the Weather from the Fleetwood match.

PS. I love Seaford. Great walks and fresh air, can park for free, and get to know the seven sisters if your feeling fit !
    the walk along the River Cuckmere to Cuckmere Haven is nice too, drink in the pub afterwards, what's not to like.

• I would imagine that they have compiled a list and Kewell would be high on it. I cant see how that means they would risk a chance of promotion by making an immediate change.

Quite a few people were saying last week that keeping Robinson on was the sensible thing to do

"give him a chance with the new owners' money" they said.

I prefer to wait until the takeover has actually happened before second guessing who they will pick as manager.
    Over the last few months some, including me, were wondering how he would do with a decent transfer budget, but as time went on, as his intransigence and inflexibility became more and more apparent, the idea of giving him more time became less and less appealing. Opinions changing because of evidence and poor results.
    Now I'm more interested how Bowyer would do with a transfer budget. But of course we want more evidence, and we'll get it over the next nine matches, and beyond, hopefully.
    Second guessing who the manager may or may not be is classic forum fodder isn't it imho? The politics are intriguing for one thing.

Of course it's possible the buyers aren't aussies, in which case it'll have been a waste of time, but that doesn't matter to many.
  • This thread has definitely gone more middle class, having left Pot Noodles behind and now discussing East Sussex...

Sad lot
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:

#EastSussexMatters

Yeah but:

- Charlton Athletic
    - The Valley
    - Blackheath
    - (Theoretically) shorter commutes
    - Charlton Athletic
    - Morley's Fried Chicken
    - Great music scene
    - Huge array of pubs/clubs/bars and various drinks and all that sort of stuff
    - Charlton Athletic
    - Choice of cuisine
    - Public transport links
    - Charlton Athletic
    You're correct of course Charlton Athletic makes SE London even less bearable at the moment.
  • Scoham said:

Oggy Red said:

3blokes said:

I feel I should contribute something significant at this juncture in the thread, by stating that I rather like Bexhill.

Bexhill ....are you looking to retire 3Blokes, all 3 of you?
    Eastbourne is where people go to retire. Bexhill is where their parents live.
    makes for a more tranquil environment ;-))

• Dazzler21 said:

PaddyP17 said:

#EastSussexMatters

Yeah but:

- Charlton Athletic
    - The Valley
    - Blackheath
    - Charlton Athletic
    - Morley's Fried Chicken
    - Great music scene
    - Charlton Athletic
    - Choice of cuisine
    - Public transport links
    - Charlton Athletic
    You're correct of course Charlton Athletic makes SE London even less bearable at the moment.
    Hey everyone! It's 2-for-1 Tuesdays because Dazzler's getting the cheap shots in!

;)
  • Can people please stop talking about the takeover! We are trying to talk about West Sussex towns.

#EastSussexMatters

Good shooting an all
    Better than Stratford?
  • Not Powell and not Kewell. Keep Bow and JJ as it is for the foreseeable, regardless of who the owner is. Why even consider anyone else at this stage?

I do agree R but had we lost 3 nil Saturday everybody would have been as negative about Bowyer as they were before we found out he was taking charge and screaming for Euell
    BUT we didn't lose 3-0 and play rubbish with no spirit like so many recent matches.

Against Plymouth 8 of the starting 11 had possibly their best ever game and Bauer, Fosu and Amos played a massive part in the best home performance for years.

Anyone who wasn't at the valley on Saturday would believe fans are going OTT with 1 win,
    but it was seeing the transformation of the mentality of the team with the shackles off which must be down to Lee and JJ

The twin strikers were the catalyst for me, can be any combination of 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-3-1-2
    As long as it's TWO strikers up front.
    Plus Lee knew that Plymouth would alter at half time so our strikers dropped deeper when Argyle had the ball and got forward when we were attacking.

A Seismic change in the players, fans, mood and the Weather from the Fleetwood match.

PS. I love Seaford. Great walks and fresh air, can park for free, and get to know the seven sisters if your feeling fit !
    the walk along the River Cuckmere to Cuckmere Haven is nice too, drink in the pub afterwards, what's not to like.

Would you say you enjoyed cuck?
  • PaddyP17 said:

Dazzler21 said:

PaddyP17 said:

#EastSussexMatters

Yeah but:

- Charlton Athletic
    - The Valley
    - Blackheath
    - Charlton Athletic
    - Morley's Fried Chicken
    - Great music scene
    - Charlton Athletic
    - Choice of cuisine
    - Public transport links
    - Charlton Athletic
    Hey everyone! It's 2-for-1 Tuesdays because Dazzler's getting the cheap shots in!

;)
    :lol:

I love visiting the city and the outlying boroughs, but couldn't live there personally. (It's too expensive & too busy for me.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Can people please stop talking about the takeover! We are trying to talk about West Sussex towns.

#EastSussexMatters

Sounds agonizingly boring.
  • and for takeover news.....
  • No takeover today as there is a big boxing news conference.
  • I don’t want to be too negative.

But at first we moaned that our belguim owners are focussing too much on Belgium managers or managers from the Belgium league.

If the Aussies took over, and then appointed Kewell, which to me looks based on the merit he’s Australian.. what’s the difference?

About 12000 miles.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!