Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Maybe this whole Kewell thing is a red herring and the only reason it's been mentioned is because of the Aussie connection rather than there being any real truth to the rumour.

Thats been my take on it the whole time. Kewell even came out and said the same last week.
  • It would be mad if Kewell was installed as manager - his only qualification seems to be that he's Australian. He doesn't have any connection to our club and doesn't have a record of success as a manager.

Wouldn't really get the support on side and seems a questionable appointment?

Give the job to Bowyer and Jackson till the end of the season and then see where we are.
    This would seem sensible in the short term at least.
  • I don’t want to be too negative.

But at first we moaned that our belguim owners are focussing too much on Belgium managers or managers from the Belgium league.

If the Aussies took over, and then appointed Kewell, which to me looks based on the merit he’s Australian.. what’s the difference?

so if a British consortium takes over that's Bowyers chances out of the window then.

But at first we moaned that our belguim owners are focussing too much on Belgium managers or managers from the Belgium league.

If the Aussies took over, and then appointed Kewell, which to me looks based on the merit he’s Australian.. what’s the difference?

The difference at the moment is Paul Elliott...

If he comes in as CEO or Chairman etc. then its clear sign that these Aussies dont plan on surrounding themselves with Aussies

Its partly why I still think that Kewell is nothing more than press talk
  • Well Harry kewell was a marginally better player that say bob peeters has managed before in England and has significantly more experience of the English game
  • I see that Roland has been posting in his twitter account about his life's philosophy. image
  • ct_addick said:

Kewell? As in manager of 13th in league 2 Crawley?

Yay.

Kewell and Bowyer are good mates so he would probably keep him on as assistant manager.
    Why not the other way round? Ideal scenario.

About 15,000 kilometers and a rough ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would imagine that they have compiled a list and Kewell would be high on it. I cant see how that means they would risk a chance of promotion by making an immediate change.
  • My take is that we are still being given a load of crap by a vindictive regime and that no sale is imminent, thus making these Kewell discussions irrelevant.
    In discussing Kewell as our next manager, those doing so are obviously convinced that the Oz takeover is as good as done.....well I for one am not at all sure it has!
    I also wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if Meire isn't in the background doing some winding up on Goldfinger's behest on message boards and with the media re the takeover.....who is better placed than her to deliberately antagonize us Addicks.....after all, she's been doing just that for the last four years hasn't she.
  • edited March 2018

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

It would be mad if Kewell was installed as manager - his only qualification seems to be that he's Australian. He doesn't have any connection to our club and doesn't have a record of success as a manager.

Give the job to Bowyer and Jackson till the end of the season and then see where we are.
    My understanding is that that is the case
    So what happened to the idea of appointing Kewell?
    Maybe Kewell just didnt want the job and is happy @ Crawley for the time being
    As someone who lives dangerously close to Crawley, its almost impossible to be happy in Crawley...
    Where are you Pelling? Horley (Born and raised) isn't much better than Crawley (lived there a few years) and Horsham (Home now) is like a different world in terms of how much better it is...
  • I would imagine that they have compiled a list and Kewell would be high on it. I cant see how that means they would risk a chance of promotion by making an immediate change.

Quite a few people were saying last week that keeping Robinson on was the sensible thing to do

"give him a chance with the new owners' money" they said.

I prefer to wait until the takeover has actually happened before second guessing who they will pick as manager.
  • Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

It would be mad if Kewell was installed as manager - his only qualification seems to be that he's Australian. He doesn't have any connection to our club and doesn't have a record of success as a manager.

As someone who lives dangerously close to Crawley, its almost impossible to be happy in Crawley...
    As someone who once made the mistake of moving to the Maidenbower Estate in Crawley (started to look to move after 6 months) I tend to agree.
  • edited March 2018
    cafc-west said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

As someone who once made the mistake of moving to the Maidenbower Estate in Crawley (started to look to move after 6 months) I tend to agree.
    And Maidenbower is ''the good part'' I lived in Poundhill for a year or so when I was 10 or 11, and then Langley Green until I was 14.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

Where are you Pelling? Horley (Born and raised) isn't much better than Crawley (lived there a few years) and Horsham (Home now) is like a different world in terms of how much better it is...
    My daughter lives near Horsham - very quiet, very civilised.
  • JamesSeed said:

ct_addick said:

Kewell? As in manager of 13th in league 2 Crawley?

Yay.

Kewell and Bowyer are good mates so he would probably keep him on as assistant manager.
    Why not the other way round? Ideal scenario.
    Why appoint Kewell full stop? He means nothing to our club and is not therefore someone who would unite the club, nor is he a stand out coach.

I would have thought any new owner would be fully aware of our recent history and would have enough common sense to engage with fans before rushing into decisions.

• Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

My wife is from Creepy Crawley... she was the exception and made it out.
  • Is today the day??
  • Sponsored links:

• Is today the day??

...that Jeremy has his picnic.
  • Calm down everyone.

1/ Is there a new owner yet or is it all waffle?

2/ Is there any truth in the Kewell rumour?

3/ Will Roland sell now the play offs look within reach again?

Who knows.
  • What will be will be.

If it happens today, next week or June. We are being sold.

As for the protests, I say "stand down" for now and see where we are at in a few weeks.
  • Maybe this whole Kewell thing is a red herring and the only reason it's been mentioned is because of the Aussie connection rather than there being any real truth to the rumour.

So which source has actually said that Kewell was to be installed as manager?
    I know it's been in the press recently - but was that only lifted from speculation on social media sites like this one?

• Dazzler21 said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm in East Grinstead
  • Dazzler21 said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

My daughter lives near Horsham - very quiet, very civilised.
    Yeah Horsham is lovely
  • Any prospective new owners who saw the difference between the Fleetwood and Plymouth games would, quite simply, be wrong to dismiss Bowyer if they were to take over this week.

Logic (wouldn't it be great to have some more of that at board level) seems to dictate that Bowyer stays on until such time as there is a marked technical or tactical failing/loss of the dressing room/fan backlash, to some extent.

This I would wager is the most positive footballing feeling many of us have had in the last couple of years. If a new board disregards that now, then I will be very sceptical of their competence from the outset.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm in East Grinstead
    You're just about far enough away. Often drive down to worth way and jog down to east grinstead and even on occasion continue down forest way... I just wish Whitehall was still there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!