Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Sam the scoop with the 3 o'clock bulletin.

Paul Elliott is having a very enjoyable day with a lot of ex international footballers at Stratford. My agent has approached PE and dropped Charlton into the conversation after talking about the price of eggs and Brexit.
    Paul just laughed as he realized he was being grilled by an undercover reporter.
    LOOK, if Elliott ends up in Earls Court at the Walkabout, The Prince of Teck, Earls court Tavern or the Green King I will report back later with news.
  • It’s done deal our new owner is

Get the fuck in there proper old Skool

8)
  • Forgot how good that version is
  • edited March 2018
    Redhenry said:

Addickted said:

JaShea99 said:

Has anyone got that picture of Roland slipping over on the touchline? Can’t remember what thread it was on.

SPOT THE PINT

While we wait to see white smoke rise from our broken club, play spot the pint!

The old duffer has obviously had one too many, but where’s his pint? Put an X where you think it is and send to ‘Where’s my pint’, the Valley museum, Floyd Road, Charlton SE7.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/46/16ca40041b420edad8a3801fda0fd6.jpg
  • I hear the protest is going ahead with fans meeting up in the covered end wearing red and white scarves and singing “Lee, Lee Lee Bowyer”.

I will be giving 100% to this imaginative protest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can anyone confirm whether the takeover is due to be announced Monday BST or Monday GMT? Because the latter gives them an extra hour to get everything in place.
  • According to the Standard tonight a takeover announcement is 'imminent'

Where's that Large? Can't seem to find it...
  • edited March 2018
    [Oops wrong thread]
  • Charlton 12-1 for promotion with Coral.
  • JamesSeed said:

If these new owners march in and get rid of Bowyer and install Kewell I shall start a one man protest by chaining myself to the Sam Bartram statue and removing the bust of Jimmy Seed from the boardroom. Man has to be given a chance. Spirit is everything. It's very difficult to create, and very easy to destroy.
    Who's with me @Henryirving2 ?

[Oops wrong thread]

Jumping the gun a bit there James

16/1 with Paddy Power on Sunday.
  • I reckon the announcement will be made on page 666 ( pretty apt for the old devil to piss off then ). So come on everyone get posting.
  • edited March 2018
    -
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah, Jack Charlton to be promoted to Honorary Chairman of The Ashington Fly Fishermans Association.
  • Some of you remind me of going on holiday with the kids, when they were small...

"Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"...

Yeah I know, fuckin murder ain't they....

It's there. Are they taking the piss by using 'imminent' though?
  • Some of you remind me of going on holiday with the kids, when they were small...

"Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"...

Why did you take nearly a year to get to your destination ?
    Did you go by tandem to Australia ?
  • edited March 2018

JamesSeed said:

If these new owners march in and get rid of Bowyer and install Kewell I shall start a one man protest by chaining myself to the Sam Bartram statue and removing the bust of Jimmy Seed from the boardroom. Man has to be given a chance. Spirit is everything. It's very difficult to create, and very easy to destroy.
    Who's with me @Henryirving2 ?

[Oops wrong thread]

Jumping the gun a bit there James
    Joking apart, it'll be tricky decision, if they do want to bring Kewell in. They may not want to of course.
    In fact they might not even be Australian
  • Addickted said:

This all seems a bit of an unnecessary debate.

I've no idea what protest CARD had planned for next Monday, but its clear that its either not going to happen (as one of their organisers has basically stated on the previous page), or its not a protest that would need numbers as they can patently see that the widespread support for it just isn't there.

You could argue back and forth on whether there was any value in announcing a return to protesting in the first place, but this isn't really at this point in time any benefit in getting tied up with periphery side issues.

Disagree.

This has everything to do with the sale of the Club and the fans intent to encourage the owner to make it happen sooner rather than later.

Or is our only outlet to vent our frustrations about the ownership on a message board?
    Did someone say vol-au-vent?

I'm so upset, Katrien has not returned any of my calls since December.

We were best friends.

was in the paper version but not got one now so cant tell you on what page. By Guiseppe Moura (sp)

"Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"...

I usually just put them in the boot on long journeys, can barely hear them from there, especially with some loud DnB blaring from the speakers.

"Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"
    "Are we there yet?"...

Are we, actually?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!