Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Mal said:

if the aussie’s came in i’d like to think they’d give bowyer a chance for a while and not appoint kewell straight away
    It seems everyones just taking for granted that a snap of the fingers and Kewell would be our Manager, but, theres a little matter of Crawley Town having a say in the matter, and probably upset with Kewell being named, upsetting their arrangements, and constant pressures on Kewell and their playoff hopes.
    If Kewell wanted to join Charlton surely there's nothing Crawley can do, apart from take legal action ?
    True enough, but not straight forward if that was the case in legal action, I would hedge a bet that Kewell may not be the instant target, seems to me too risky for any new owners to start their ownership with an untried Manager.
  • Stig said:

According to the Standard tonight a takeover announcement is 'imminent'

"Evening Standit"
    Was gonna say, no mention of Arsenal, then I read the bottom.... ; )
  • Simon said:

Hello fans Charlton Athletic. The coalition C.A.R.D reached the fans from Poland.Greetings. Fans From Poland.Michal Zyro is the Best!.
    WE WANT ROLAND OUT!!!!!!!
    WE LOVE CHARLTON!!!!!

This is rather awesome
  • edited March 2018
    Taxi_Lad said:

kentred2 said:

Chrispy51 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Chants of support the team not the regime would offer that wouldn't they?

All well and good chanting that, but last time I was at the ground and heard one of those chants it was interrupted by some people giving dogs abuse to our own player for misplacing a pass!
    Hopefully for the last time (!)

THE TEAM IS THE REGIME

Wins have always bolstered the regime and still do. Perhaps after Saturday Roland is holding on for up turn in results.

No one there and team losing was always best way to get rid of him.
    You really are a Tool if you believe that
    And, clearly, not a Charlton supporter.

No supporter would want Charlton to lose ANY match...
  • Taxi_Lad said:

kentred2 said:

Chrispy51 said:

Dazzler21 said:

All well and good chanting that, but last time I was at the ground and heard one of those chants it was interrupted by some people giving dogs abuse to our own player for misplacing a pass!

THE TEAM IS THE REGIME

Wins have always bolstered the regime and still do. Perhaps after Saturday Roland is holding on for up turn in results.

And, clearly, not a CHarston supporter.

Tbf to him most of us on here aren't charston supporters;)
  • Scoham said:

I would like to know where "Monday" came from as the day, cos I think I'm right in saying that the reports said "early next week", so that could potentially be up to midday on Wednesday...?

RedHenry and Richard Cawley both said Monday.

'Could'
    In internetland "could" means "100% will happen, fact"

WIOTOS
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

kentred2 said:

Chrispy51 said:

Dazzler21 said:

THE TEAM IS THE REGIME

And, clearly, not a CHarston supporter.

Tbf to him most of us on here aren't charston supporters;)
    To right, I'm more a lindy hop kinda guy
  • Scoham said:

I would like to know where "Monday" came from as the day, cos I think I'm right in saying that the reports said "early next week", so that could potentially be up to midday on Wednesday...?

'Could'
    I know, @i_b_b_o_r_g asked where did "Monday" come from.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

'Could'
    I know, @i_b_b_o_r_g asked where did "Monday" come from.
    I did @Scoham , you're off the hook pal
  • Simon said:

Hello fans Charlton Athletic. The coalition C.A.R.D reached the fans from Poland.Greetings. Fans From Poland.Michal Zyro is the Best!.
    WE LOVE CHARLTON!!!!!

Love it.
  • Simon said:

WE LOVE CHARLTON!!!!!

Fantastic, well done Simon.
  • Simon said:

WE LOVE CHARLTON!!!!!

Great job guys! COYR
  • Rudders22 said:

Davo55. If the deal is about to be done, why are thr protests still going ahead on Monday? I appreciate at the time you announced it it was a week before this takeover "almost confirmation"? Ps I joined other protests before and one of the boycotters. My personal view is 1) Takeover about to happen 2) Give Bow, JJ and the team the full support.

My personal view, like others associated with CARD have expressed on here today, is that protests should not take place on Easter Monday. Circumstances have changed significantly since the announcement you mention. I'm sure that CARD will state their position in the next few days.
  • Kewell? As in manager of 13th in league 2 Crawley?

Yay.

Kewell and Bowyer are good mates so he would probably keep him on as assistant manager.
  • Bowyer worked with kewell for a bit coaching at Watford under 21s, pretty sure he’d keep bowyer on if offered. We ain’t got the ‘ump with the new owners already have we ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kewell? As in manager of 13th in league 2 Crawley?

Yay.

Not that I want Kewell but if they have one of the smallest budgets in the division and expected to be fighting relegation then 13th is overachieving.
  • DOUCHER said:

It would be mad if Kewell was installed as manager - his only qualification seems to be that he's Australian. He doesn't have any connection to our club and doesn't have a record of success as a manager.

Wouldn't really get the support on side and seems a questionable appointment?

Give the job to Bowyer and Jackson till the end of the season and then see where we are.
    My understanding is that that is the case
    So what happened to the idea of appointing Kewell?
  • Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

It would be mad if Kewell was installed as manager - his only qualification seems to be that he's Australian. He doesn't have any connection to our club and doesn't have a record of success as a manager.

Give the job to Bowyer and Jackson till the end of the season and then see where we are.
    No idea
  • Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

Maybe Kewell just didnt want the job and is happy @ Crawley for the time being
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!