Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• If, as has been reported, CP was their first choice then it's pretty clear they understand the situation and therefore the Kewell rumour just doesn't stack up
  • Probably not true but thought I would share it.
  • Probably not true but thought I would share it.

Definitely a fake football journalist. A lot of them that end in "LDN" tend to be
  • ....I don't even use Twitter ffs
  • Not Powell and not Kewell. Keep Bow and JJ as it is for the foreseeable, regardless of who the owner is. Why even consider anyone else at this stage?

I do agree R but had we lost 3 nil Saturday everybody would have been as negative about Bowyer as they were before we found out he was taking charge and screaming for Euell
  • Not Powell and not Kewell. Keep Bow and JJ as it is for the foreseeable, regardless of who the owner is. Why even consider anyone else at this stage?

I do agree R but had we lost 3 nil Saturday everybody would have been as negative about Bowyer as they were before we found out he was taking charge and screaming for Euell
    True mate, but regardless of the situation, I think Bow and JJ are as good an option, if not better than, any other been mentioned and maybe if they were signed on a full time basis (dependant on badges etc.), they would have that leeway to lose a few early on. The way I look at it is that I wouldn't give em till the end of this season, I'd give em till the end of next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

cafc-west said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

It would be mad if Kewell was installed as manager - his only qualification seems to be that he's Australian. He doesn't have any connection to our club and doesn't have a record of success as a manager.

Wouldn't really get the support on side and seems a questionable appointment?

Give the job to Bowyer and Jackson till the end of the season and then see where we are.
    My understanding is that that is the case
    So what happened to the idea of appointing Kewell?
    Maybe Kewell just didnt want the job and is happy @ Crawley for the time being
    As someone who lives dangerously close to Crawley, its almost impossible to be happy in Crawley...
    As someone who once made the mistake of moving to the Maidenbower Estate in Crawley (started to look to move after 6 months) I tend to agree.
    And Maidenbower is ''the good part'' I lived in Poundhill for a year or so when I was 10 or 11, and then Langley Green until I was 14.
    Pound Hill is nice, Langladesh not so much.
  • Redrobo said:

JamesSeed said:

ct_addick said:

Kewell? As in manager of 13th in league 2 Crawley?

Yay.

Kewell and Bowyer are good mates so he would probably keep him on as assistant manager.
    Why not the other way round? Ideal scenario.
    Why appoint Kewell full stop? He means nothing to our club and is not therefore someone who would unite the club, nor is he a stand out coach.

I would have thought any new owner would be fully aware of our recent history and would have enough common sense to engage with fans before rushing into decisions.

I meant ideal scenario for new owners if they're Aussies. Bowyer as manager for the fans, Kewell as the Aussie connection (assistant manager). At least they're mates.

Personally would prefer Bowyer and Jacko.
  • I would imagine that they have compiled a list and Kewell would be high on it. I cant see how that means they would risk a chance of promotion by making an immediate change.

Quite a few people were saying last week that keeping Robinson on was the sensible thing to do

"give him a chance with the new owners' money" they said.

I prefer to wait until the takeover has actually happened before second guessing who they will pick as manager.
    Which is pretty much what I was trying to say.
  • Its a forum, people are going to debate who they think / would like the management to be in different scenarios. The same as they are going to debate who the new owner might be and when or if a take over is gonna happen.

To tell members of the biggest unofficial club supporters forum to wait and see, is a bit silly imo
  • edited March 2018
    I feel I should contribute something significant at this juncture in the thread, by stating that I rather like Bexhill.

• Can people please stop talking about the takeover! We are trying to talk about West Sussex towns.

#EastSussexMatters
    I love living in East Sussex, lovely countryside, nice seaside towns, clean air, clear night skies, so glad I left dismal, dirty, traffic polluted, light polluted, crowded south east London.

Where did you live before you moved to East Sussex?

• Can people please stop talking about the takeover! We are trying to talk about West Sussex towns.

#EastSussexMatters
    I love living in East Sussex, lovely countryside, nice seaside towns, clean air, clear night skies, so glad I left dismal, dirty, traffic polluted, light polluted, crowded south east London.

Good shooting an all
  • Sponsored links:

• So is it next week or should the headline change

#EastSussexMatters

I agree. Born, bred and lived in SE London until I was 22 then lived in Welling & Bexleyheath for a combination of another 30 years but I would not go back now if you gave me a free house to live in.

I live in Kent by the way not Sussex
  • I see that Roland has been posting in his twitter account about his life's philosophy. image

although that is rather in keeping with "live laugh love and be happy"

#EastSussexMatters

moving to catsfield just up road to you in 2 weeks time ...agree with all you say
  • Simon said:

Hello fans Charlton Athletic. The coalition C.A.R.D reached the fans from Poland.Greetings. Fans From Poland.Michal Zyro is the Best!.
    WE WANT ROLAND OUT!!!!!!!
    WE LOVE CHARLTON!!!!!

Dzien dobry! Welcome to Charlton Life guys!

#EastSussexMatters
    Not sure it does :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!