Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited February 2018

Redhenry and Airman Brown have both inboxed me and told me who our new owners are.
    Unfortunately they told me not to tell anyone.

So THAT'S why you went AWOL last night !

Too busy getting blotto with your very own , private celebration.....

( Message me please !)

:smile:
  • Are we 100% certain that there is no Chinese interest ?

What drives your question?

Was talk a good few weeks back now that there was Chinese interest and I don’t remember hearing that they had gone away. The rumour just seemed to disappear.

There was a Chinese group shown around the training ground but somebody on here (AB?) said it was nothing to do with a takeover bid
    They were looking for their missing fortune cookies, perhaps.
  • Planning to book my Shrewsbury tickets tonight or tomorrow.

If takeover officially announced by then, I'm bringing Roops and Pbear.

If not, then there is not enough time to plan to bring them and it'll just be me and an overnight mega bus

Any news would be awesome
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Just when you thought things couldn't get any more confusing on this thread, I re appear. Hopefully fill up my knowledge tank tonight and will of course divulge if anything notable where possible. Has the discrepancy between red henrys multiple parties still involved and airmans done deal been resolved yet? Fingers crossed for a big announcement tonight, doubt it though.

Can you find out if there's been any due diligence yet?
    My source 'conduit' wasn't there tonight so not able to update you any further on this TRR - tedious question though isn't it? Its well known DD has now taken place in the last month or so, anything prior is unsubstantiated guff but u keep on with that boring question, i'd be amazed if you could post anything more interesting. What was my guess? A sale once division known? Tick tock for those saying its a done deal i guess even though i hope its true.
    Surprised to see you calling out Richard Murray, Doucher. He said on January 20th that several groups had already done due diligence. Or did they all manage it in the first three weeks of January?

“A number of consortiums have done due diligence“ - Murray, club website January 20th.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a63b950d0048/richard-murray-met-fan-representatives-to-update-on-takeover-talks-and-the-current-running-of-the-club
    Not calling anyone out - how long does a full DD take particularly if most of the info is made available prior to that anyway?
  • Redhenry and Airman Brown have both inboxed me and told me who our new owners are.

Blackpool ..... it's not the Oystons, is it?

• edited February 2018
    Interesting coincidence ? Not connected ? insignificant but definitely not bollocks.

Knight Dragon the owners of most of the undeveloped land on the peninsula are currently looking to build 15k homes, commercial units on land near the O2.

The proposal to build an “arena” on the site was shelved a couple of years ago. It’s been taken off the shelf and being dusted down so I’m told. Doesn’t mean that it’s going to happen of course or it’s connected to CAFC but it’s definitely not gone away completely just yet.
  • Redhenry and Airman Brown have both inboxed me and told me who our new owners are.

So THAT'S why you went AWOL last night !

Too busy getting blotto with your very own , private celebration.....

( Message me please !)

:smile:
    I shall massage you Saturday and not before:)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018

In the words of bexleyboy/Colin it was all actually agreed in the summer, just no one has got round to completing it yet.

Really ? :smiley::smiley::smiley: Over on the dark side it was reported that Airman gets his info from BBs posts so I expect there will be a rushed special edition of the Voice on the streets in the next few days. AB please post mine as I'm still boycotting until the Belgian has sold everything & buggered off.
  • RB Charlton has a nice ring to it.
  • is the Peninsula back on the agenda?

peninsula...
    Where you just confirming he spelt it right?
  • Interesting coincidence ? Not connected ? insignificant but definitely not bollocks.

Knight Dragon the owners of most of the undeveloped land on the peninsula are currently looking to build 15k homes, commercial units on land near the O2.

The proposal to build an “arena” on the site was shelved a couple of years ago. It’s been taken off the shelf and being dusted down so I’m told. Doesn’t mean that it’s going to happen of course or it’s connected to CAFC but it’s definitely not gone away completely just yet.

I don’t get why they would do that. I don’t see how putting a football stadium there would enhance the area. Now if an arena is a second music venue that brings in punters for more than 25 days a year, which adds foot traffic and makes the area attractive for other businesses, maybe.

But I don’t think new football stadiums and new houses go together.
  • Macronate said:

RB Charlton has a nice ring to it.

Not if the RB stands for "Relegation Bound".
  • Interesting coincidence ? Not connected ? insignificant but definitely not bollocks.

I don’t get why they would do that. I don’t see how putting a football stadium there would enhance the area. Now if an arena is a second music venue that brings in punters for more than 25 days a year, which adds foot traffic and makes the area attractive for other businesses, maybe.

I totally agree but nevertheless it is back on the agenda. To what extent I don’t know.

• Redrobo said:

is the Peninsula back on the agenda?

peninsula...
    Where you just confirming he spelt it right?
    No it just got me thinking (see my previous comment about the word on page something)
  • Redrobo said:

peninsula...
    Where Were you just confirming he spelt it right?
  • Sponsored links:

• The premise of the Jimenez/Cash scheme was that the council would only grant residential consent for certain parts of the peninsula site if Charlton moved there and they would use their compulsory purchase power to secure that objective. We don’t have that from the council but we do have it in a professional report of a meeting with the council presented to the High Court.

I haven’t studied the latest situation with the land, but the idea was clearly that the massive profit from residential consent would pay for a new stadium as well as lining the pockets of the people who made it possible by moving the club. Sale of The Valley would potentially enable “affordable homes” to be built there and allow the more expensive land at the peninsula to accommodate dearer properties than would otherwise be the case. But profit from it would not pay for a new stadium and the necessary infrastructure of itself - by a very wide margin.

We were in 2013 - and are now - many years away from such a scheme being deliverable. The council has to justify compulsory purchase and can be challenged in court by the landowner.

In my opinion nobody is buying the club on the basis of such a scheme, any more than they were in 2013.

The development for residential property and commercial units is going ahead presumably funded by Knight Dragon. The shelved arena might or might not happen but it is again being looked at by the developer. I wouldn’t presume to know on what scale or basis and as AB says I seriously doubt it is connected with CAFC at all even if it were to go ahead.

Quite why an arena of any size is required so close to the O2 is a puzzle to me.

• Working in USA, had to jump pages from 363 to 422 to avoid going nuts, on page 432 now and trying to keep up.
    Spotted this at an outdoor bar in Miami (it’s tough out here), could this be the new owner?
  • Damien Hirst told me once, don’t chase the dollar, let the dollar chase you. Roland are you listening
  • edited February 2018
    MarcusH26 said:

Dave2l said:

MarcusH26 said:

Didn't someone mention yesterday that they believed the Scots had walked away completely?

Roland wouldn't sell us to a Chinese person.
    He cares about the club too much.

(Just to make it completely clear that it's a joke and I'm not raciest...Roland a few years ago said Chinese owners were shit....not in those exact words)
    Yeah I remember that bizarre interview just after he brought St Truiden again.
  • Redrobo said:

peninsula...
    Where Were you just confirming he spelt it right?
    Sod off.
  • I'm starting to think

Interesting coincidence ? Not connected ? insignificant but definitely not bollocks.

I agree but tell that to the developers building the flats around wembley stadium and those that will be built around spurs new stadium. If Charlton move to a new ground, the valley can be built on, lets hope it doesn't happen.
  • DOUCHER said:

I'm starting to think

I agree but tell that to the developers building the flats around wembley stadium and those that will be built around spurs new stadium. If Charlton move to a new ground, the valley can be built on, lets hope it doesn't happen.
    Yeah, but the stadium was already there. Wembley was rebuilt, and Spurs moved across the road. Any empty space will always get filled in by other developments.

The isn’t a stadium on the peninsula site, so why build one if you could build more houses. Unless there’s something about the land that makes it unsuitable for residential.
  • Just had a thought

Does this February completion date that Murray has said (twice) coincide with the date Joyes (Finance officer guy ) finishes his notice and goes up to Boring?

Surely they'd want it sorted before he goes?
  • Anyone heard about the redbull rumour?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!