Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Been no news for ages now :(
  • DOUCHER said:

I'm starting to think

Interesting coincidence ? Not connected ? insignificant but definitely not bollocks.

Knight Dragon the owners of most of the undeveloped land on the peninsula are currently looking to build 15k homes, commercial units on land near the O2.

The proposal to build an “arena” on the site was shelved a couple of years ago. It’s been taken off the shelf and being dusted down so I’m told. Doesn’t mean that it’s going to happen of course or it’s connected to CAFC but it’s definitely not gone away completely just yet.

I don’t get why they would do that. I don’t see how putting a football stadium there would enhance the area. Now if an arena is a second music venue that brings in punters for more than 25 days a year, which adds foot traffic and makes the area attractive for other businesses, maybe.

But I don’t think new football stadiums and new houses go together.
    I agree but tell that to the developers building the flats around wembley stadium and those that will be built around spurs new stadium. If Charlton move to a new ground, the valley can be built on, lets hope it doesn't happen.
    Yeah, but the stadium was already there. Wembley was rebuilt, and Spurs moved across the road. Any empty space will always get filled in by other developments.

The isn’t a stadium on the peninsula site, so why build one if you could build more houses. Unless there’s something about the land that makes it unsuitable for residential.
    Yes but my point is that for some reason, residential developers see being near to a new stadium as an attractive thing now rather than a negative - all round Wembley previously were industrial / warehouse type uses, not residential
  • iamdan said:

Anyone heard about the redbull rumour?

You hum it,I'll play it
  • barstool said:

Damien Hirst told me once, don’t chase the dollar, let the dollar chase you. Roland are you listening

You sure it wasn’t the bar stool that told you that?
  • iamdan said:

Anyone heard about the redbull rumour?

It’s not a red bull https://youtu.be/eFhqLCLTQ-w
  • edited February 2018
    ......Or for washing your arse after bumming.
  • Red bull enquired last season and laughed at the price that RD wanted.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm starting to think

Interesting coincidence ? Not connected ? insignificant but definitely not bollocks.

Knight Dragon the owners of most of the undeveloped land on the peninsula are currently looking to build 15k homes, commercial units on land near the O2.

The proposal to build an “arena” on the site was shelved a couple of years ago. It’s been taken off the shelf and being dusted down so I’m told. Doesn’t mean that it’s going to happen of course or it’s connected to CAFC but it’s definitely not gone away completely just yet.

I don’t get why they would do that. I don’t see how putting a football stadium there would enhance the area. Now if an arena is a second music venue that brings in punters for more than 25 days a year, which adds foot traffic and makes the area attractive for other businesses, maybe.

I agree but tell that to the developers building the flats around wembley stadium and those that will be built around spurs new stadium. If Charlton move to a new ground, the valley can be built on, lets hope it doesn't happen.
    Yeah, but the stadium was already there. Wembley was rebuilt, and Spurs moved across the road. Any empty space will always get filled in by other developments.

The isn’t a stadium on the peninsula site, so why build one if you could build more houses. Unless there’s something about the land that makes it unsuitable for residential.
    Yes but my point is that for some reason, residential developers see being near to a new stadium as an attractive thing now rather than a negative - all round Wembley previously were industrial / warehouse type uses, not residential
    Is that true? Or is it that land is so scarse that they’re just not put off by the proximity to a stadium. I doubt many prospective purchasers would see proximity to a stadium as a positive necessarily. A park, a pub, a school, shops, a railway station etc would be higher up the list. It’d probably be a negative wouldn’t it?
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm starting to think

Is that true? Or is it that land is so scarse that they’re just not put off by the proximity to a stadium. I doubt many prospective purchasers would see proximity to a stadium as a positive necessarily. A park, a pub, a school, shops, a railway station etc would be higher up the list. It’d probably be a negative wouldn’t it?
    Cable car?
  • Last Saturday Mrs RM and I were out to dinner with very good friends of ours, an ex-golf professional and his Mrs. He now works for Red Bull and is quite high up on their F1 team. We got talking about RB as a company and the money they invest in their sports teams (F1/Footie). The amounts, on an annual basis, are bewildering!! If, and I'm not in the know, it is them then financially we would be up there with the best of them. We discussed the situation for about an hour, boring Mrs RM and his wife to bits to be honest, but if it is them then I for one would be happy and prepared to accept a name change for the ground, which would likely be The Red Bull Valley or something similar. I have to point out that my friend is not in the know either, although he is about all things F1 for both Red Bull and Toro Rosso. I did ask him however to let me know if he did hear anything as he is now away as from today, I think, testing with the F1 teams in Spain.

The problem with red bull is I highly doubt they would settle for a ground name change. Perhaps initially but eventually they would find a way to change the club name also
  • Perhaps Lookmans put a good word in for us in Leipzig
  • 1. It’s not red bull

2. We would not be called red bull charlton. It would be red bull London
  • edited February 2018

1. It’s not red bull

1. Correct

2. Name change of that magnitude would not be allowed.

• Last Saturday Mrs RM and I were out to dinner with very good friends of ours, an ex-golf professional and his Mrs. He now works for Red Bull and is quite high up on their F1 team. We got talking about RB as a company and the money they invest in their sports teams (F1/Footie). The amounts, on an annual basis, are bewildering!! If, and I'm not in the know, it is them then financially we would be up there with the best of them. We discussed the situation for about an hour, boring Mrs RM and his wife to bits to be honest, but if it is them then I for one would be happy and prepared to accept a name change for the ground, which would likely be The Red Bull Valley or something similar. I have to point out that my friend is not in the know either, although he is about all things F1 for both Red Bull and Toro Rosso. I did ask him however to let me know if he did hear anything as he is now away as from today, I think, testing with the F1 teams in Spain.

It's not Red Bull.
    Hi @Stu_of_Kunming I didn't say it was Red Bull, in fact I did say I wasn't in the know. I merely put my discussion with a good friend of mine on here as people keep mentioning them. The point I was trying to make is, IF it was them then the finances involved you make us a fairly 'rich' club. However, I don't know anymore than most on here who it is, or indeed if we are close to being taken over or not. The only thing I do know for sure is the RD has put the club up for sale. Like I said I was just sharing a conversation about how Red Bull finance their sports connections.
  • 1. It’s not red bull

1. Correct

I think he was joking.
  • edited February 2018

1. It’s not red bull

1. Correct

1. Where do I collect my points

2. Money talks. Especially in the football league
  • 1. It’s not red bull

1. Correct

By whom?
  • Sponsored links:

• lets have an argument about something that will never happen ..hold on is there a thread about religion on here ?
  • 1. It’s not red bull

1. Correct

Would be if we were relocated, as they'd argue it's an entirely new team, a la MK Dons
  • I honestly don't know how people will lead there lives once a take over is completed.

Where will they talk complete bollox in the future?
  • I honestly don't know how people will lead there lives once a take over is completed.

Where will they talk complete bollox in the future?

The various other threads of bollocks.
  • on the Brexit thread?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!