Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The premise of the Jimenez/Cash scheme was that the council would only grant residential consent for certain parts of the peninsula site if Charlton moved there and they would use their compulsory purchase power to secure that objective. We don’t have that from the council but we do have it in a professional report of a meeting with the council presented to the High Court.

I haven’t studied the latest situation with the land, but the idea was clearly that the massive profit from residential consent would pay for a new stadium as well as lining the pockets of the people who made it possible by moving the club. Sale of The Valley would potentially enable “affordable” homes to be built there and allow the more expensive land at the peninsula to accommodate dearer properties than would otherwise be the case. But profit from selling/developing The Valley would not pay for a new stadium and the necessary infrastructure at the peninsula of itself - by a very wide margin.

We were in 2013 - and are now - many years away from such a scheme being deliverable. The council has to justify compulsory purchase and can be challenged in court by the landowner.

In my opinion nobody is buying the club on the basis of such a scheme in 2018, any more than they were in 2013.

It does throw out some interesting pointers as to why the deal is taking so long and why someone is prepared to pay £45 or £50mn for a Club clearly worth £25 to £30mn tops. Don't write off this possibility Australian Group has people that have large Property Portfolios and a Multi Purpose Stadium with Residential/Social/Student Housing surrounding it is a very viable proposition, add in commercial outlets and it starts to have wings.
    It may also answer the question about Directors Loans, they pay them off when they are ready to do the Property deal and roll over initially.
    Also if the buyer has deep pockets and is already a big Property Player as well as Football Fan, with big ambitions say over 10 years to become a Premier League player, wouldn't you make sure you have big enough money making stadiun ultimately to compete,it would go hand in hand with someone with a grand vision that we would all buy into.
    I still don’t see that you can resolve the planning and land ownership variables prior to doing any deal. It’s a punt at best, because the council can’t make those commitments without following due process.

The spivs estimated that the whole Morden Wharf scheme would cost £2bn to build in 2013 and there was a potential profit of £800m on top, so taking that as a benchmark you need people with very deep pockets at the table.

Rumour is the Aussies have been looking to raise money in the City, but against what?
    @Airman Brown is there a property angle at the training ground? That's the angle I had heard some time back, that there is a property element here, but it isn't the Valley.

My own scepticism about that is with what happened very nearby with the Gaelic Association grounds in New Eltham. Sainburys paid them a lot of money many years ago for that piece of land, but never got planning permission and it has laid waste ever since. The GAA were very happy though!
  • TelMc32 said:

The premise of the Jimenez/Cash scheme was that the council would only grant residential consent for certain parts of the peninsula site if Charlton moved there and they would use their compulsory purchase power to secure that objective. We don’t have that from the council but we do have it in a professional report of a meeting with the council presented to the High Court.

I haven’t studied the latest situation with the land, but the idea was clearly that the massive profit from residential consent would pay for a new stadium as well as lining the pockets of the people who made it possible by moving the club. Sale of The Valley would potentially enable “affordable” homes to be built there and allow the more expensive land at the peninsula to accommodate dearer properties than would otherwise be the case. But profit from selling/developing The Valley would not pay for a new stadium and the necessary infrastructure at the peninsula of itself - by a very wide margin.

We were in 2013 - and are now - many years away from such a scheme being deliverable. The council has to justify compulsory purchase and can be challenged in court by the landowner.

In my opinion nobody is buying the club on the basis of such a scheme in 2018, any more than they were in 2013.

It does throw out some interesting pointers as to why the deal is taking so long and why someone is prepared to pay £45 or £50mn for a Club clearly worth £25 to £30mn tops. Don't write off this possibility Australian Group has people that have large Property Portfolios and a Multi Purpose Stadium with Residential/Social/Student Housing surrounding it is a very viable proposition, add in commercial outlets and it starts to have wings.
    It may also answer the question about Directors Loans, they pay them off when they are ready to do the Property deal and roll over initially.
    Also if the buyer has deep pockets and is already a big Property Player as well as Football Fan, with big ambitions say over 10 years to become a Premier League player, wouldn't you make sure you have big enough money making stadiun ultimately to compete,it would go hand in hand with someone with a grand vision that we would all buy into.
    I still don’t see that you can resolve the planning and land ownership variables prior to doing any deal. It’s a punt at best, because the council can’t make those commitments without following due process.

The spivs estimated that the whole Morden Wharf scheme would cost £2bn to build in 2013 and there was a potential profit of £800m on top, so taking that as a benchmark you need people with very deep pockets at the table.

Rumour is the Aussies have been looking to raise money in the City, but against what?
    @Airman Brown is there a property angle at the training ground? That's the angle I had heard some time back, that there is a property element here, but it isn't the Valley.

My own scepticism about that is with what happened very nearby with the Gaelic Association grounds in New Eltham. Sainburys paid them a lot of money many years ago for that piece of land, but never got planning permission and it has laid waste ever since. The GAA were very happy though!
    http://www.theirishworld.com/gaa-remain-tight-lipped-5-5m-new-eltham-windfall/

136 new homes
  • The premise of the Jimenez/Cash scheme was that the council would only grant residential consent for certain parts of the peninsula site if Charlton moved there and they would use their compulsory purchase power to secure that objective. We don’t have that from the council but we do have it in a professional report of a meeting with the council presented to the High Court.

meaning they are not the one's with the 'done deal'?

or "cash rich"
  • lolwray said:

The premise of the Jimenez/Cash scheme was that the council would only grant residential consent for certain parts of the peninsula site if Charlton moved there and they would use their compulsory purchase power to secure that objective. We don’t have that from the council but we do have it in a professional report of a meeting with the council presented to the High Court.

meaning they are not the one's with the 'done deal'?

or "cash rich"
    it is always possible that they have the funds for the acquisition of the Club but are looking at future funding streams.

• If there is multi billion redevelopment going on at the peninsular, then buying the local football club with a smart new stadium on the site wold bring a significant change to the local planning authorities views, particularly with our close history and CACT.

Would be a smart move, even if it was a bit of a punt. After all, they could always sell the asset to some other mug punter. They know other parties are interested.

Don't think Sparrows Lane could be considered because of the planning issues and that AFC statement was specific about the training and youth development facilities/potential.

That statement does look to me like it is specifically aimed at us - we tick all the boxes. Perhaps they've found the finance and more from their initial fishing trip and RDs announcement a=of selling the Club has allowed them to enter the ring again
  • So it’s not Redbull although no one has a clue who it is , which brings us to the Done deal so cannot be the Aussies as they are trying to raise funds in the city.
    That leaves Redhenrys mega rich Arabs or Henry Irving’s museum consortium.

So with a good guess I’d say we are still looking for a buyer.
  • So it’s not Redbull although no one has a clue who it is , which brings us to the Done deal so cannot be the Aussies as they are trying to raise funds in the city.

There are two sets of Aussies. AFC and Andrew Muir, the two are confused so often on this thread it's ridiculous. The Done Deal was posted before anybody knew AFC were still trying to raise funds, so won't be them, especially as we don't even know if it's us they're trying to raise money for.

I've not had a response to my revised bid, so there's still hope.
  • Sponsored links:

There are two sets of Aussies. AFC and Andrew Muir, the two are confused so often on this thread it's ridiculous. The Done Deal was posted before anybody knew AFC were still trying to raise funds, so won't be them, especially as we don't even know if it's us they're trying to raise money for.
    Who said its AFC trying to raise funds?
  • If the Aussie’s are having to raise capital in the City we’ll be back to square one within a couple of years.
  • I'm getting adverts for Perks coin on this thread. A new form of crypto currency bases on vol au vents I'm sure.

Good deals out at the moment ;)
    GBP USD 1.4063 Pounds to Dollars
    GBP NZD 1.906 Pounds to New Zealand Dollars
    GBP AUD 1.7797 Pounds to Australian Dollars
    GBP CAD 1.7619 Pounds to Canadian Dollars
    GBP JPY 149.57 Pounds to Yen
    GBP ZAR 16.356 Pounds to South African Rands
    GBP AED 5.1653 Pounds to Dirhams
    GBP INR 89.908 Pounds to Rupees
    GBP TRY 5.3002 Pounds to Lira
    GBP CHF 1.3003 Pounds to Swiss Francs
    GBP VOL 1.7502 Pounds to Vol au vents
  • The fundraising in the City goes back a few weeks. It doesn’t necessarily tell you about the current situation. Personally, I’ve always been sceptical that there are two separate Aussie interested parties. It’s just as likely that one is a progression of the other.

The legal source is sticking with “done deal”, while I’ve also heard that two parties agreed a price.

One party must be RH's lot then - praying for them
  • Bad news doesn't wait, it punches you in the gut. Good news waits and bide it's time before tickling you in the belly.
  • J BLOCK said:

The fundraising in the City goes back a few weeks. It doesn’t necessarily tell you about the current situation. Personally, I’ve always been sceptical that there are two separate Aussie interested parties. It’s just as likely that one is a progression of the other.

The legal source is sticking with “done deal”, while I’ve also heard that two parties agreed a price.

If both parties agreed the price then presumably it's the same price!

All RH's super-rich bidders would need to do is raise their offer by £1 and a roll of Duck tape - surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

The fundraising in the City goes back a few weeks. It doesn’t necessarily tell you about the current situation. Personally, I’ve always been sceptical that there are two separate Aussie interested parties. It’s just as likely that one is a progression of the other.

Rolf Harris?
  • The fundraising in the City goes back a few weeks. It doesn’t necessarily tell you about the current situation. Personally, I’ve always been sceptical that there are two separate Aussie interested parties. It’s just as likely that one is a progression of the other.

Thanks again mate for telling me who they are.
    Don't worry I won't reveal a thing
  • JWADDICK said:

In astronomical terms the Milky Way and Andromeda will collide imminently, in around 2 billion years time. It will still happen before the Belgian shitbag sells this football club.

"Belgian shitbag" succinct and to the point.
  • I honestly don't know how people will lead there lives once a take over is completed.

Where will they talk complete bollox in the future?

The various other threads of bollocks.
    All the whilst I am on here you will find complete bollocks posted.
  • STOP F***ING TALKING ABOUT RED BULL !!!!

Well said. I’ll drink to that.

Good one that Dicky.
  • I honestly don't know how people will lead there lives once a take over is completed.

Where will they talk complete bollox in the future?

The various other threads of bollocks.
    All the whilst I am on here you will find complete bollocks posted.
    They may be complete but I’ve heard they’re ever so tiny.....
  • Fumbluff said:

3blokes said:

So far we’ve been about to be taken over by a horse, bull and a kangaroo...

Would ya?
    Yes.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!