Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited February 2018
    DOUCHER said:

The fundraising in the City goes back a few weeks. It doesn’t necessarily tell you about the current situation. Personally, I’ve always been sceptical that there are two separate Aussie interested parties. It’s just as likely that one is a progression of the other.

The legal source is sticking with “done deal”, while I’ve also heard that two parties agreed a price.

How can it be a “done deal” if there are at least two other parties in the mix?
    Two different sources.
    Your clearly an intelligent man Airman but just out of interest, is the source that told you it was imminent back in October, the same one that said it was a done deal last week?
    No. It could be that RD has agreed the price but is now waiting to see if he can get better terms out of another bidder, eg more up front.

There is also a possibility that he views one interested party as a better bet in terms of realising contingent elements of the payment, for example by reaching the PL quicker or at all. That would explain the “preferred bidder” line used internally.

Even RM said a week ago that one party was very close on price, and I think his information was already out of date when he gave it.
  • JamesSeed said:

I am not sure what Red Bull is? I am sixty on Saturday and I know what fat coke, squash, good Cornish and Kent ale and last of all whatHorlicks is.

It tastes like bull urine and holds the secret to human flight. Best enjoyed with a Pot Noodle.
    Ok, I’ve got all those ingredients in front of me for what sounds like will be a delicious meal, but how do I cook the pot noodle?
    Boil Red Bull in kettle then pour over pot noodle. Leave to stand for 5 mins before stirring, chucking it in the bin and then reaching for the Just Eat app.
    Followed your instructions but missed the bit about chucking it in the bin, had it for breakfast and I’m feeling a bit iffy as a result. Not blaming you of course, but it smelt so delicious I wolfed it down.

By the way, how’s the takeover going?
    What takeover?
    I heard RedBull we’re taking over PotNoodle.
    Don't put your RedBull in the microwave....
  • What? We are being taken over by Potnoodle?

FFS! Getting even more confused now...
  • Redhenry said:

@Redhenry can you confirm whether or not the Man City rich bidders are still on the scene please?

Yes, as far as I am aware.
    Redhenry said:

@Redhenry can you confirm whether or not the Man City rich bidders are still on the scene please?

Yes, as far as I am aware.

How will this work? Will it be under the same money but with different ownership? As I understand one owner cannot own two teams in the same Country.

• Sponsored links:

• What? We are being taken over by Potnoodle?

Maybe the whole pot noodle microwave comment was a sly hint towards who our new owners are
  • a CEO of one of the sponsors, says he has has gone and will be confirmed as early as Monday.

It’s hard to tell now. Is this a serious post or just more bollocks ?

• a CEO of one of the sponsors, says he has has gone and will be confirmed as early as Monday.

Interesting. Excerpt is from the latest VOTV.
    February 18th is a Sunday? Why would anybody go to the extra expense of paying lawyers, etc. double time for a Sunday rather than wait 24 hours?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018

a CEO of one of the sponsors, says he has has gone and will be confirmed as early as Monday.

February 18th is a Sunday? Why would anybody go to the extra expense of paying lawyers, etc. double time for a Sunday rather than wait 24 hours?
    I know but you would have to address that question to Keohane. I wondered at the time if it could mark the expiry of a period of exclusivity, because how else would a date be known that far in advance?
  • Didn’t want to come too early.

My guess is that it’s more expensive running the club an extra day than paying lawyers for overtime
  • Hex said:

Just seen the latest odds for a Charlton takeover...

Aussie Muir - 2/1
    Joint SA/UK bid - 3/1
    Chinese takeaway (Pot Noodle) - 5/1
    Australian Football Consortium - 8/1
    Obscenely weathy Arabs - 11/1
    Red Bull - 20/1
    No sale - 25/1
    Aliens from the planet Zog - 100/1

Has the Museum pulled out ?
    Museum 20/1

whilst it's still the Sunday here it's Monday in Australia ;-))

I don’t want to sound ungrateful but I would rather have the Man City rich bidders over the Aussies.
  • so the australian owners of red bull ,man city and pot noodle who like poetry are moving us to the peninsula and are paying 60 mill up front for us

is there anything i have missed ?
  • edited February 2018
    lolwray said:

so the australian owners of red bull ,man city and pot noodle who like poetry are moving us to the peninsula and are paying 60 mill up front for us

And changing the name to red bull pot noodle London city F.C.
  • lolwray said:

so the australian owners of red bull ,man city and pot noodle who like poetry are moving us to the peninsula and are paying 60 mill up front for us

77 mill. Well, more now after a few extra months of interest and increased value right @NapaAddick ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!