Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The CEO of one of the clubs sponsors has been informed that Duchatelet has sold. That’s what this implies ?

I’m certainly not suggesting that this is wrong but if the club is putting the news out there to sponsors then a, it’s very close and b, it’s only a matter of time before the sports media gets wind. The club are obviously now comfortable that people not on non disclosure agreements are in the loop. If that’s correct I would think the identity of the preferred bidder will come to light very soon as well.

Hopefully
  • B
    L
    O
    W
    N

A
    W
    A
    Y

L
    O
    L

• I am not sure what Red Bull is? I am sixty on Saturday and I know what fat coke, squash, good Cornish and Kent ale and last of all whatHorlicks is.

It tastes like bull urine and holds the secret to human flight. Best enjoyed with a Pot Noodle.
    Ok, I’ve got all those ingredients in front of me for what sounds like will be a delicious meal, but how do I cook the pot noodle?
    Boil Red Bull in kettle then pour over pot noodle. Leave to stand for 5 mins before stirring, chucking it in the bin and then reaching for the Just Eat app.
    From takeover to takeaway. Finally a transition that makes sense!
  • edited February 2018

The CEO of one of the clubs sponsors has been informed that Duchatelet has sold. That’s what this implies ?

I’m certainly not suggesting that this is wrong but if the club is putting the news out there to sponsors then a, it’s very close and b, it’s only a matter of time before the sports media gets wind. The club are obviously now comfortable that people not on non disclosure agreements are in the loop. If that’s correct I would think the identity of the preferred bidder will come to light very soon as well.

Depends which sponsor. I can think of at least one who would get information from other sources than the club. There is no obvious reason for the club to tell sponsors in advance. The relationship is with the club, not the owner.
  • The CEO of one of the clubs sponsors has been informed that Duchatelet has sold. That’s what this implies ?

Depends which sponsor. I can think of at least one who would get information from other sources than the club. There is no obvious reason for the club to tell sponsors in advance. The relationship is with the club, not the owner.
    Could it have been a former sponsor who stopped sponsoring because of Roland and the club is reaching out to bring them back because he's going?
  • cafcwill said:

The CEO of one of the clubs sponsors has been informed that Duchatelet has sold. That’s what this implies ?

Could it have been a former sponsor who stopped sponsoring because of Roland and the club is reaching out to bring them back because he's going?
    Unlikely that would be a priority before a deal is announced. I would surmise that someone who also sponsors other clubs has caught up with gossip.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am bemused by the sheer determination of CL to make Red Bull our new owners when the evidence suggests they are not even in the fray. It's like a joke that has been way over stretched but still sort of amusing. Doh!
  • cafcwill said:

Unlikely that would be a priority before a deal is announced. I would surmise that someone who also sponsors other clubs has caught up with gossip.
    Depends if there were some weavering people in the room, and a change of ownership would convince them to hand over the cash?
  • edited February 2018

• Enigmatic as ever.
  • I am bemused by the sheer determination of CL to make Red Bull our new owners when the evidence suggests they are not even in the fray. It's like a joke that has been way over stretched but still sort of amusing. Doh!

So red bull are buying us?
  • Is it time to break out the "its happening" gif???

So red bull are buying us?
    That's how I'm reading it.
  • Fumbluff said:

I don’t believe anything on this thread anymore.
    I only come here for the pictures.
    Does anyone have one of a penguin fighting a chicken?

This is from the weigh in, fight is tomorrow night on box nation

• Obviously they asked the CEO if his company wanted to sponsor the new ground by the Thames Barrier.
  • Sponsored links:

• I might sort myself out a celebratory Red Bull(TM) and microwave a Pot Noodle(TM) to welcome our new Austrian ownership.
  • Obviously they asked the CEO if his company wanted to sponsor the new ground by the Thames Barrier.

I thought Barnier was too busy negotiating Brexit?
  • a CEO of one of the sponsors, says he has has gone and will be confirmed as early as Monday.

Interesting. Excerpt is from the latest VOTV.
    February 18th is a Sunday? Why would anybody go to the extra expense of paying lawyers, etc. double time for a Sunday rather than wait 24 hours?
    The lawyers could be charging a fixed fee.
  • edited February 2018

a CEO of one of the sponsors, says he has has gone and will be confirmed as early as Monday.

What’s VOTV ? You haven’t mentioned it before ...
    Vaults on the valleys. Welsh consortium taking us over?
  • a CEO of one of the sponsors, says he has has gone and will be confirmed as early as Monday.

What’s VOTV ? You haven’t mentioned it before ...
    Vaginas On To Victory, it's his woman's rights magazine

It’s hard to tell now. Is this a serious post or just more bollocks ?

i made it up because i have nothing better to do.

can confirm its a current sponsor and also a supplier to cafc.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!