Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Rudders22 said:

How imminent Covered End?

Shortly.
  • I am not sure what Red Bull is? I am sixty on Saturday and I know what fat coke, squash, good Cornish and Kent ale and last of all whatHorlicks is.
  • Im happy with red bull
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

I've said before it, the party mentioned to me wasn't Red Bull. Also their bid wasn't initially accepted but they were going back with a counter, last I heard.

I hope the counter is a counter punch to the chops
  • The premise of the Jimenez/Cash scheme was that the council would only grant residential consent for certain parts of the peninsula site if Charlton moved there and they would use their compulsory purchase power to secure that objective. We don’t have that from the council but we do have it in a professional report of a meeting with the council presented to the High Court.

I haven’t studied the latest situation with the land, but the idea was clearly that the massive profit from residential consent would pay for a new stadium as well as lining the pockets of the people who made it possible by moving the club. Sale of The Valley would potentially enable “affordable” homes to be built there and allow the more expensive land at the peninsula to accommodate dearer properties than would otherwise be the case. But profit from selling/developing The Valley would not pay for a new stadium and the necessary infrastructure at the peninsula of itself - by a very wide margin.

We were in 2013 - and are now - many years away from such a scheme being deliverable. The council has to justify compulsory purchase and can be challenged in court by the landowner.

In my opinion nobody is buying the club on the basis of such a scheme in 2018, any more than they were in 2013.

It does throw out some interesting pointers as to why the deal is taking so long and why someone is prepared to pay £45 or £50mn for a Club clearly worth £25 to £30mn tops. Don't write off this possibility Australian Group has people that have large Property Portfolios and a Multi Purpose Stadium with Residential/Social/Student Housing surrounding it is a very viable proposition, add in commercial outlets and it starts to have wings.
    It may also answer the question about Directors Loans, they pay them off when they are ready to do the Property deal and roll over initially.
    Also if the buyer has deep pockets and is already a big Property Player as well as Football Fan, with big ambitions say over 10 years to become a Premier League player, wouldn't you make sure you have big enough money making stadiun ultimately to compete,it would go hand in hand with someone with a grand vision that we would all buy into.
    so you are saying it's Red Bull then
  • Red Bull Leipzig like lookman, maybe Red Bull Charlton could snap him up too
  • edited February 2018

I am not sure what Red Bull is? I am sixty on Saturday and I know what fat coke, squash, good Cornish and Kent ale and last of all whatHorlicks is.

It tastes like bull urine and holds the secret to human flight. Best enjoyed with a Pot Noodle.
    Ok, I’ve got all those ingredients in front of me for what sounds like a delicious meal, but how do I cook the pot noodle?
  • clb74 said:

Im happy with red bull

You're never happy.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018

I am not sure what Red Bull is? I am sixty on Saturday and I know what fat coke, squash, good Cornish and Kent ale and last of all whatHorlicks is.

It tastes like bull urine and holds the secret to human flight. Best enjoyed with a Pot Noodle.
    Ok, I’ve got all those ingredients in front of me for what sounds like will be a delicious meal, but how do I cook the pot noodle?
    Boil Red Bull in kettle then pour over pot noodle. Leave to stand for 5 mins before stirring, chucking it in the bin and then reaching for the Just Eat app.
    Followed your instructions but missed the bit about chucking it in the bin, had it for breakfast and I’m feeling a bit iffy as a result. Not blaming you of course, but it smelt so delicious I wolfed it down.

By the way, how’s the takeover going?
  • edited February 2018
    Ho-hum

<KiwiValley starts whistling like Tom Good in the Good Life as he relaxedly waits for news to break of the club sale

<KiwiValley’s eye starts to twitch, and so for momentary relief, KiwiValley thrusts his head clean through a safety glass window

• I am not sure what Red Bull is? I am sixty on Saturday and I know what fat coke, squash, good Cornish and Kent ale and last of all whatHorlicks is.

Ok, I’ve got all those ingredients in front of me for what sounds like will be a delicious meal, but how do I cook the pot noodle?
    Boil Red Bull in kettle then pour over pot noodle. Leave to stand for 5 mins before stirring, chucking it in the bin and then reaching for the Just Eat app.
    Followed your instructions but missed the bit about chucking it in the bin, had it for breakfast and I’m feeling a bit iffy as a result. Not blaming you of course, but it smelt so delicious I wolfed it down.

By the way, how’s the takeover going?
    What takeover?
  • johnny73 said:

The instructions say just add boiling water but honestly it's best to ignore that and just chuck it in the microwave oven.
    When chucking in the micro do I leave it in the carton or not?
  • edited February 2018
  • johnny73 said:

The instructions say just add boiling water but honestly it's best to ignore that and just chuck it in the microwave oven.
    Nope , wrap in tin foil
  • Is anybody else leaning towards slapping one of Airman's sources around the face with a wet fish? :smile:

Yes, urgently needs to be downgraded to acquaintance rather than source.
  • johnny73 said:

Use any metallic container. I'd also suggest heating up an egg at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!