Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited February 2018

STOP F***ING TALKING ABOUT RED BULL !!!!

I get paid evey time Red bull is mentioned on this thread. Why do you think I've been so keen to see the debate continue? ;)
  • It will be spectacular to see those tiny RB planes whizzing over our new stadium on the peninsula “Roland is Out Out” banner trailing behind and seeing AFKA and the kids going whoar that great...shame about the football match moan moan moan ;0)

• Posted by Robert Lee so ITK former Charlton player

It's not Red Bull, it's Rich Energy
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it just me, or has the wording on this site changed recently?

http://www.australianfc.com.au/
  • lolwray said:

Posted by Robert Lee so ITK former Charlton player

It's not Red Bull, it's Rich Energy
    odd surname
    True, but here he is - our new owner.

• Jon_CAFC_ said:

Is it just me, or has the wording on this site changed recently?

think that has been like that a while now but it did change from the original wording when AFC were first mooted to be interested.

In any case the Aussies interested now are fronted by Andrew Muir and AFC isn't involved.
  • edited February 2018
    3blokes said:

So far we’ve been about to be taken over by a horse, bull and a kangaroo...

• STOP F***ING TALKING ABOUT RED BULL !!!!

other disgusting fizzy drinks are available

I wasn't, just suggesting we might be being taken over by a White Bull.
  • Jon_CAFC_ said:

Is it just me, or has the wording on this site changed recently?

think that has been like that a while now but it did change from the original wording when AFC were first mooted to be interested.

In any case the Aussies interested now are fronted by Andrew Muir and AFC isn't involved.
    Who says they haven't come back into the picture?

Trying to think of the number of available Clubs that statement would be directed at - particularly as it has changed and is more specific since RD has said he is actively looking at selling.

A more viable possibility than Red Bull, that's for sure.
  • The premise of the Jimenez/Cash scheme was that the council would only grant residential consent for certain parts of the peninsula site if Charlton moved there and they would use their compulsory purchase power to secure that objective. We don’t have that from the council but we do have it in a professional report of a meeting with the council presented to the High Court.

I haven’t studied the latest situation with the land, but the idea was clearly that the massive profit from residential consent would pay for a new stadium as well as lining the pockets of the people who made it possible by moving the club. Sale of The Valley would potentially enable “affordable” homes to be built there and allow the more expensive land at the peninsula to accommodate dearer properties than would otherwise be the case. But profit from selling/developing The Valley would not pay for a new stadium and the necessary infrastructure at the peninsula of itself - by a very wide margin.

We were in 2013 - and are now - many years away from such a scheme being deliverable. The council has to justify compulsory purchase and can be challenged in court by the landowner.

In my opinion nobody is buying the club on the basis of such a scheme in 2018, any more than they were in 2013.

It does throw out some interesting pointers as to why the deal is taking so long and why someone is prepared to pay £45 or £50mn for a Club clearly worth £25 to £30mn tops. Don't write off this possibility Australian Group has people that have large Property Portfolios and a Multi Purpose Stadium with Residential/Social/Student Housing surrounding it is a very viable proposition, add in commercial outlets and it starts to have wings.
    It may also answer the question about Directors Loans, they pay them off when they are ready to do the Property deal and roll over initially.
    Also if the buyer has deep pockets and is already a big Property Player as well as Football Fan, with big ambitions say over 10 years to become a Premier League player, wouldn't you make sure you have big enough money making stadiun ultimately to compete,it would go hand in hand with someone with a grand vision that we would all buy into.
  • Message to Blackpool, you posted that you have been informed of who our new owners are, is it possible they have jumped the gun again, and can you give out any clues as to who are buying, and most importantly do they have good funding, lastly are you happy with who they are, many thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedJohn said:

Message to Blackpool, you posted that you have been informed of who our new owners are, is it possible they have jumped the gun again, and can you give out any clues as to who are buying, and most importantly do they have good funding, lastly are you happy with who they are, many thanks.

I’m fairly sure he was joking.
  • Fumbluff said:

3blokes said:

Would ya?
  • Fumbluff said:

3blokes said:

Would ya?
    In that photo she looks like a Plantagenet or Tudor era King
  • Scoham said:

Anyone think an Austrian energy drinks company that own other football clubs might be one of the interested parties?

Bed Rull?
  • It's Rich Energy

Now pay attention as I'm only going to say this once.

Rich Energy sounds a bit like Rick Everitt which explains why phone messages and email for and to the new owners are often sent to Airman by mistake.

Hence, why he's ITK.

• edited February 2018

The premise of the Jimenez/Cash scheme was that the council would only grant residential consent for certain parts of the peninsula site if Charlton moved there and they would use their compulsory purchase power to secure that objective. We don’t have that from the council but we do have it in a professional report of a meeting with the council presented to the High Court.

I haven’t studied the latest situation with the land, but the idea was clearly that the massive profit from residential consent would pay for a new stadium as well as lining the pockets of the people who made it possible by moving the club. Sale of The Valley would potentially enable “affordable” homes to be built there and allow the more expensive land at the peninsula to accommodate dearer properties than would otherwise be the case. But profit from selling/developing The Valley would not pay for a new stadium and the necessary infrastructure at the peninsula of itself - by a very wide margin.

We were in 2013 - and are now - many years away from such a scheme being deliverable. The council has to justify compulsory purchase and can be challenged in court by the landowner.

In my opinion nobody is buying the club on the basis of such a scheme in 2018, any more than they were in 2013.

It does throw out some interesting pointers as to why the deal is taking so long and why someone is prepared to pay £45 or £50mn for a Club clearly worth £25 to £30mn tops. Don't write off this possibility Australian Group has people that have large Property Portfolios and a Multi Purpose Stadium with Residential/Social/Student Housing surrounding it is a very viable proposition, add in commercial outlets and it starts to have wings.
    It may also answer the question about Directors Loans, they pay them off when they are ready to do the Property deal and roll over initially.
    Also if the buyer has deep pockets and is already a big Property Player as well as Football Fan, with big ambitions say over 10 years to become a Premier League player, wouldn't you make sure you have big enough money making stadiun ultimately to compete,it would go hand in hand with someone with a grand vision that we would all buy into.
    I still don’t see that you can resolve the planning and land ownership variables prior to doing any deal. It’s a punt at best, because the council can’t make those commitments without following due process.

The spivs estimated that the whole Morden Wharf scheme would cost £2bn to build in 2013 and there was a potential profit of £800m on top, so taking that as a benchmark you need people with very deep pockets at the table.

Rumour is the Aussies have been looking to raise money in the City, but against what?
  • STOP F***ING TALKING ABOUT RED BULL !!!!

Last time, we got taken over by Load of Bull.

• Oggy Red said:

STOP F***ING TALKING ABOUT RED BULL !!!!

Last time, we got taken over by Load of Bull.

You can't beat a bit of Bully
  • The premise of the Jimenez/Cash scheme was that the council would only grant residential consent for certain parts of the peninsula site if Charlton moved there and they would use their compulsory purchase power to secure that objective. We don’t have that from the council but we do have it in a professional report of a meeting with the council presented to the High Court.

I still don’t see that you can resolve the planning and land ownership variables prior to doing any deal. It’s a punt at best, because the council can’t make those commitments without following due process.

The spivs estimated that the whole Morden Wharf scheme would cost £2bn to build in 2013 and there was a potential profit of £800m on top, so taking that as a benchmark you need people with very deep pockets at the table.

Rumour is the Aussies have been looking to raise money in the City, but against what?
    meaning they are not the one's with the 'done deal'?

• Worrying if the Aussies are looking to raise money. I thought the AFC mob were no longer in it and the new interest was the rich Andrew Muir, potentially with other equally rich backers. If the new owners don't have finance and are looking to raise some, it feel like one step forward and 2 steps back.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!