Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• For those military 'buffs' I believe it's a French 75 ?
    Addickted said:

Still trying to work out how you can drink a soixante quinze

• edited February 2018

Didn’t want to come too early.

I often say this to Mrs Otto.
  • Didn’t want to come too early.

So do i
    Well I didn’t see that type of response coming........

So do i
    Lol
  • Roland's departure is even more painful and soul destroying than his arrival.

Just like Haemorrhoids, a slight itching develops into major irritation that takes months and months to get rid...
    This thread has now reached rock bottom

So do i
    Don't worry Dicky, wrong nationality for Rambo.

Too old as well.
  • Sponsored links:

So do i
    Too young for me.
  • JamesSeed said:

I am not sure what Red Bull is? I am sixty on Saturday and I know what fat coke, squash, good Cornish and Kent ale and last of all whatHorlicks is.

It tastes like bull urine and holds the secret to human flight. Best enjoyed with a Pot Noodle.
    Ok, I’ve got all those ingredients in front of me for what sounds like will be a delicious meal, but how do I cook the pot noodle?
    Boil Red Bull in kettle then pour over pot noodle. Leave to stand for 5 mins before stirring, chucking it in the bin and then reaching for the Just Eat app.
    Followed your instructions but missed the bit about chucking it in the bin, had it for breakfast and I’m feeling a bit iffy as a result. Not blaming you of course, but it smelt so delicious I wolfed it down.

By the way, how’s the takeover going?
    What takeover?
    I heard RedBull we’re taking over PotNoodle.
    Don't put your RedBull in the microwave....
    Thanks for the advice Pelling, you let me know just in time. I’ve since been told that that could have been a real problem.
  • Who's turn is it to do a summary?
  • Who's turn is it to do a summary?

Fuck all has happened.

Will that do?
    I think standards have been set higher than that.
  • DOUCHER said:

The fundraising in the City goes back a few weeks. It doesn’t necessarily tell you about the current situation. Personally, I’ve always been sceptical that there are two separate Aussie interested parties. It’s just as likely that one is a progression of the other.

The legal source is sticking with “done deal”, while I’ve also heard that two parties agreed a price.

How can it be a “done deal” if there are at least two other parties in the mix?
    Two different sources.
    Your clearly an intelligent man Airman but just out of interest, is the source that told you it was imminent back in October, the same one that said it was a done deal last week?
    Out of interest, who was your source that says nothing was happening a couple of months ago, when Richard Murray himself said due diligence had been happening the last few months by various parties?
    Do try and keep up
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

The fundraising in the City goes back a few weeks. It doesn’t necessarily tell you about the current situation. Personally, I’ve always been sceptical that there are two separate Aussie interested parties. It’s just as likely that one is a progression of the other.

The legal source is sticking with “done deal”, while I’ve also heard that two parties agreed a price.

Two different sources.
    Your clearly an intelligent man Airman but just out of interest, is the source that told you it was imminent back in October, the same one that said it was a done deal last week?
    Out of interest, who was your source that says nothing was happening a couple of months ago, when Richard Murray himself said due diligence had been happening the last few months by various parties?
    Do try and keep up
    With what? What else have you made up that I’ve missed?
    Yeah, can you let us know if your friend has stopped telling fibs yet?
    Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben18 said:

Nug said:

a CEO of one of the sponsors, says he has has gone and will be confirmed as early as Monday.

Interesting. Excerpt is from the latest VOTV.
    I'm absolutely gobsmacked by this.....what are you thinking?

Calibri is the worst font on the planet
    Comic Sans would be more appropriate for most of this thread.
    Red Bull gives you Wingdings
    Genius. Take a bow son.

• edited February 2018

Rothko said:

cafcwill said:

The CEO of one of the clubs sponsors has been informed that Duchatelet has sold. That’s what this implies ?

I’m certainly not suggesting that this is wrong but if the club is putting the news out there to sponsors then a, it’s very close and b, it’s only a matter of time before the sports media gets wind. The club are obviously now comfortable that people not on non disclosure agreements are in the loop. If that’s correct I would think the identity of the preferred bidder will come to light very soon as well.

Depends which sponsor. I can think of at least one who would get information from other sources than the club. There is no obvious reason for the club to tell sponsors in advance. The relationship is with the club, not the owner.
    Could it have been a former sponsor who stopped sponsoring because of Roland and the club is reaching out to bring them back because he's going?
    Unlikely that would be a priority before a deal is announced. I would surmise that someone who also sponsors other clubs has caught up with gossip.
    Depends if there were some weavering people in the room, and a change of ownership would convince them to hand over the cash?
    Basket cases?
    We're not being taken over by the Whicker Man are we?
  • St Truiden currently beating Anderlecht at home with 10 minutes to go. Probably the only bright spot of Roland's evening. Shame.
  • Fumbluff said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Two different sources.
    Do try and keep up
    With what? What else have you made up that I’ve missed?
    Yeah, can you let us know if your imaginary friend has stopped telling fibs yet?
    Thanks.
    Fixed that for you
  • February 18th is a Sunday? Why would anybody go to the extra expense of paying lawyers, etc. double time for a Sunday rather than wait 24 hours?
    Make my weekend that would! Fed the Big Cats at the Big Cat Sanctuary and bought a new car! Roland fucks off would be just a perfect finish lol

• Only 2 more sleeps !!!!!

Time to turn on the tingle......
  • CafcSCP said:

February 18th is a Sunday? Why would anybody go to the extra expense of paying lawyers, etc. double time for a Sunday rather than wait 24 hours?

Make my weekend that would! Fed the Big Cats at the Big Cat Sanctuary and bought a new car! Roland fucks off would be just a perfect finish lol

Smarden? It is a great experience, so much so that I went and stayed the night there with the wife.
  • I am sure that all though the ITK posters plank on here with the best intentions.

Bear this in mind before slagging off.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!