Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Only read this thread now to watch SHG fall on every word like it is gospel!

This is a Charlton Athletic takeover thread mate. It's full to the brim of bullshit and will most likely end in spectacular disappointment.

I'd say 'chill out 'but you crack on.

Glad I’m keeping your interest levels up.

• The CEO of one of the clubs sponsors has been informed that Duchatelet has sold. That’s what this implies ?

I’m certainly not suggesting that this is wrong but if the club is putting the news out there to sponsors then a, it’s very close and b, it’s only a matter of time before the sports media gets wind. The club are obviously now comfortable that people not on non disclosure agreements are in the loop. If that’s correct I would think the identity of the preferred bidder will come to light very soon as well.

Depends which sponsor. I can think of at least one who would get information from other sources than the club. There is no obvious reason for the club to tell sponsors in advance. The relationship is with the club, not the owner.
    Change of control clause in sponsorship agreement would usually have the sponsor being told in advance of any sale.
  • Never had a pot noodle, never want one, never seen Stars Wars (any of them, however many that is) only had a KFC once......never ever again.......never want to see another takeover thread again after this one is complete......well not for a few years at least!!!
  • Brazilian
    cfgs said:

Chicken and Mushroom is the only pot for me although I did have a short dalliance with Brazilian BBQ for a short while.

Brazilian BBQ, now there’s a thought.
  • The CEO of one of the clubs sponsors has been informed that Duchatelet has sold. That’s what this implies ?

I’m certainly not suggesting that this is wrong but if the club is putting the news out there to sponsors then a, it’s very close and b, it’s only a matter of time before the sports media gets wind. The club are obviously now comfortable that people not on non disclosure agreements are in the loop. If that’s correct I would think the identity of the preferred bidder will come to light very soon as well.

Depends which sponsor. I can think of at least one who would get information from other sources than the club. There is no obvious reason for the club to tell sponsors in advance. The relationship is with the club, not the owner.
    Change of control clause in sponsorship agreement would usually have the sponsor being told in advance of any sale.
    With the best will in the world, I don’t think we have any sponsors with that sort of clause/clout. They may have an option to walk away after a deal, should there be some clash with new owners. Do we have any energy drink sponsors?? :wink:
  • Few people saying.Monday now

Is it true or will it be disappointment again?

Expect little or nothing and you shall be seldom disappointed.
    My motto for life.
  • Few people saying.Monday now

Is it true or will it be disappointment again?

Expect little or nothing and you shall be seldom disappointed.
    My wife’s motto for life.
  • Please don’t derail the Pot noodle thread, thanks

(Chinese chow main flavour for me)

Horrible stuff.
    I've heard it stunts your growth.
    Just as well I have never eaten the stuff. I'd have been only 3'5"!
  • Sponsored links:

• Skipped from page 442 to go page 452 (bad moderating I know), but got behind

Fingers crossed the end is in sight. We all deserve this shit to be over
  • Here's hoping it all completes this week ready for a bumper party at football for a fiver on Saturday !!!
  • Here's hoping it all completes this week ready for a bumper party at football for a fiver on Saturday !!!

All down the Oak.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

A chicken and mushroom pot noodle was the snack of choice of the British Army on the Rhine in the 80's.

The naafi coudnt keep up with demand, the pots fit perfectly in your bergan side pouches and a shimuli (pyro rocket) lid fit over foil snug so kept it waterproof.

Best served with minimum water so stodgy and beteeen to slices of army bread and butter. A true life saver when keeping the Russian hordes at bay!

Things have moved on since the 80's, its now Chicken & Penguin flavour.
  • Sweet & Sour are my faves. Only thing is those silly little sachets of sauce are more rouble than they're worth. I always add my own special dipping sauce for a gourmet Pot Noodle experience.
  • Never had a pot noodle, never want one, never seen Stars Wars (any of them, however many that is) only had a KFC once......never ever again.......never want to see another takeover thread again after this one is complete......well not for a few years at least!!!

Could we not tempt you with the new Chicken & Penguin flavour.
  • Unbelievable that we’re still talking about Pot Noodles here
  • DA9DA9
    edited February 2018
    https://youtu.be/Tg-Q-Acv4qs

SE7toSG3 said:

A chicken and mushroom pot noodle was the snack of choice of the British Army on the Rhine in the 80's.

The naafi coudnt keep up with demand, the pots fit perfectly in your bergan side pouches and a shimuli (pyro rocket) lid fit over foil snug so kept it waterproof.

Best served with minimum water so stodgy and beteeen to slices of army bread and butter. A true life saver when keeping the Russian hordes at bay!

"Comrade, you won't can't believe what those decadent Western running dogs of capitalism are eating.

If that's Western luxury, give me Siberia anytime"

https://youtu.be/Tg-Q-Acv4qs
  • SX_Addick said:

I’ve read every post on this thread since it started. Every single bloody post.

My therapist says it will all end soon. The madness is nearly over. And now I believe it.

Champagne and Pot Noodle at the ready.

Red Bull and Pot Noodle you mean.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Charlton
    So good he sold it twice

2 done deals
    Tra la la la la
    We've got 2 done deals
    Tra la la la la la
    2 done deals
  • Davo55 said:

1. Deal completed 18th Feb

2. Announcement 19th Feb

3. Partyyyyy 19th-23rd Feb

4. Mega celebration 24th Feb

5. Hangover to end all hangovers 25th-28th February

I'm a little bit scared

Don’t be scared Davo, we’re all in this together.
    That’s what’s special about being an Addick.
  • Pot Noodles are just Super Noodles for people who hate themselves

Been waiting for someone to bring super noodles into the equation more choice of flavours
  • I am on a train to Brum. Smiling for now.
  • SX_Addick said:

I’ve read every post on this thread since it started. Every single bloody post.

My therapist says it will all end soon. The madness is nearly over. And now I believe it.

Champagne and Pot Noodle at the ready.

Red Bull and Pot Noodle you mean.
    Uni students dream night in no?!
  • I was devastated when they stopped the cheese and tomato one. Going back probably 25 years.

Did they ever bring it back?

Hahaha, had same conversation less than a week ago. They bought it back but tasted like shite, more tomato than cheese tasting like it used to.

The cheese and tomato pot noodle and the coconut boost should be bought back.
    Bought by who? :smile:
  • WSAWSA
    edited February 2018
    oops wrong thread
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!