Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Believe me, when the new owner comes in with his new scarves, we'll be going places.

• Stig said:

Believe me, when the new owner comes in with his new scarves, we'll be going places.

I think you mean times.
  • There was mention of it being finalised today (Sunday 18th) and maybe an announcement tomorrow. If there is any chance of that - then anyone who passes the valley car park today should see a small fleet of expensive cars and, just maybe, some with Belgian plates...
  • cafc-west said:

There was mention of it being finalised today (Sunday 18th) and maybe an announcement tomorrow. If there is any chance of that - then anyone who passes the valley car park today should see a small fleet of expensive cars and, just maybe, some with Belgian plates...

Or more likely in central London offices of the solicitors.

Hadn't thought of that!
  • Or The Valley Cafe.
  • cafc-west said:

There was mention of it being finalised today (Sunday 18th) and maybe an announcement tomorrow. If there is any chance of that - then anyone who passes the valley car park today should see a small fleet of expensive cars and, just maybe, some with Belgian plates...

Or more likely in central London offices of the solicitors.

Or even more likely absolutely nothing will happen at all and we'll still be discussing potential owners this time next week
    Surely it has to happen on the dates given now or there will be a bigger enquiry than the weapons of mass destruction
  • Just walked past the Training Ground, nothing extraordinary to report from here, normal Sunday morning youth team action & training
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:
    That's one Muir down then
  • So having read the link, the Scots and Donald Muir are out, 1 down I wonder how many 'really' to go?
  • LoOkOuT said:

Free scarfs, this lot know their audience!

Clearly big spenders.
  • edited February 2018

Oggy Red said:

I was devastated when they stopped the cheese and tomato one. Going back probably 25 years.

Did they ever bring it back?

Hahaha, had same conversation less than a week ago. They bought it back but tasted like shite, more tomato than cheese tasting like it used to.

The cheese and tomato pot noodle and the coconut boost should be bought back.
    Bought by who? :smile:
    There are a number of interested parties, including an Australian consortium, a mystery middle eastern buyer, various billionaires, and reportedly Paul Elliott representing a number of former Pot Noodle enthusiasts.

Yes folks, we’ve gone full circle.
    May I just add, that although I may be currently living/working in Saudi, I am not the mystery middle-east buyer unfortunately.

However, if I was, I have considered the structure of my 'team' and it would be as follows:

Airman Brown (obviously) as CEO.
    I'd like a fanny in the boardroom also, so the role of Chair Person goes to the inimitable Mrs Fanackapan.
    Canters would be in charge of Youth Development because of his unique understanding of the younger generation and Goonerhater would take up a new role of London Area Club Liaison with a direct link to The Emirates.
    Fadgadget leads the pre/post match entertainment by virtue of his excellent taste in music.
    After much deliberation and soul searching, Seth gets the role of First Team Manager because of his ability to analyse an opponent without the need to read any reports or research on them, with Northstandsteve 'cracking the whip' for him from a motivational perspective.

Prem within 4 years and Champions of Europe within 8.

Sorted.

• So having read the link, the Scots and Donald Muir are out, 1 down I wonder how many 'really' to go?

Isn’t it fairly certain that two bids have been deemed accepted ? That implies two until the niceties have been worked out and Roland signs it over.

FWIW. I still don’t think it’s next week.

• Stig said:

My favourite Dr Who
  • edited February 2018
    #propercharlton
  • Rudders22 said:

Interview with Scotland Manager. https://www.pressreader.com/uk/evening-times/20180217/281852939042873 Towards the end of the article he mentions about us and was there helping out friends on a consulatancy basis, Donald Muir was fronting the bid but the owner wanted too much money.

Bitesize alert!
  • Rudders22 said:

Interview with Scotland Manager. https://www.pressreader.com/uk/evening-times/20180217/281852939042873 Towards the end of the article he mentions about us and was there helping out friends on a consulatancy basis, Donald Muir was fronting the bid but the owner wanted too much money.

Hey, what are you doing putting facts on this thread ? :smile:

Good find, confirming what we thought we knew.
    Yeah I know terrible to deal in facts... should be BS, false rumours, pot noodles, horses, and anything else whilst we are bored..
  • Sponsored links:

The question too... How much did the Scots really have?

Isn’t it fairly certain that two bids have been deemed accepted ? That implies two until the niceties have been worked out and Roland signs it over.

FWIW. I still don’t think it’s next week.

Hi @ShootersHillGuru my comment was purely made on the basis of do we really know? Like you I think its 2, but with some saying its a done deal tomorrow, perhaps we are now down to 1? So much conjecture now that I think its difficult to really know what the story is. For what its worth I don't think tomorrow is the day, but I do have a sneaking feeling, based on nothing at all, that it could well be this week, in time for the big game against Shrewsbury.
  • Just had another thought.

When would the match day programmes for Saturday need to be sent for the printers?

I only ask because in there it will show the Directors and Chairman and owner etc. If we have new owners by then, the printers will (need to) know. Or will it be a case of putting a sticky label over it?

• edited February 2018
    Can you imagine the amount of traffic dan and the guys will have to cope with tomorrow especially if there’s no news by lunchtime
  • Yeah they must be rolling in it.
  • Can you imagine the amount of traffic dan and the guys will have to cope with tomorrow especially if there’s no news by lunchtime

Piece of piss.

Don’t think any of them work, do they?
  • Can you imagine the amount of traffic dan and the guys will have to cope with tomorrow especially if there’s no news by lunchtime

We pay enough in subscriptions for them to cope with that.

That reminds me, I need to upgrade to Platinum membership.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!